[DE]Megan

Hotfix 16.0.2

I can smell Perfect worlds smelly shadow casting on this game now.

Its about time the playerbase raise some funds to buy DE back from imPerfect World

• Upvote 1

Yeah, blinding everything in the room indefinitely is useless.  Timely, safe revives?  Useless.  Stealth damage multiplier for your whole team?  Useless.  Carries the same OP weapons the rest of your squad has?  Irrelevant!  Can't repfarm; no purpose.  

Except it doesn't blind everything in the room, because half the time your enemies are hiding in cover and the blind doesn't work on them, then they start taking pot shots while you are reviving your teammates and thought they were incapacitated. At levels 100+, hit scan pot shots really, REALLY hurt, or worse those void Bombards that one shot you with on-rails rockets that can turn 180 degrees on a dime.   As for the stealth multiplier, it only accounts for melee damage and the FIRST melee attack at that, after that its just regular damage.  I don't know about you, but I'm a bit leery of going up to a level 100+ heavy gunner and tapping on her crotch plate to try and kill her, hoping that I can chop her up before she turns around and gib slaps my face off with one attack.  I'd rather not even attempt to get into melee range with anything that can one shot me, that's putting too much risk to the mission.    As for carrying the same OP weapons?  Apparently you're not getting the main argument in this thread, that there are frames that do Excals job better than him.  It doesn't matter what weapons he has, if you can banshee stun everyone or loki disarm or any other skills that CC a room, they can do it better than Excal because their abilities aren't LoS.   So you're taking a subpar frame to do what some other frame can do better, simple as that.

• Upvote 5

Synoid Gammacor was pretty OP. And Radial Javellin should have always had LoS imo.

Again, in my OPINION.

In your opinion OP in T4s hour+ or 3000+ cryotic?

In your opinion OP on earth or mercury?

The first you need a powerful weapon and the second you could take a fart in a jam jar and its OP.

just wondering as you wasn't very specific.

• Upvote 4

He's probably referring to the fact that continuous weapons do not base status off of ammo consumed, but by seconds fired.

Upping the ammo consumption of any held trigger weapon is actually a nerf to status builds for that weapon.

I always presumed it was tied to Rate of Fire, which is not the same as ammo consumed for continuous weapons.  For example, pre-U16 (and probably still if you have a fast enough mouse) you could break Grineer Sensor Bars with the Synoid Gammacor without using a single bit of ammo.  I did it all the time.  This is because the gun consumed a certain ammo per second, and did damage a certain number of times per second, and while they are scaled to be similar, the two times aren't actually exactly the same - so you could hit a single instance of damage before it ticked off the first "round" of ammo and kill the sensor bars for free.

So again, rate of fire got buffed, and damage ticks are tied to rate of fire, and only INDIRECTLY to ammo consumption.  Thus I presumed status is tied to damage instances rather than ammo usage.  If I am wrong, my bad - but I will note that my own Syn Gammacor is proccing corrosion about twice as often now in T3-Anything (the hardest thing I ever try to solo).  This is after about 20+ void runs since 16.0.1 so I'm pretty sure it's not just RNG.

So again, yes, I could be wrong.  That's why I asked to see some math - if I'm wrong, this is hard numbers, not difficult to prove and I'll gladly say "my bad" and move on.  But DE is getting a lot of crap for two decisions - and at least one of them seems to me to be a stealth buff, not a nerf.  Excal is still just braindead stupid but AFAIK the Gammacor change is a net gain unless you're such a horrible shot that you can actually manage to run dry with it.

And I forma'd mine for the second time the day before 16.0, so keep in mind I'm having no ammo issues even without my mutation equipped.  If it's not out of ammo when it's only back to rank 24 and I'm 20 minutes into soloing T3S then it just doesn't have ammo problems, period.

• Upvote 1

I always presumed it was tied to Rate of Fire, which is not the same as ammo consumed for continuous weapons.  For example, pre-U16 (and probably still if you have a fast enough mouse) you could break Grineer Sensor Bars with the Synoid Gammacor without using a single bit of ammo.  I did it all the time.  This is because the gun consumed a certain ammo per second, and did damage a certain number of times per second, and while they are scaled to be similar, the two times aren't actually exactly the same - so you could hit a single instance of damage before it ticked off the first "round" of ammo and kill the sensor bars for free.

So again, rate of fire got buffed, and damage ticks are tied to rate of fire, and only INDIRECTLY to ammo consumption.  Thus I presumed status is tied to damage instances rather than ammo usage.  If I am wrong, my bad - but I will note that my own Syn Gammacor is proccing corrosion about twice as often now in T3-Anything (the hardest thing I ever try to solo).  This is after about 20+ void runs since 16.0.1 so I'm pretty sure it's not just RNG.

So again, yes, I could be wrong.  That's why I asked to see some math - if I'm wrong, this is hard numbers, not difficult to prove and I'll gladly say "my bad" and move on.  But DE is getting a lot of crap for two decisions - and at least one of them seems to me to be a stealth buff, not a nerf.  Excal is still just braindead stupid but AFAIK the Gammacor change is a net gain unless you're such a horrible shot that you can actually manage to run dry with it.

And I forma'd mine for the second time the day before 16.0, so keep in mind I'm having no ammo issues even without my mutation equipped.  If it's not out of ammo when it's only back to rank 24 and I'm 20 minutes into soloing T3S then it just doesn't have ammo problems, period.

And I can still do that with synapse, spectra, and just about any other held trigger gun.

All held trigger weapons have their status listings as "Status / Sec: X%" in the codex. Don't know what kinda math you want from that.

I wouldn't know anything about it's current ammo consumption, as I sold mine after hitting 30 with it. Didn't like the way it handled, and I'm in Suda so it didn't cost me any plat. All I know is it wasn't fun for me then, and if modding similar weapons to behave like it is any indication it won't be fun for me now either.

I'm honestly more upset about degrading one frame's 4 to another frame's 1.

Edited by Onisa

Well at least we won't hear people complaining about wanting excalibur prime anymore because he's now worthless.

• Upvote 3

I'm not quite sure where else to post this but while running Draco, Ceres my squad & I hit some bugs that keep us from continuing. First G3 attacked and put our Trinity in a perpetual bubble. She was bleeding out twice while inside and the squad revived her. After G3 and all enemies were down The Manic attacked. Our squad killed him but Lotus never asked if we wanted to "Stay or go". The end of round screen didn't pop up after either.

G3 dropped their sigil which makes this whole situation all the more frustrating. Trinity (aka TikTacBoom) Alt F4'ed out of the game and came back. Then Tenno returned without the bubble but the round wouldn't restart.

Warframe0066.jpg

Warframe0069.jpg

I'm not quite sure where else to post this but while running Draco, Ceres my squad & I hit some bugs that keep us from continuing. First G3 attacked and put our Trinity in a perpetual bubble. She was bleeding out twice while inside and the squad revived her. After G3 and all enemies were down The Manic attacked. Our squad killed him but Lotus never asked if we wanted to "Stay or go". The end of round screen didn't pop up after either.

G3 dropped their sigil which makes this whole situation all the more frustrating. Trinity (aka TikTacBoom) Alt F4'ed out of the game and came back. Then Tenno returned without the bubble but the round wouldn't restart.

Warframe0066.jpg

Warframe0069.jpg

I was in the same mission (You can see my name in the screencap, Hi mom~) And I wanted to be the 'confirming voice' for this. It's frustrating because we are essentially sitting here forever now since no one wants to leave because we got nice things. It is going to be disappointing having to leave my computer on all night to wait for tech support in the morning.

2ac63af645bc1a13848cf21972e92711.jpg

e19969d0bbb420ddefe65d4e355626e6.jpg

Except it doesn't blind everything in the room, because half the time your enemies are hiding in cover and the blind doesn't work on them, then they start taking pot shots while you are reviving your teammates and thought they were incapacitated. At levels 100+, hit scan pot shots really, REALLY hurt, or worse those void Bombards that one shot you with on-rails rockets that can turn 180 degrees on a dime.   As for the stealth multiplier, it only accounts for melee damage and the FIRST melee attack at that, after that its just regular damage.  I don't know about you, but I'm a bit leery of going up to a level 100+ heavy gunner and tapping on her crotch plate to try and kill her, hoping that I can chop her up before she turns around and gib slaps my face off with one attack.  I'd rather not even attempt to get into melee range with anything that can one shot me, that's putting too much risk to the mission.    As for carrying the same OP weapons?  Apparently you're not getting the main argument in this thread, that there are frames that do Excals job better than him.  It doesn't matter what weapons he has, if you can banshee stun everyone or loki disarm or any other skills that CC a room, they can do it better than Excal because their abilities aren't LoS.   So you're taking a subpar frame to do what some other frame can do better, simple as that.

The whole game is filled with OP stuff that we don't need but abuse anyway.  Level 100+ enemies are bandaids for the overpowered weapons and powers that we abuse.  They are certainly not Warframe, and infinite content should never be a balance concern.  Just because some frames can turn off gameplay more reliably doesn't mean that you can't take Excal and faceroll like the rest of them.  Btw, enemies that are aware of you will be blinded through cover and Super Jumping makes pretty much all enemies in the room aware of you when you decloak and cast RB at the top of the jump.  I was doing it in the raid reliably; you could tell it was effective because when I started carrying the battery my teammates started to drop much more often (which is funny because they were using the more OP options that you are referring to but were playing poorly enough to go down despite that.)  

is it too much to ask that i can play the @(*()$ game that we spent 2 freaking year playing an in which i used so much money

thanx de for the new update that we cannot login to play

• Upvote 3

please please please help the players who cant even login after the update! this happens way too much,and ive missed my chance to get frost prime just cuz i cant even login!! :( extremely disappointed.

HOTFIX NOTES JUST LIKE ALL 16.0 notes :

Failed to login, check info

even though all our info is right, u dont let us play u16, also, could it be

Error: war-mongo2:27017 ?????????

thats what EE.LOG is, if u know ure errors, sort them out, plz, i looked on forums and theres loads of people including on steam that have this error, please fix, or ill just divert to another game, shame cuz this games beast :) but if u cant solve a problem stopping many of us joining, then why play when i cant ? hmph? please DE........sort it out. soon eh?

The whole game is filled with OP stuff that we don't need but abuse anyway.  Level 100+ enemies are bandaids for the overpowered weapons and powers that we abuse.  They are certainly not Warframe, and infinite content should never be a balance concern.  Just because some frames can turn off gameplay more reliably doesn't mean that you can't take Excal and faceroll like the rest of them.  Btw, enemies that are aware of you will be blinded through cover and Super Jumping makes pretty much all enemies in the room aware of you when you decloak and cast RB at the top of the jump.  I was doing it in the raid reliably; you could tell it was effective because when I started carrying the battery my teammates started to drop much more often (which is funny because they were using the more OP options that you are referring to but were playing poorly enough to go down despite that.)  

I agree with the Bandaids thing, they need to make the enemies more varied and more powerful in a different way instead of endless waves of progressively harder enemies.  But you cant argue the fact that late, game content Excal isn't as good as other more contemporary frames.  And those frames don't "turn off gameplay"  It's strategic denial, you deny the enemy the chance to move/attack/etc.  It's how this games Meta is played.

"Super Jumping makes pretty much all enemies in the room aware of you"  Except you become invisible when you jump, making them lose sight of you even if they were aware of you, and then you STAY invisible until you touch a surface, so you "Decloaking"  at the top of the jump to cast RB is completely impossible unless you wall run before hand.  Also, when it comes to super jump, if the room is shorter than the Super jumps peak you end up dropping the few feet down after hitting the ceiling and releasing your BR a few feet off the ground, doing absolutely nothing anyway.  Not to mention that Super Jump and Radial Blind are inherently opposite skills.  Power Range is required for Radial Blind to make it as effective as it can be,  Overextended lowers that Strength which is required for Super jump, yet intensify doesn't do almost anything for you, so you have to use Blind Rage, which lowers efficiency, now you have to use Fleeting Expertise to counter that and end up lowering Power Duration, which is what makes Radial Blind last as long as it does.  So it's a toss up, either you want Range and duration for Blind, or you want Strength for super jump and Radial Javelin.

If Loki is going down then it's a bad player playing him.  His thing for lasting is range and duration for Invisibility and Radial Disarm.  If he's going down he's either not invisible, or not disarming people.  And it's his job to rez people if they're down so he NEEDS to stay out of the splash zone where most of the enemy DPS is located.  So someplace up high invisible while Disarming everything.  If he's getting killed while invisible AND when everything doesn't have a ranged attack, then their player is doing something wrong.

Banshee, yeah she could go down if her team wasn't working together with her.  She's a truly team oriented frame, if she goes down, it's(for the most part anyway) the fault of the team she's supporting not picking up the kills she sets up with her abilities, which are either stuns or a damage multiplier.

And player skill should never enter into an argument on abilities anyway.  We're comparing numbers and utility not player ability.  I'm sure a rank 18 who's been playing since this game started can probably come up with a way to use Excal that's 'reasonable'  not 'effective' or 'op'  but at least 'reasonable'   The reason I say this is because If your teammates suck it doesn't matter what frame they're using.   But two players of equal skill using Excal or one of the other CC frames, Excal doesn't really stack up to the other frames.  This is coming from someone who uses all the frames on a regular basis, Excal just doesn't match up to the other CC frames for me or the people I play with.