Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.0.2

[DE]Megan

PSA: Excalibur Radial Javelin

We understand there is some confusion regarding Radial Javelin’s recent adjustment.  Our original version of the power had built in Line of Sight, and was never intended to push through terrain.  As such, Radial Javelin as it currently stands is functioning as it was always intended to.  We apologize for the confusion this has caused and will do better to communicate these refinements in the future.

Conclave Changes

• Reduced the HP of Rhino’s Ironskin in PvP.
  • Reduced the damage of Paris Prime in PvP.
  • Made various lighting lighting improvements to Cephalon Capture’s Orokin tileset.
  • Improved textures of Cephalon Capture objectives.
  • Teshin will now speak a little more quickly in Cephalon Capture.

Changes

• Chroma’s alt helmet will no longer appear in player inventories after completing The New Strange Quest.
  • Removed exits from Vay Hek boss fight in Law of Retribution.
  • Improved audio quality on Grineer hacking minigame.
  • Made various audio adjustments to silenced weapons.
  • Reduced Ordis’ conversational tendencies when in the Liset.
  • Updated Mod and Market icons for Transmutation Cores.
  • Updated various materials to PBR quality.
  • Rescue Missions will now provide more experience at higher levels.
  • Reduced the level of ambient noise in Relays.
  • The Manic Grineer will now disappear after killing a player in Solo mode.
  • The Manic Grineer is no longer affected by Bladestorm.

Fixes

• Optimized matchmaking server code to handle load better (may fix some invitation failures).
  • Reduced memory footprint in the Relays to avoid some crashes on 32-bit systems.
  • Fixed issue where players could enter Conclave with no valid PvP gear during a Host migration, causing a crash.
  • Fixed default PvP loadout containing non-PvP items.
  • Fixed Chroma’s Spectral Scream not equipping a weapon once deactivated if the ability was used while holding a scanner.
  • Fixed some instances where players could move out of bounds on Relays.  
  • Fixed auto-target abilities accidentally targeting player Sentinels.
  • Fixed Limbo being able to trigger pressure plates while in the Rift.
  • Fixed various exploits in the Law of Retribution encounters.
  • Fixed rain particles looking pixelated.
  • Fixed Arcane Enhancements appearing with Prime part in the Inventory.
  • Fixed error that would occur when trying to equip a scanner while unarmed.
  • Fixed ‘Logout’ button not bringing players back to Login screen.
  • Fixed material on Steel Meridian Medallions not displaying correctly.
  • Fixed various texture issues in Relays.
  • Fixed additional ammo clips showing on Soma and Soma Prime.
  • Fixed issue causing the Manic Grineer to become stuck on objects.
  • Fixed mind controlled targets not becoming immune to Mind Control when granted immunity to powers and abilities.  
  • Fixed an ugly white line showing up on the floor of Grineer tilesets.
  • Fixed Ogris charging effects and firing animation not displaying properly.
  • Fixed players not being able to unequip Sentinels after removing primary and secondary weapons.
  • Fixed Ordis’ ‘idle’ Liset transmissions interrupting other communications.
  • Fixed Sentinel NPCs, voice acting, or animations showing for Clients in the first mission of The New Strange Quest.
  • Fixed Chroma’s Elemental Ward buff showing as 1% off in the HUD in some instances.
  • Fixed melee finishers adjusting the player camera in an unusual way.
  • Fixed visual issue with Gammacor where weapon would open while holstered after melee or a quick roll.
  • Fixed Huras Kubrow’s Stalk not properly applying to Players.
  • Fixed Vay Hek still broadcasting his threats to Relays.
  • Fixed Codex and Library scanners still showing as being equipped during a Host migration.
  • Fixed both Ordis and Teshin transmission not matching corresponding subtitles.
  • Fixed pistol and melee slots not being auto-equipped for default PvP loadouts.
  • Fixed an error that would occur with Grineer Shipyards cranes.

More nerfs to the weak and more buffs to the already over-powered. I'm not liking where this update is going. I'm fine with your criticism about this comment. But this is getting out of hand, especially for an update claimed to be "the year of progress". I'm seriously considering quitting Warframe once again, the boredom is real, the frustration is real, the nerf is real, the buff is unreal.

so a rocket launcher should be silent? you know its wrong right?

Every weapon should have its uses. As go-to weapon it's already useless bc of ammo capacity and high self-kill probability (teammate backs...). It's was somewhat good for stealth missions (if there's no nullifiers to throw your rockets back to your face) and static farm missions (DE constantly nerfing with afk timers, new enemies, reward dilution, etc).

If you nerf something somehow it's not only should be logical and realistic but also caused by OPness or compensated somehow. What we got in return? Worse looks?

We understand there is some confusion regarding Radial Javelin’s recent adjustment.  Our original version of the power had built in Line of Sight, and was never intended to push through terrain.  As such, Radial Javelin as it currently stands is functioning as it was always intended to.  We apologize for the confusion this has caused and will do better to communicate these refinements in the future.

Conclave Changes

• Made various lighting lighting improvements to Cephalon Capture’s Orokin tileset.

Changes

• Chroma’s alt helmet will no longer appear in player inventories after completing The New Strange Quest.

Fixes

• Optimized matchmaking server code to handle load better (may fix some invitation failures).
  • Reduced memory footprint in the Relays to avoid some crashes on 32-bit systems.
  • Fixed issue where players could enter Conclave with no valid PvP gear during a Host migration, causing a crash.
  • Fixed Chroma’s Spectral Scream not equipping a weapon once deactivated if the ability was used while holding a scanner.
  • Fixed mind controlled targets not becoming immune to Mind Control when granted immunity to powers and abilities.  
  • Fixed players not being able to unequip Sentinels after removing primary and secondary weapons.
  • Fixed Sentinel NPCs, voice acting, or animations showing for Clients in the first mission of The New Strange Quest.
  • Fixed Chroma’s Elemental Ward buff showing as 1% off in the HUD in some instances.
  • Fixed visual issue with Gammacor where weapon would open while holstered after melee or a quick roll.
  • Fixed Codex and Library scanners still showing as being equipped during a Host migration.
  • Fixed both Ordis and Teshin transmission not matching corresponding subtitles.
  • Fixed pistol and melee slots not being auto-equipped for default PvP loadouts.

there is an annoying sound error with rhino's stomp which replaces the end "whomp n crush" with a bizarre cymbal drum like noise that reminds me of opening a soda bottle,made a bug report post

RIP in Kill Excalibur. Just hope the Trinity and MAG LoS don't come back as well...

Edited by NyxCrab

Wait what ? Troll harder DE !

Conclave Changes

Changes

Fixes

Also Chroma textures are bugged to low res for whatever reason.

So this is the end result of their Excalibur adjustments?

I have; 

1)Unreliable crowd control. 
2)Low-damage ultimate that doesn't even hit everyone anymore, do relevant damage, or even provide decent crowd control. 
3)Slash-Dash is still irrelevant, inferior, and borderline suicidal. 
4)Oh, and I can do a little bunny-hop while invisible. In a game where people can fly around the map at super-sonic speeds with their melee weapon. 

Any other brilliant ideas you'd like to implement while "fixing" Excalibur? Or should I just sell my Excalibur Prime now? I wouldn't want to miss out on the rest of the hijinx you have under the guise of "improving" something, but I can't justify having a slot wasting away on something so incredibly useless in every possible category. Since you've nerfed, roughly, everything about him. 

I'm sick of this. 

Every weapon should have its uses. As go-to weapon it's already useless bc of ammo capacity and high self-kill probability (teammate backs...). It's was somewhat good for stealth missions (if there's no nullifiers to throw your rockets back to your face) and static farm missions (DE constantly nerfing with afk timers, new enemies, reward dilution, etc).

If you nerf something somehow it's not only should be logical and realistic but also caused by OPness or compensated somehow. What we got in return? Worse looks?

Im not talking about nerf im talking should rocket launcher be silent? ppls since the release of ogris complain about this coz rocket launcher "Explosion should not be silent" for example 4 grineer are in the room 3 are clustered while 1 sits at bck watching them do there thing and a Tenno suddenly shows up with an ogris kill the three they hear the explosion and that one guy didnt even @(*()$ care about that see the logic their.

1. You removed Heat Dagger from PvP (with no warning?).  I no longer have any viable melee weapons.  Also where's there a list of what is allowed?

2. Amazing update overall.  I liked old PvP but new PvP is even better.  Raids finally provide some PvE challenge.

3. Good job on Javelin nerf, much needed in spite of immense QQ heading your way.  Needs rename obviously and Excalibur now needs a large buff. Jump is kinda useless too so remake it.

4. i was able to reconnect after a disconnect for the first time ever (in a raid).

5. You've nerfed Synoid but not Boltor Prime.  Please do Boltor Prime next.  10% dmg reduction should be sufficient.

What we got in return? Worse looks?

I actually like the look of the new Ogris, better than the glorified cereal box with a hole in the front,  this actually looks grineer-y.

And as for the "Year of Progress" DE?  Me thinks you misspelled a word.  'Regress'  That's the word you're looking for my friends.

Edited by TheMagicalSharpie

5. You've nerfed Synoid but not Boltor Prime.  Please do Boltor Prime next.  10% dmg reduction should be sufficient.

Synoid was nerfed because it was a Secondary, Secondary weapons should never out-DPS almost all Primary weapons.

So this is the end result of their Excalibur adjustments?

I have; 

1)Unreliable crowd control. 

2)Low-damage ultimate that doesn't even hit everyone anymore, do relevant damage, or even provide decent crowd control. 

3)Slash-Dash is still irrelevant, inferior, and borderline suicidal. 

4)Oh, and I can do a little bunny-hop while invisible. In a game where people can fly around the map at super-sonic speeds with their melee weapon. 

Any other brilliant ideas you'd like to implement while "fixing" Excalibur? Or should I just sell my Excalibur Prime now? I wouldn't want to miss out on the rest of the hijinx you have under the guise of "improving" something, but I can't justify having a slot wasting away on something so incredibly useless in every possible category. Since you've nerfed, roughly, everything about him. 

I'm sick of this. 

I agree. I am sick of this and all of their...stuff...

I actually like the look of the new Ogris, better than the glorified cereal box with a hole in the front,  this actually looks grineer-y.

And as for the "Year of Progress" DE?  Me thinks you misspelled a word.  'Regress'  That's the word you're looking for my friends.

Yes, "regress" was the word they meant to say...

Coming back to this game after some time, I found excalibur to be buffed, and ppl playing draco all day long. standing in one place, spamming one key and gaining lightning speed mastery ranks. That, my fellow tenno, gives birth to high ranked noobs. now u will actually have to move and use some skill when playing excalibur-try combining radial javelin with super jump for a line of sight? u might even like it. or u want a frame that kills the whole map on a press of a button? where's the fun in that? 

Thank you for fix!

But yeah, excalibur got wrecked, I may agree with this change, because of all the rep farm BS, but in change he would need something else to balance out this LOS change. I do think leave the Radial Javelin with LoS, and change the Radial Blind back to how it used to be (blinding in radius even trough walls:) ), at least then excalibur will still be very awesome, but he won't be used for Draco farming ...

Still not pleased with all the stealth nerfs and changes.

Edited by gvidzix