[DE]Megan

Hotfix 16.0.2

"Reduced the HP of Rhino’s Ironskin in PvP."

So why can we not do this for line of sight with excal? It's utterly pathetic to have your #1 frame in solo PVE go from near the top of the list of best frames back to the bottom of the list with the other "waste of time and money" frames like Zephyr and Oberon.. This is by far one of your poorest choices since U14....

You know you can still farm and run hard games with current nerfed Excalibur and Gammacor?

All you need to do is to dodge attacks, move around, use abilities, be tactical, revive teammates, look at the ammo wisely etc..

In few words: play properly.

If for you standing in the middle of a map with two Excal and a bad built Trinity 100% ev was playing, then we have two points of view of gaming completely different.

Also, joining a high-end game naked isn't hardcore. Is stupid.

A hardcore gamer feels satisfied when he succeed where others fail. Where he can beat a something that others can't handle. Legally. Fairly. Using all his equip and skills.

If you guys think that Excalibur and Gammacor are now useless...well...I'm sorry for you. You are blind.

I keep using em and they work great.

I for one am not one of those who goes to draco and stephano and stand in the middle of the map all day, so thank you for putting me in the same boat as those people... In fact I solo most of the content that is available to the players. So what you say about 2 excals and the trin, sure I understand. But that does not mean that nerfing a frame is a way of getting rid of the farms. Especially not a frame that has already been nerfed t®o(ugh) the ground. Who slash dashes these days? Radial blind is not usefull anymore unless your enemies are close to you and in LOS. Super Jump, never needed it. Why would I even? i just copter myself in the air and use the energy for other skills. And the one skill that is still usefull is getting nerfed.

Fine granted they reverted it now into "you hit everything that is aware to Excalibur" but that is still no solution. Considering that we are space ninja's and some of us (and I know that I do) like to play the game in stealth, this seems absolutely useless.

Also, going to T4 nakes is stupid? I see you did not get my point at all. What I meant is, you can make this game as hardcore as you want it to be. But everyone goes in with maxed gear and complains that it's to easy, and that is not DE's fault. It is the fault of the player. Limit yourself and make it harder for yourself by simply going into a mission without maxed out mods and do NOT forma your weapon 7x to max it out and do rediculous damage.

What companies immediately get back to you on your issues?

The kind who &!$$ off a good portion of their userbase.   Imagine a phone company where a portion of their service goes down state or country wide till its completely unusable.  They'll at least release a statement of what's going on.  It's been 2-ish days now, roughly 40 hours of nothing. It takes 5 minutes to come on here and give a "We're dealing with it." comment.  It might not be the comment we deserve but its the comment we need right now.

I mean the 'real' problem is that they're trying to deal with a terminal illness by treating it's symptoms, much like impersonal doctors who don't even have the decency to do patient visits to ease the passing.  Problem is, bad game design isn't terminal as long as you fix it before you alienate half your userbase,  and this game doesn't have a terminal illness, it's just toeing that line of no return.  If they fixed the way spawns worked as well as rewards, there wouldn't be a need for nerfing warframe abilities.  The payout would be sufficient that most people wouldn't bother with trying to figure out the correct build to powergrind (insert node here), even fewer would attempt it because most people don't WANT to press 4 all day long. It's boring.   The only reason they do it is because there is legitimately no other way to progress in this game with the grind ceiling being at the top of Mount Everest while you're stuck wading through the Mariana Trench.

Edited by TheMagicalSharpie
  • Upvote 1

I have just started a clan and i am looking for new warframes to join are you ready to join the storm? add me as a friend i will invite you to the clan we are currently building dojo but with massive progress!

I'm sure DE / PWE looked at Draco and thought "Wow, look at all the affinity boosters and Platinum we could sell if we just quietly nerf everything getting around our grind walls." But, that's not how it's going to work. LOL. Instead they got caught with their pants down around their ankles and tangled up in their own lies. Good job. *slow clap*

• Upvote 1

"Reduced the HP of Rhino’s Ironskin in PvP."

So why can we not do this for line of sight with excal? It's utterly pathetic to have your #1 frame in solo PVE go from near the top of the list of best frames back to the bottom of the list with the other "waste of time and money" frames like Zephyr and Oberon.. This is by far one of your poorest choices since U14....

Zephyr is actually a fairly good tanking or survival frame with her 3 as well as a decent CC with her ult.   Oberon has just as good an ult as Saryn and also has innate radiation proc.   He also has healing abilites and His 1 is also fairly good when built right.   Excalibur is just plain terrible atm and has never really been a 'good' frame for anything truly endgame.  He might have been good back during the founder era to rationalize the $50 drop for excal prime, but right now he's like the short scrawny kid that get's picked last in dodgeball.  He's not going to bring any skills to the table and is most likely going down within the first five minutes of play.

>>>Our original version of the power had built in Line of Sight, and was never intended to push through terrain.

Funny thing that DE noticed this only now...

Also, when are we going to get a fix for CtC PvP mode? It is kinda frustrating when one of the cephalons isn't spawning.

sadly this happens to all free2play games.. when devs gets to much monies, then patces is gona be all about twiddling with litte stupit numbers/stats wich realy dont lead to anywere. remember thise guys use 75% of there time to figgure out how to get ouer monies faster, and the last 25% to make the game better or worse. now we are at the useless twidlling of things there were good as they were.

wile we are at it pleace remove the gold Turn Key/whind up toy key on the RinoPrime..what were u thinking haveing a spinning whind up key on hes back?! looks cool?! comeon realy? my gf lauged at it.. why does it have a whind up key!

sadly i dont play much any more since my gamer buddy moved and hes new place cant penetrate your strict nat bull..

TallyHO 

• Upvote 1

^

Free2Play = Slow grind designed to milk as much money from the playerbase as possible.

You're welcome.

Edited by Rebellis
  • Upvote 2

Guys, Excal is really, really bad now. If you're going to implement LOS limits on him, go back to having the javelins shoot out radially from Excal's position. The current implementation is extremely weird and really not very useful.

• Upvote 1

excalibur wont forget. i will keep posting in this forum until he gets fixes or nova loki and the rest of the real OVERPOWERED FRAMES get a nerf

• Upvote 2

PSA: Excalibur Radial Javelin

We understand there is some confusion regarding Radial Javelin’s recent adjustment.  Our original version of the power had built in Line of Sight, and was never intended to push through terrain.  As such, Radial Javelin as it currently stands is functioning as it was always intended to.  We apologize for the confusion this has caused and will do better to communicate these refinements in the future.

This is like a bank robber telling a judge he was putting the money back and expecting the judge to believe him,

you have just added insult to injury.

What about the Synoid gammacor,did you accidentally make it ten times better than intended?

A lot of players poured time effort and money into that weapon.How are we supposed to trust you on the next new weapon?

Good communication should start with being honest.

I have NO confidence or trust in [DE] anymore.

To the forum warriors that think Radial Javelin or Synoid gammacor are overpowered,you have never taken them to late game.

Anything that is evan marginally effective at late game is going to seem overpowered at early game,you can't have one without the other.

• Upvote 8

ON EXCAL NURF

If you make a game all about profit margins and not about pleasing your players - you loose those players.

I'm not saying DE should be pleasing everybody; Balancing is important! BUT This is not a balanced move! This is clearly a BS way to make players spend more money.

This game is a lot about farming and making your warframe stronger to do bigger and more intense farms. DE is nurffing to make farming harder so you will spend more money on boosters. The reason why it is BS is because sooner or later the player is just going to quit playing - There will not be a point to use any warframe.  There is not enough story or new content to keep people playing other than farming everyday.

The main reasons why people have quit playing is the nurfing ie" inconsistency of player abilities between updates" and redundancy of game content ie not enough to keep people interested. As a warlord of a Storm Clan - I have gone through 3 Clan life cycles to prove this.

-- What keeps people come back in the game after they left is is learning about new awesome things you can do with your warframe. Stop Nurffing! This is such a fools practice and is not going to grow warframe for the long term. Unless DE has an exit strategy and plans to sell out completely to Perfect World.

I love this game and I'd hate to see this happen. DE please consider your loyal fans. "Don't be like the rest. Tainted and ruined beyond salvation."

Edited by 5nak3Doctor
  • Upvote 5

Be happy that you guys can actually login and play ;)

And yes, some parts of Warframe are just insane grind... at least if you try to get everything. Well some rare drops are actually a grind madness. (you shouldn't even try without Nekros and/or Hydroid)

But without grind, Warframe would just be any common game that you wouldn't play for long. Yes playing Warframe is fun as long as you don't totally abuse mechanics (and even that might be fun a few times) but to have a goal to look forward to, to progress little by little is even more fun. You're not just wasting time because you can't progress, no you actually get something in return you wouldn't have gotten otherwise (new items, affinity you need, etc.)

So yes, grind sucks, but it also helps ;) How much fun is it to finish a game within one day? You most wouldn't play if it weren't for new content or other stuff to look forward to.

Edited by ShiroiTora
  • Upvote 1

This is really weird but when i go scan chroma in the quest my computer freezes and i have to turn off the computer... does anyone else has this problem???

I'm half hoping that Cephalon Simaris asks me to synthesize Ordis next, if I hear that quest dialogue one more time.. After every bloody mission.  Even turning off Ordis volume only causes me to hear half the conversation.  

Also, I'd like to see stats on how many conclave matches actually finished this weekend.  Every single one i've been in has bugged out because of one of the cephalons vanishes.

edit: managed to complete 2 matches, one I joined for about 1 minute before it was over. the other was followed by a match where i died and never respawned.  i was carrying the cephalon and i'm pretty sure it vanished with me.

Edited by Yorinar
  • Upvote 2

warframe_zpsxsnymotw.jpg

synoid gammacor,like shooting a b.b. gun at a freight train.

Radial Javelin,don't make me laugh!

• Upvote 1

Synoid Gammacor was pretty OP. And Radial Javellin should have always had LoS imo.

Again, in my OPINION.

Can you say the same for Miasma, Stomp, Overload, Crush, and so many more? No? OK, bye troll.

Edited by MulticomHD
  • Upvote 6

Ok, been thinking a bit on Excal's abilities and here's a nice way to make Excalibur's powers unique and make them more team oriented.

Slash dash - Anything he hits that doesn't die should either be knocked down, staggered or both. If he's in the air, it should send him in the direction he's looking and on impact with an enemy or the ground, releases a shockwave that staggers nearby enemies in a small area. This gives him the ability to jump into a group of enemies, attack while not getting surrounded and escape without taking too much damage if he has the chance.

Radial Blind - Rename to Radial Stun and act more like a flash bang, the blind range is shortened and can still be LoS but the sound waves disorient and confuse the enemy, decreasing their accuracy for a short duration, or in the case of the infested 'Staggering' them and inflicting light amounts of damage, similar to Loki's Radial Disarm. This allows you to support people in other rooms if necessary but doesn't make it TOO overpowered because all it does is stagger or reduce enemy accuracy, while the blind aoe is much smaller thus less OP.  Keep the increased damage from the blind on though

Super Jump - Rename to Rising Blade, have the base jump height increased slightly and then have the ability initiated by a Shoryuken style twisting blade uppercut that affects an area around Excalibur. The ability still makes him invisible and temporarily buffs Melee damage and frame speed for the duration of the jump, which allows a quick Slash Dash straight back down into the enemy horde he just escaped from, stunning/staggering/knocking down them for a short duration and inflicting more damage due to the slight buff. Or, allowing him to shoot away to safety due to the temporarily increased speed.

Radial Javelin - Rename to Piercing Javelin and have the blades originate from Excalibur in a forward facing cone. Every enemy within that range is targeted and the blades are sent out in a cone to attack anything in the direction he's facing. Blades have innate 1-3 meter punch through (Depending on ability level and mods equipped) allowing them to go through cover and kill the enemy on the other side, but not allowing the ability to say, travel through three walls and a container to kill the enemy on the other side. Since the blades are originating from Excalibur they have to travel through the terrain to reach their target and if the width of the terrain it's trying to pass through exceeds the innate punch through, the attack fails. This is the best of both worlds, you still have an ability that can clear a room, but if the enemy is far enough away with enough material between them, even if they're in range the attack wont reach them. This prevents the ability from nuking everything in its range yet still giving it the power it deserves since it IS a giant wave of piercing blades of energy, it SHOULD be able to go through SOME terrain. You can keep or remove the small stun with this ability, it's up to you.

Passive ability: Like Mirage and Mesa, Excalibur should have a passive skill with his area of expertise i.e. bladed weapons (This does not include things like the Fragor, Amphis, etc. This is strictly speaking sword-like implements and can included axes, claws, tonfa, gunblade etc.)

Dual blade weapons get 10% crit and status chance increase. (Dual Skana 5 and 10% respectively become 15 and 20%) (Logically with two blades you "should" have a higher chance to inflict those damage types anyway)

a Single blade gets a 20% attack speed increase. (1.0 to 1.2) (Excalibur's technical skill with a blade would allow him to wield these weapons with greater speed and efficiency)

Heavy Blades get a 10% crit chance increase (Galatine goes from 10% to 20%) and 1.0x crit multiplier increase (Galatine goes from 2.0x to 3.0x) but attack speed is decreased by 15% (Obviously with more knowledge on how to strike with a blade of this size and his overall skill with a blade Excalibur could target points on an enemy that would normally be hard to hit with a blade of this size. However, this focus on precision slows down your attacks.)

And finally the higher the level of the melee weapon the less stamina it uses for all actions. i.e. level 1-10 = 10% less. 11-20 = 20% less. 21-30 = 30% less.

There, your "Master of Blades" has a reason for that title and he becomes a great melee oriented frame with;

An attack/assisted movement skill that actually supports getting in an enemies face with a melee (even if they're high level) without getting murdered.

A decent crowd control skill with 'reasonable' limitations and applications.

A survival/area of affect/assisted movement skill that allows for strategic play yet is still capable of inflicting damage and getting you out of a tight spot if you're surrounded.

An ultimate that isn't OP yet allows for strategic play and can still do damage to a wide area.

Just a suggestion DE.

Edited by TheMagicalSharpie
  • Upvote 2

You know you can still farm and run hard games with current nerfed Excalibur and Gammacor?

All you need to do is to dodge attacks, move around, use abilities, be tactical, revive teammates, look at the ammo wisely etc..

In few words: play properly.

If for you standing in the middle of a map with two Excal and a bad built Trinity 100% ev was playing, then we have two points of view of gaming completely different.

Also, joining a high-end game naked isn't hardcore. Is stupid.

A hardcore gamer feels satisfied when he succeed where others fail. Where he can beat a something that others can't handle. Legally. Fairly. Using all his equip and skills.

If you guys think that Excalibur and Gammacor are now useless...well...I'm sorry for you. You are blind.

I keep using em and they work great.

A little sanctimonious, but nonetheless accurate.  If you can't clear T4s with a maxed out Excalibur and Synoid then you have major issues.

I don't care how hardcore someone thinks they are, if I'm going to do any high level mission that requires a key and you join my squad with that useless frame, I'll disband and not reinvite you. You're going to be more of a hindrance than a benefit.

Yeah, blinding everything in the room indefinitely is useless.  Timely, safe revives?  Useless.  Stealth damage multiplier for your whole team?  Useless.  Carries the same OP weapons the rest of your squad has?  Irrelevant!  Can't repfarm; no purpose.  

Edited by RealPandemonium
  • Upvote 1

ima guess warframe isnt dead/ dying yet? this update 16... wut a shame...

• Upvote 2