Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.0.2

[DE]Megan

now u will actually have to move and use some skill when playing excalibur-try combining radial javelin with super jump for a line of sight? u might even like it. or u want a frame that kills the whole map on a press of a button? where's the fun in that?

Except for the fact that Super jump and Radial Javalin are inherently opposite abilities.  A javalin build doesn't give squat for height for super jump.  And since it's weak enough already taking power strength and efficiency mods off basically kills the skill.  What's the fun of having super powers in a space ninja power fantasy game?  I don't know, you tell me when all of those powers have little to no use and you're using your X-forma spud gun to kill things?

Edited by TheMagicalSharpie

Changes

• The Manic Grineer is no longer affected by Bladestorm.

Could you please clarify this statement?  Why would a skill on a specific Warframe not affect dmg output on a given enemy type that all other dmg types from other Warframes do?  I'm a bit confused on this change.  ????

Thank you for fix!

But yeah, excalibur got wrecked, I may agree with this change,

because of all the rep farm BS, but in change he would need something else to balance out this LOS change.

Still not pleased with all the stealth nerfs and changes.

I think excal should be quite usefull with range+duration build, for radial blind. cheap and fast to cast, with a little imagination can even replace frost in void def missions.

The thing with the nerf is that some tile sets are really difficult to get LoS and the only way to be able to effectively clear enemies will be to stand on high ground which will basically mean your death (RIP).

With the change now I think it pretty much makes him useless to me, radial blind needs LoS too, slash dash is alright but not enough range, and super jump does nothing.....

Also radial javelin sometimes doesn't properly hit MOAs, it just goes right through them.

Edit: If this is a PvP reason then why don't you make it so that players have a chance to avoid it, roll to dodge for example, and players that don't react get hit.

Edited by hotbeast

I'm just here to say that nerfing Excalibur still will not prevent people from rep farming. We'll just use Saryn, if she's affected then we'll move on to Ash. Continue DE, please.

For what reason does one even rep farm anymore?

Can't help but think that DE calling this the "year of quality" was a HUGE lie.  Not only did it take much much longer for U16 to arrive than past updates, but it had no where near enough content to justify that wait.  It is missing much of the content that was expected to be part of it.  Not only that but the attempt to "balance" the game is just resulting in excessive nerfs.  They told us they wanted to reduce the grind, but they made it harder to farm cores, and now they reduce the credits from various missions.  DE really seems to be phoning it in lately, not sure whats up with them, I used to feel that I could trust them to do a good job, but I can't bring myself to think that anymore. 

Raids should have been put off to U17, they are obviously not ready yet.  Focus and the new enemies, boss revisions and new tile set should have all been part of U16.  Not to mention the continued lack of archwing mission types and content.  

Year of quality needs to be taken seriously.  It really feels like DE isn't putting as much effort into development as they used to. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Except for the fact that Super jump and Radial Javalin are inherently opposite abilities.  A javalin build doesn't give squat for height for super jump.  And since it's weak enough already taking power strength and efficiency mods off basically kills the skill.  What's the fun of having super powers in a space ninja power fantasy game?  I don't know, you tell me when all of those powers have little to no use and you're using your X-forma spud gun to kill things?

at least my x-forma gun requires some aim. and if u want to stand in one place and kill the whole map, I'm sure u will find another frame for that. have fun raping that #4.

I think excal should be quite usefull with range+duration build, for radial blind. cheap and fast to cast, with a little imagination can even replace frost in void def missions.

Mirage can do the same thing better. Nullifiers make Frost/Limbo/Zephyr a must at void def. Excal is close to garbage now.

1. I don't know if it is intended or not but after U16 excalibur sometimes doesn't even hit the enemy on my screen anymore. And I mean the enemy is literally in front of me in my Line of Sight...

2. No offense but did you think that noone will notice that Excalibur has LOS again because everyone is excited about the new content. (Well, from what I see, no one said anything about excalibur having LOS for the next few hours and talked only about synoid gammcor nerf...And I was thinking that I was the only one being "bugged" ...)

3. I will probably reconsider buying the prototype skin for Excalibur, seeing that I may rarely used Excalibur anymore and 150 platinum is quite a lot for someone like me who don't buy platinum.

4. I think it is enough that you have already nerfed rep into half and yet still do this also.

P.S. This is just from my experience from using Excalibur yesterday after U16

Edited by WhiteAsura

I guess on the brightside it means I don't have to get plat for another warframe slot for chroma. I have a reason for deleting my Excal now. This nerf will also probably affect the sales of the Proto Excal skins negatively cause what's the point of buying the skin if the frame itself is literally crap now. Just something to think about.

Edited by NyxCrab

Mirage can do the same thing better. Nullifiers make Frost/Limbo/Zephyr a must at void def. Excal is close to garbage now.

mirage takes too long to cast, even with natural talent. my point being excal can still be usefull. and I think not many of us brought excal to T3-4 def anyway, even without the nerf  :) I was talking about T1-2 exp farms, where excal can still be used rather well. 

Controller users still arent able to hack grineer consoles anymore

I am, I had made a topic on how to do this, basically get a mapping tool, to map your keyboard buttons to your controller.

Go check out the topic from my profile if you need more help.