Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Power Mods And You...

psyanide

OK, so I figured it would get buried and never looked at by anyone that might be able to give me an answer (as it still might be despite my efforts :D  )

Initially posted in 'Rare mods are too rare' :

I might make a separate thread for this, but I would like a little feedback on as to why I get Saryn and Nyx power mods dropped for me more than ANYTHING else. Like honestly, I do not own either Frame, why has Venom and Mind Control dropped for me literally more than 40 times (I counted, not exaggerating, even though I REALLY wish I was at this point...) in less than 2 weeks. Even if I did own them, I am given a full set WITH the Frame when I buy it. What is the purpose of them constantly dropping? 

I would say the same for all WarFrame Power Mods dropping, since I have a number of others (f@cking SLASH DASH!!!) that I can either sell for a grand total of 200 credits or fuse into another mod (which they absolutely SUCK for). 

So anyway, yes - why do WarFrame power mods drop at all?  Are there people out there that are constantly selling off their default power set (if so then f8cking durrrrrrrrrrrrr, pls STAHP!)? 

I could very well be missing something here, and if so then please correct me. But otherwise, DE, I would suggest that WarFrame Power mods are made unable to be sold at all (no chance of losing one by accident etc.) and that they be taken out of the drop rotation and replaced with Fusion Cores (preferably ones that are not only Common 3 and 5, as someone stated earlier, because that's seems to be an issue for me, too) - Simply because they serve absolutely no function other than to annoy whoever picks them up.

All skills were rare before.  Therefore yes, people were accidentally selling them, but at the same time it required you to either get incredibly lucky with your rare drop and get a card to upgrade any of your warframe skills, or use cores etc on them which are equally rare.  On top of the pool of rare to uncommon to common was weighted towards something like almost 75 rares and the rest in common/uncommon.  Before they moved the skills around, basically all you got was sentinel mods.

They aren't useless.  You can still fuse them into things.  You can still sell them. So yes they do serve a function, just not as efficient as cores etc.  Hell I took a Barrel Diffusion from 100% to 120% just from extra skill mods... Sure it cost a lot, but it cleaned up my mod inventory and got me a max rank Barrel Diffusion!

Haha, maybe I'm just bitter about still not having anything resembling multishot yet and I keep blaming WF Powers for diluting the pool. Still, I see no point to them apart from making you smile like a moron when even a borderline-useful mod drops (Crit Chance). I would have thought low level Fusion Cores would serve just fine as the game's trash drops, since you can only fuse or sell them, just like the extra WF Power cards. As it stands, all the extras just make my mod page hard to navigate, since for some reason they also refuse to sort properly- no matter what hierarchy criteria you click on at the bottom, the WF Powers just sit wherever they damn well please. 

It could just be a personal gripe, but I truly hate seeing Venom pop up when I run over a drop and someone else in my group yells "AWESOME I FINALLY GOT CRYO ROUNDS!!!". Then I grit my teeth and my eye twitches involuntarily when the next guy yells "BARREL DIFFUSION!!!" while I get Iron Skin. Those two things actually happened within 3-5 minutes of each other in a single round. The RNG is this game really, REALLY does not like me, it would seem, as no one in my usual group plays even half as much WF as I do, yet they all have better mods... Not MORE mods, by any means, just better ones.

So anyway, yes - why do WarFrame power mods drop at all?  Are there people out there that are constantly selling off their default power set (if so then f8cking durrrrrrrrrrrrr, pls STAHP!)? 

Y'know... I'd much rather have skills be unlocked and leveled with the frame itself, but whatever, addressing your point - Life would be easier if the skill mods couldn't be sold at all... no? Then no need to drop 'em, and fusion cores would gain value (since they're the only ways to rank up skill mods)... Agree?