Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.0.2

[DE]Megan

Thank you so much with those immediate PVP changes; and that excalibur nerf, was need it, was a shame to always see people spamming and spamming and sitting just there...what the new generation of warframe players brought upon us :/

"what the new generation of warframe players brought upon us :/"

hahah

hahahahahah

Yeah. It's the new players' fault.

/s

Edited by OutrightMakoto

I have two words for what is happening here... are you ready?... no?... here it goes: PERFECT WORLD. Since they signed that contract, they doomed their own game. The first symptom was the random Void Key Pack, very very akin to these "chest" things PW likes to do.

I hate  PERFECT WORLD more than Nexon & UBI 

Everyone that's ever played more end game content knows how useless Excal's RJ can be. It's just an ultimate stun machine and nothing else. So what if it makes early levels easy? EVERYTHING MAKES LOW LEVELS EASY. Now all you've gone and done is made him worthless for high levels (as if we wasn't already with an arsenal we could choose from instead) and worthless for low levels. LoS only makes sense on frames with abilities like Mesa. Space magic shouldn't be hindered by a few people figuring out how to cheese the game.

You want to farm rep? Go run a T1 Def for 30-40 waves with mildly powerful frames and you've got a days work done in the same amount of time. Nerfing one popular frame doesn't change anything, you just annoy the majority of your player-base.

Thanks DE, I was starting to think I should forma my Excal, but now I don't have to. RIP Excal.

"As such, Radial Javelin as it currently stands is functioning as it was always intended to"

If it was always supposed to function this way why was the LoS restriction removed after it was initially added with the Viver nerfs? It doesn't add up. Even if it WAS always intended to be LoS, that doesn't make the change any less terrible.

i don't know if anyone has commented yet or not but earlier when i was playing i noticed the following things. 1. the bubble for mag wasn't going up when i have shield transference on her. and 2. no energy thing for chroma's vex armor so i don't know if its even working or not.

No idea what Megan was thinking saying this about Radial Javelin. There is actual video proof (dev-stream) where I believe it's Scott that says that after the rework LoS was most definitely no longer intended since the Javelins started spawning around the targets instead of from Excal's sword specifically for that reason. Surely this is a miscommunication within DE? because if they really think we are this stupid I'm quite insulted.

I guess Viver never happened either huh? Right on

It's really gotten quite hilarious how Excal is being handled. Seriously making Excal interesting to play with is not hard that hard! someone please let whoever is deciding this idiocy know this.

A good start would be giving Excal an augment to restore the Radial Blind to its pre-nerf status. Call it Piercing blind or something.

I find it interesting that if i read patch notes i wouldn't know that the khom is now:

hitscan.

has damage falloff. 

uses ammo faster.

removed punchthrough.

stealth nerfs are not okay. 

Please explain this to us other than just "optimization."

Had I not read another post about this i wouldn't have known. Please increase documentation.

Being that shotgun balance has been on the table for awhile now this feels like a low blow. 

Edited by milesthefox

Excal and Draco isn't about spamming 4. 

Yes it is.

It's about DE putting up a zillion grind walls. Its their game. They created it.

And yet you're complaining that they're making it how they and the vast majority of the players want it.

WHY!?!?!?!

Because it was overpowered (as in it killed everything in one shot) and there was literally no reason to use anything else.

Hopefully they also hit Rhino's pvp Iron Skin with the nerf bat a bit because there isn't much reason to run anyone other than him either.

I am rather disappointed with all the stealth nerfs going on lately. And I am wondering if Digital Extremes has already forgotten Viver.

Edited by MGlBlaze

Wait so what was reason behind the Excal nerf

I mean the real reason not that last minute BS excuse the DE gave

If he was always meant to have LoS then why revoke it after viver better yet why

put it in the game without LoS in the first place....

Actually I just thought of something could it be that they did this to divert our attention away from this lackluster update

I mean come on think about it:

broken pvp

unessesary (probably spelled that wrong) weapon nerfs

super grind frame (Croma)

clearly unfinished raid mode 

And overall just lack of content considering the hype leading up to this update

(looking at you underwater tile set)

Because it was overpowered (as in it killed everything in one shot) and there was literally no reason to use anything else.

Hopefully they also hit Rhino's pvp Iron Skin with the nerf bat a bit because there isn't much reason to run anyone other than him either.

I am rather disappointed with all the stealth nerfs going on lately. And I am wondering if Digital Extremes has already forgotten Viver.

*sigh* Again, it is a skillful weapon, that is why it one shots. It has travel time and needs to be charged.

Mods: This isn't feedback about the nerf itself, and if it doesn't belong under Warframe and Ability feedback, please do not merge it into the nerf megathread and instead move it to general feedback. Thank you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread is me pointing out internal contradictions at DE, and wondering if we could get a bit of transparency. Steve said one thing, Megan says another.

I really don't like how these nerfs were played off. Did they think we would forget Viver, and Steve's post that quickly?

PSA: Excalibur Radial Javelin

We understand there is some confusion regarding Radial Javelin’s recent adjustment.  Our original version of the power had built in Line of Sight, and was never intended to push through terrain.  As such, Radial Javelin as it currently stands is functioning as it was always intended to.  We apologize for the confusion this has caused and will do better to communicate these refinements in the future.

It was meant to be that way all along. Really? Did you forget that it was overhauled so that it didn't suck by radiating from him and was practically a whole new ability and -now- we are being told this...excuse with no explanation as to the rationale? Steve had to make that post for Viver-gate because of "half baked changes" that were poorly communicated.

What just happened now is insulting because you just pushed out those changes -again- without communicating us. And it seems like you did this and tried to sneak it into the update so it wasn't done in the midst of a PR nightmare like Viver. I can only think the worst when all we get is a brief PSA during a hotfix without even as much as why you saw fit to revert it to its "original" mechanics now.

Some transparency would be appreciated.

My thoughts on the matter - The change to this ability makes sense for PVP. Please revert it to pre-u16 for PVE. Otherwise, just...rework Excalibur completely. This change makes him pretty worthless as other frames do his job infinitely better in every area he dabbles in.

How about the terrain that Excal is in change.  So when he ventures into our playing field terrain we won't have to deal with this :^)

Why does Excal have LOS in any terrain to begin with?  Unless you have attentions to put LOS back into play sometime soon.  No>

things that became useless:

Excal, goodnight my sweet prince. At least, for a while

(kinda not really) Synoid gammacore, guess my marelok gets more love now

Kohm, thanks for making a unique weapon boring and not very usefull

Amprex has apparently half the crit. Why. I see absolutely no reason to do this.

Any form of credit farm, I dont really have much to say.

and more to be discovered BECAUSE YOU DIDNT TELL US @(*()$ ANYTHING

2 days ago I was prepared with 140$ in hand to buy prime access the instant it dropped. This kind of thing makes me afraid. What if I spent nearly 900 hours in this game to have it end with the developer not communicating, and worse not listening anymore. I always talked DE up because I thought that they were truly a player driven dev house. Now I dont even know. 

Edited by mlp_midnaspet

Lol are we experiencing a memory loss? Or is it DE? Cal was buffed back to no LoS after Vivergate, and other "adjustments" have been made to let him remain so. And now DE suddenly forgets all that and just out of the blue thinks "Hey, didn't we decide to add LoS to RJ? Oh, yeah, must have forgotten about that. Let's do it!"

Really DE? I could say I don't care, I don't play Cal, and I don't farm Draco, or any other "stand in place, press 1 button" missions, but this is an epitome of your MO in recent months: nerf things because of your perceived fear of power creep, nerf everything that eases the grind, make those changes unannounced, don't tell players, don't ask their opinion, don't discuss it with them, because "this is your game, you do what you want with it", and you can always just admit to it in redtext, putting a ":P" at the end, as in "we're not even sorry".

Seriously, I don't think I've seen a more unhealthy attitude from developers of a game I actively play ever.

things that became useless:

Excal, goodnight my sweet prince. At least, for a while

(kinda not really) Synoid gammacore, guess my marelok gets more love now

Kohm, thanks for making a unique weapon boring and not very usefull

Amprex has apparently half the crit. Why. I see absolutely no reason to do this.

Any form of credit farm, I dont really have much to say.

and more to be discovered BECAUSE YOU DIDNT TELL US @(*()$ ANYTHING

2 days ago I was prepared with 140$ in hand to buy prime access the instant it dropped. This kind of thing makes me afraid. What if I spent nearly 900 hours in this game to have it end with the developer not communicating, and worse not listening anymore. I always talked DE up because I thought that they were truly a player driven dev house. Now I dont even know. 

This game.