Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.0.2

[DE]Megan

Job well done, DE! Keep nerfing the likes of Excalibur and this game's future will continue looking bright. I am tired of these players pressing a button and stealing my kills in this co-op game, where we should killing things joyfully together, instead of just following these 4 spammers to extraction. There is no fun in that, so I am sitting here drinking the tears of these whiners that love pressing 4 like they're skillful or w/e.

I hope Saryn is next on the list. A suggestion is to make Miasma a true DoT that accumulates more damage over time, rather than the current the less duration, the more damage BS.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Duyet

Yes, things can certainly change without insults. But seeing the lack of response on DE's part on the entirety of this post, people will go sour. People get tired of being ignored.

True. DE did release U16 March 2015 - 09:21 PM and subsequent hot fixes as well.

If people don't hear immediately, they don't think the worst, they create various scenarios deriding DE as being the worst and lazy. There's a massive difference in this developer being a developer that never responds, to one that does respond in a human amount of time.

What companies immediately get back to you on your issues? Definitely not Time Warner. I'm simply wondering, and not condescending here. I'd like to know, what companies are that immediately responsive whenever a person snaps their fingers.

My example is T-Mobile. I've had wonderful service with them.

But this is a video game. I see the lack of need to publicly insult developers who are working on a game that we voluntarily give our time to.

Take it easy Tenno. It is a game right? It is still fun for your....isn't it? And if it's not, lay off of the slinging of insults calling the devs lazy or their decisions subversive. I don't need to be a white knight (which I'm far from) in order to see that some of y'all are going a bit too far as usual. Give it a break, you know things can change without insults right?

Even then, that's just one thing, that's one thing compared to everything else, and it's bad enough that I could actually believe that it's a nerf instead of a glitch.

I feel I've been reasonable with my comments, but I don't blame people for lashing out.  Excalibur is a frame most people start with, it is a frame a lot of people paid, what, 50$ for a unique version of it.  Anyone who actually uses Excalibur can tell you that him getting nerfed is ridiculous.  And I'm not going to take back what I said:  Nerfing is a lazy "solution" to the problem.  90% of the time, I've been able to near-instantly see a better solution than to nerf a weapon or frame that people like.

They "listened" after Viver.  And guess what?  IT HAPPENED AGAIN!  That's what's making people mad.  They KNOW(I need to stress this part, THEY KNOW) that people want Radial Javelin to stay the same, that it's not that good outside of some VERY specific situations.  This is the EXACT same thing that happened last time.  While I don't agree with insults(At least heavy handed ones, incompetence-related ones seem relevant about now), I do understand the anger.  It's one thing to mess up and fix it, it's another thing to do the exact same mess up a few months later and THEN lie that it's your "original vision".

I've been very defensive of Warframe, I've been very reasonable.  But I'm getting a bit tired of all the bad grinding, I'm getting tired of all the nerfs, I'm getting tired of all the cash grabs, I'm just getting tired of alot of it.

Job well done, DE! Keep nerfing the likes of Excalibur and this game's future will continue looking bright. I am tired of these players pressing a button and stealing my kills in this co-op game, where we should killing things joyfully together, instead of just following these 4 spammers to extraction. There is no fun in that, so I am sitting here drinking the tears of these whiners that love pressing 4 like they're skillful or w/e.

I hope Saryn is next on the list. A suggestion is to make Miasma a true DoT that accumulates more damage over time, rather than the current the less duration, the more damage BS.

Keep up the good work!

Mostly people get mad at the fact that of all warframes DE decide to nerf the one most balanced and not overpowered.

Edited by -Ksaero-

A friend of mine is experiencing a bug where the loadout takes time to register his changes in equipment and warframe. Last I heard he needed to wait for an hour for the changes to be registered and the archwing "get stuck and die in debris" bug is still there.

PSA: Excalibur Radial Javelin

We understand Bla bla bla .. Our original version of the power had built in Line of Sight, and was never intended to push through terrain.....

Aight so your intention with the very first frame was something else ,but you guys waited till Update 16 to fix it ! How lame and silly ! What was wrong with how it turned out to be instead of how u intended it (which I doubt ) . I understand you are sweet and lovely and all bt that doesn't mean we will eat whatever you say ! So Synoid is Useless, excal is useless , Raid rewards are useless ,unlimited forma BP drops are useless ...I think I can go on...don't let us reach to "warframe is Useless " !

Mostly people get mad at the fact that of all warframes DE decide to nerf the one most balanced and not overpowered.

I am tired of these players that don't understand this game is about team work and rewards and not kills.

I am also tired from players that think frames are overpowered because they see ultimate powers wipe out low level enemies.

would be nice to see rank and time played so we could see how qualified they are.

Edited by _sheepy_

Excalibur totally needed a nerf, Mr.White Knight.  I mean, he had one good skill and one decent skill, followed by one mobility skill that no one likes and one skill that's...meh once you get past 5 days of playing.

Also, nice Doom comparison, that totally proves your point, except...

1:Doom's difficulty was balanced.  Warframe's is based on grinding for hours on end to do 10% more damage, only for it to get nerfed the next month.

2:YOU HAD TO CHOOSE TO PLAY NIGHTMARE MODE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

3:There wasn't a patch that nerfed the Shotgun because of some stupid reason that was hidden and then, when called out upon it, quickly defended with a hypocritical, lying, toxic-to-gaming comment.

I don't mind difficulty, I've beaten and played numerous games with various challenges and 100%'d them, too.

Nerfing doesn't make things harder more often than not, it's not an "intelligent" or "smart" way to fix things, it's half-assed.  More often than not, a nerf is unneeded and it only hurts everyone.

You want things harder?  Fine, petition for a difficulty slider, I'd be for that.  Petition for actually good enemies that are designed well(Not, "like previous enemies but with I-Frames, invisibility, and regen"), I'd be for that.  But don't just nerf things, that's lazy.

If you want to be so 'hardcore' then I have the following suggestion:

1: Go to T4 and let's say, go defense;

2: Limit yourself to MK-1 weapons and any frame you like, ANY frame;

3: No sentinel or kubrow is allowed;

4: Don't use ANY mod. NOT A SINGLE ONE;

5: Solo it.

6: I doubt you will make it to wave 2 and claim even a single reward.

Your argument is not valid at this point, you can make the game as easy or as hardcore for yourself as you want to, just put some limits into your arsenal, as in unmodded weapons and no companion and go into a mission. It is that easy.

Nerfing a frame or weapon has nothing to do with the real 'problem'. DE just took away an instrument, only to make room for the next instrument to do exactly the same (Saryn for example). They need to pay attention to the real problem, and not the instrument being used to exploit it.

It's exactly the same for the Synoid Gammacor (even though some people figured out that effective DPS is still the same).

Yes this thing was and still is OP, but only after putting a ton of forma and a potato AND the mods in it. After the Gammacor, the Vaykor Marelok is the OP secondary beast. I can smell a nerf incoming for that one between now and 3 months. Does it take away the problem? Nope, it will just open the doors to the next weapon in line, the Rakta Ballistica. And after that the Brakk, and so on and so forth. But those are just the instruments and not the real problem.

You know you can still farm and run hard games with current nerfed Excalibur and Gammacor?

All you need to do is to dodge attacks, move around, use abilities, be tactical, revive teammates, look at the ammo wisely etc..

In few words: play properly.

If for you standing in the middle of a map with two Excal and a bad built Trinity 100% ev was playing, then we have two points of view of gaming completely different.

Also, joining a high-end game naked isn't hardcore. Is stupid.

A hardcore gamer feels satisfied when he succeed where others fail. Where he can beat a something that others can't handle. Legally. Fairly. Using all his equip and skills.

If you guys think that Excalibur and Gammacor are now useless...well...I'm sorry for you. You are blind.

I keep using em and they work great.

You know you can still farm and run hard games with current nerfed Excalibur and Gammacor?

All you need to do is to dodge attacks, move around, use abilities, be tactical, revive teammates, look at the ammo wisely etc..

If for you standing in the middle of a map with two Excal and a bad built Trinity 100% ev was playing, then we have two points of view of gaming completely different.

A hardcore gamer feels satisfied when he succeed where others fail. Where he can beat a something that others can't handle. Legally. Fairly. Using all his equip and skills.

If you guys think that Excalibur and Gammacor are now useless...well...I'm sorry for you. You are blind.

I don't care how hardcore someone thinks they are, if I'm going to do any high level mission that requires a key and you join my squad with that useless frame, I'll disband and not reinvite you. You're going to be more of a hindrance than a benefit.

This game is as easy or as hard as any given player chooses to make it. A player can choose to bring a Braton to Pluto, or they can choose to bring a Boltor Prime to Venus. Anyone doing the latter and complaining the game is too easy is an idiot though.

I generally already play in this manner, yet I still received an unwarranted downgrade to a piece of gear i use from time to time.

If you think standing in the corner of a room facing outwards so as to 'maximize' potential targets of an ult is good game design...

Joining a high end game naked is only stupid if the person doing so can't cut it. With success I'd imagine the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment would be immense. But hey, your definition, not mine.

Excalibur is now relatively useless in the sense that everything he does, someone else does better. As he stands he is now a mastery fodder frame.

Think about that. The game's poster boy is fodder. I'd say it's high time they chucked that Excalibur statue that they film the Dev Streams in front of and replaced it with Rhino, they'd be sending a clearer message that way.

Remember when Excalibur produced actual swords for his abilities?  That was actually cool and majestic compared to the feathery laser farts he makes now.  

Eh. not really.  I've only been around since about a month or two before Cryotic front, however, summoning real swords would at least make sense when it comes to LoS.  Make it move out in a cone from Ecalibur, making it actually 'radial' then add innate punch through for a certain amount but not go through things like entire bulkheads padded against asteroid strikes.  It could have enough to get through the random crate or interior wall but still be weak enough that it doesn't just nope through everything and it's mother at the same time.   That would balance the ability but at the same time make it reasonably powerful

Another frame bites the dust.  RIP!  By the time DE is finished with nerfing frames I won't have any frames left.  I guess that means it would be time to move on...I have Nova, Rhino Prime and Excal  Resting In Peace. Thanks for the terrible communication  and the Bad News Megan.!! 

Edited by -Sharpz-

Yes, things can certainly change without insults. But seeing the lack of response on DE's part on the entirety of this post, people will go sour. People get tired of being ignored.

Basically this. I've mentioned transparency before in context of the mods actions before, now DE gets that bit 'o treatment.   After 28 pages you'd think they at least say 'something'  Hek I haven't actually seen a Developer post that wasn't a thread starter or quickfix update in quite some time.  They don't take a few minutes and go  "Ok guys, things happened, we screwed up, we're dealing with it, give us some time to fix and or break it further until it rolls back around into usable, ok?"  Just a sentence like that would calm the butthurt somewhat, even if the next update was even more terrible it's at least "Something"  some manner of personal input on their part that shows they understand they kicked the pooch.