Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.0.2

[DE]Megan

Cooldowns are the Holy Grail of balance.  They are one of the two functions that allow abilities to be strong without becoming their own balance meta, in any game.

Just my two cents, I can't actually speak to the issue with Excalibur since I don't play that frame.

Edited by Dewnin

Yet another thread where people who like to play an easy game and feel like gods are discussing with people who would like to play a damn hard, but balanced, version of the game.

Back in the 90' would have been these who like to play Doom using cheating codes and the others who were trying to complete it at Nightmare difficulty.

Personally I'm for the hardcore version of the games, having a too easy game to play with will inevitably lead to "I'm sooooo annoyed" conclusions.

Those who think that the Gammacore is now useless never learnt to play, in my opinion.

I totally second the decision to nerf both Gammanukor and Excalibur.

I'd say...FINALLY!

Ever heard about a warframe called Ash? Do you know about how most players use him? They just press 4 and that's all. They can press 4 the entire game. And DE never done anything about it. So the question is: why nerf a warframe that requires some skill and timing but leave one-buttoned frames just be?

There's been some vitriol in this thread, and it isn't hard to see why.  Please, start listening to the people who aren't founders.  Every update brings dozens of pages of comments on these forums, and filtering out 90% of the rage leaves me a depressing picture.  The same ideas get tossed around, ignored by you, and promises are broken.  That is unacceptable, and it's very likely going to cost you paying customers.

But if you must listen to founders, please hear me say that you should listen to people like this guy and the dozens of other great posts in this thread with real constructive suggestions.  I really like the idea of putting in tiers of weapons that are less rewarding in missions outside their tier and give you an actual sense of advancement in them.  

The theme of this update in my own personal experience is that Warframe is a game that glitters with beautiful gold.  And underneath that thin layer of gold is rusted old iron that is snapping in half as you stand on it.

Edited by Yorinar

Yet another thread where people who like to play an easy game and feel like gods are discussing with people who would like to play a damn hard, but balanced, version of the game.

Back in the 90' would have been these who like to play Doom using cheating codes and the others who were trying to complete it at Nightmare difficulty.

Personally I'm for the hardcore version of the games, having a too easy game to play with will inevitably lead to "I'm sooooo annoyed" conclusions.

Those who think that the Gammacore is now useless never learnt to play, in my opinion.

I'd say...FINALLY!

Excalibur totally needed a nerf, Mr.White Knight.  I mean, he had one good skill and one decent skill, followed by one mobility skill that no one likes and one skill that's...meh once you get past 5 days of playing.

Also, nice Doom comparison, that totally proves your point, except...

1:Doom's difficulty was balanced.  Warframe's is based on grinding for hours on end to do 10% more damage, only for it to get nerfed the next month.

2:YOU HAD TO CHOOSE TO PLAY NIGHTMARE MODE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

3:There wasn't a patch that nerfed the Shotgun because of some stupid reason that was hidden and then, when called out upon it, quickly defended with a hypocritical, lying, toxic-to-gaming comment.

I don't mind difficulty, I've beaten and played numerous games with various challenges and 100%'d them, too.

Nerfing doesn't make things harder more often than not, it's not an "intelligent" or "smart" way to fix things, it's half-assed.  More often than not, a nerf is unneeded and it only hurts everyone.

You want things harder?  Fine, petition for a difficulty slider, I'd be for that.  Petition for actually good enemies that are designed well(Not, "like previous enemies but with I-Frames, invisibility, and regen"), I'd be for that.  But don't just nerf things, that's lazy.

Edited by UFOLoche

I'd say...FINALLY!

If you want to be so 'hardcore' then I have the following suggestion:

1: Go to T4 and let's say, go defense;

2: Limit yourself to MK-1 weapons and any frame you like, ANY frame;

3: No sentinel or kubrow is allowed;

4: Don't use ANY mod. NOT A SINGLE ONE;

5: Solo it.

6: I doubt you will make it to wave 2 and claim even a single reward.

Your argument is not valid at this point, you can make the game as easy or as hardcore for yourself as you want to, just put some limits into your arsenal, as in unmodded weapons and no companion and go into a mission. It is that easy.

Nerfing a frame or weapon has nothing to do with the real 'problem'. DE just took away an instrument, only to make room for the next instrument to do exactly the same (Saryn for example). They need to pay attention to the real problem, and not the instrument being used to exploit it.

It's exactly the same for the Synoid Gammacor (even though some people figured out that effective DPS is still the same).

Yes this thing was and still is OP, but only after putting a ton of forma and a potato AND the mods in it. After the Gammacor, the Vaykor Marelok is the OP secondary beast. I can smell a nerf incoming for that one between now and 3 months. Does it take away the problem? Nope, it will just open the doors to the next weapon in line, the Rakta Ballistica. And after that the Brakk, and so on and so forth. But those are just the instruments and not the real problem.

I don't know why but ever sence the update I have been unable to login, I know for a fact that my information is correct and yet I keep seeing the same message: "Login failed, check your info."

! have no idea whats going on!

Help!

while we're in dreamland... give me back my Brakk as it was given to me... w/ BEAST mode ON!  Damn I miss that. Used it on solo'ing... loved it when I wanted to just rek!

actually the nerf/adjustments just make me find new ways to play

Edited by SluggoV2

"good time"

you mean pressing 4 and defying the law of physics? Radial blind got nerfed because "light can't go through walls" so neither can freaking swords. stop whining. 

You know, DE can simply change to "Emits a bright flash of Energy", not Light. Energy can bypass walls

Ever heard about a warframe called Ash? Do you know about how most players use him? They just press 4 and that's all. They can press 4 the entire game. And DE never done anything about it. So the question is: why nerf a warframe that requires some skill and timing but leave one-buttoned frames just be?

not going to argue about this but Ash is all most useless. since the inset of the clones. At least as a solo frame which imo is what he was meant for. With all the nerf's DE did to him he's pretty much forced to co-op for survivability now.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

26 pages of replies and constructive criticism on how to make things better and no official response from DE yet. This really shows your lack of interest in this game. By allowing PWE to get a hold of your company (and KNOWING PWE's despicable reputation beforehand), you gave the middle finger to your playerbase.

Edited by Wedjat_88

26 pages of replies and constructive criticism on how to make things better and no official response from DE yet. This really shows your lack of interest in this game. By allowing PWE to get a hold of your company (and KNOWING PWE's despicable reputation beforehand), you gave the middle finger to your playerbase.

It really wasn't the middle finger they gave us. I just wish they would have used some KY or at the very least vasilean.

PvP 2.0 Bugs:

general connection/lag issues

unable to join sessions or being dropped after every round

frozen at lobby screen

Not sure if this is intended:

Loading into 2v1s alot or 1/2 way into a round where it is 4-0 just to lose the round as I spawn in

Why  "Chroma’s alt helmet will no longer appear in player inventories after completing The New Strange Quest." ?

because all other frames you can change the helmet to what you like...

So people cant climb to the roof on the relays anymore ?

I do note that the patterns of my Kubrow keep on changing either when i logged out of the game, and log in, or return from a mission when equiped with the sentinal.

Feel free to explain it, professor.  Math is math.  If you have better math than mine, lay it out.

Feel free to apologize when you figure out you're wrong, too.

He's probably referring to the fact that continuous weapons do not base status off of ammo consumed, but by seconds fired.

Upping the ammo consumption of any held trigger weapon is actually a nerf to status builds for that weapon.

what? Where do u read that?

I was playing last night, melee only with level 1 Ripkas. The only thing on it was the stance, Malicious Raptor. I did the first mission in the quest for Dragonbutt frame. It was a Rescue that turned into data recovery (the new spy mission type). The Grineer were starting at level 20. I successfully blocked Heavy Gunners doing their ground slam knockdown, at point blank range. And these were the elite guard HGs around the holding area.

Maybe I was bugged. I'll record some game play blocking, and find out. It's very much a chance that I might have just been bugged and blocked for no reason.

Like everything, especially with comments after a big update, take what is being said with a grain of salt. Most of the comments are overhyped negativity due to any kind of change.

Take for example some saying that DE do not listen, or change anything. Now look at Dragonbutt frame. 

/Sarcasm

See what helmet they released him with? But once again, DE doesn't listen to anyone. Ever. Because what they're trying to do is drive their business into the ground. They're against us.

/endSarcasm

Take it easy Tenno. It is a game right? It is still fun for your....isn't it? And if it's not, lay off of the slinging of insults calling the devs lazy or their decisions subversive. I don't need to be a white knight (which I'm far from) in order to see that some of y'all are going a bit too far as usual. Give it a break, you know things can change without insults right?