Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De's Word And Its Lack Of Integrity: Another Viewpoint From Another Long-Time Player

Xikiri

I rarely post here, but man I gotta sign in to support this incredibly on point post.

I truly hope out of all the backlash circling about right now, someone from DE sees this one and really considers what they're doing right now. It seems like the majority of their "fixes" are based mostly on DE clenching their fists and getting red in the face over the fact that players adapt and find unique ways using the tools they're given to advance more rapidly than they would like.

How have they in any way at all decreased the grind? It's worse than ever now, what with void and dark sector credit rewards being cut in half.

Also let's not forget enchantments,almost unnoticeable buffs that have a ridiculously low chance to occur, you can add all this for the low low cost of 500,000 credits.

And let's not forget the fact that you can apply these a maximum of ten times to an item which will make it 4 times as powerful as the base version (still incredibly underwhelming) and what does maxing an enchantment cost? Nothing less than FIVE MILLION credits.

For some reason DE loves to say they want to cut down on the grind when in EVERY SINGLE UPDATE they add exponentially more grind, it's completely absurd and I'm starting to get &!$$ed at them.

Okay. So. Let's go back to the days where we all ran boss missions without a Desecrate Nekros and without a Void and without Dark Sectors so in order to do anything we need to run missions that give MAYBE 5k per run plus however many credits drop from enemies and the like, while not knowing where the Mods we want will drop and from what enemies while only using Thief's Wit to locate as many boxes as possible for credit farming and bosses for mod farming. Better?

Oh, and lets take out resource alerts, mod alerts, Invasions, The Market's component section and take away rare crates and Survival and only have Defense's enemy level skyrocketed to the point where only your AP Boltor could do any damage at any point past wave 30.

there's been such an increase in grind and generally annoy players into spending plat since PWE got involved.

Not PWE. You people are brain dead. Perfect World. PWE is the North American Branch of Perfect World. Perfect World is CHinese. PWE ruins games, Perfect World imports games to China. They have a deal with PW, no PWE

edit for clarity

Edited by theammostore

Not PWE. You people are brain dead. Perfect World. PWE is an american company. Perfect World is CHinese. PWE ruins games, Perfect World imports games to China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World_%28company%29#Perfect_World_Entertainment

Maybe be a little less quick to call others brain dead next time, the distinction between the two is rather fine (actually they're the same company, PWE is just their north american publishing branch). However, I don't think they are having an effect on Warframe (probably).

I feel like this one's all DE, and no one else (vivergate all over).

Edited by Snowman486

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World_%28company%29#Perfect_World_Entertainment

Maybe be a little less quick to call others brain dead next time, the distinction between the two is rather fine (actually they're the same company, PWE is just their north american publishing branch). However, I don't think they are having an effect on Warframe (probably).

I feel like this one's all DE, and no one else (vivergate all over).

I was missing the line. And i will, thanks

And how can they do that? Something simple and quick, off the top of your head.

Put a cap on affinity gain per round of interception? Admittedly it'd still nerf the farming, but at least Excalibur would be safe (no frames need be harmed to solve this).

They could also add in a special enemy type to interception missions only, which is immune to AOE ability damage (any nerf/buff should be as narrowly defined as possible, rather than some big sweeping buff that effects an entire frame in all aspects of gameplay).

Edited by Snowman486

Put a cap on affinity gain per round of interception? Admittedly it'd still nerf the farming, but at least Excalibur would be safe (no frames need be harmed to solve this).

Alright. Let DE know of this opportunity. Revert Excal, apply this. But then here's a question: How much should the cap be? 25k? 5k? (I want to get some creative thinking going from all this fighting. Not just anger. Differing solutions to what DE has thought up)

Do you think standing still in 1 spot and spamming the button 4 on your keyboard for 10 minutes is intended by the developers? If you answered that question yes, then ignore the rest of my post.

BullS#&$ topic.

Tell me, how exactly was excalibur nerfed? Take example of a normal mission and not the $&*&*#(%& rep farming everyone loves.

Oh right, he wasnt, its just that you have to aim now *gasp*.

And let me tell you this, they can put LOS on every single 4 in the game I wont give a rats &#! about it, because I didnt get used to a stupid &#! playstyle of standing in 1 spot spamming 4. Because right now, pressing more than 1 button constitutes as a nerf to you.

Do you think standing still in 1 spot and spamming the button 4 on your keyboard for 10 minutes is intended by the developers? If you answered that question yes, then ignore the rest of my post.

BullS#&$ topic.

Tell me, how exactly was excalibur nerfed? Take example of a normal mission and not the $&*&*#(%& rep farming everyone loves.

Oh right, he wasnt, its just that you have to aim now *gasp*.

And let me tell you this, they can put LOS on every single 4 in the game I wont give a rats ! about it, because I didnt get used to a stupid ! playstyle of standing in 1 spot spamming 4. Because right now, pressing more than 1 button constitutes as a nerf to you.

Hmmm, I use him in defense tower 1 and 2. Not anymore

The community brought this nerf on ourselves by rep/affinity farming. DE outright told us that this isn't how they want the game to be played after Vivergate. Maybe they have been a little underhanded about not telling us, but i can't imagine that they're happy at us for continuing to farm in a way that means a macro could do it.

We all may be unhappy at DE because of things they blatantly haven't told us, but do you really think they're happy with the community? People complain about absolutely everything on the forums, E-gate, continued Draco farming etc. Do you really think these are things that motivate DE to do things to help us?

When the community as a whole suggest more ways to improve the grind rather than finding ways of exploiting broken mechanics then i hope we'll get a better reaction from DE.

Do you think standing still in 1 spot and spamming the button 4 on your keyboard for 10 minutes is intended by the developers?

yes. because this is how they designed their game. because you know... 75% power efficiency, energy restores, powers that allows to stand on one spot and do nothing. like Mesa's 4.

and the way how they fix these 'flaws' in their game, looks more like a punishment than a deliverance.

When the community as a whole suggest more ways to improve the grind rather than finding ways of exploiting broken mechanics then i hope we'll get a better reaction from DE.

*Ordis voice*Haha. There were countless threads on how to ease the grind. And now the broken mechanics DE themselves created are the excuse to make something like this U16 brought us? Also, community will NEVER be a whole. We are not a hivemind, we are different people with different opinions.

Better reward for normal mission like: 

- More credits

- exclusive items (like specter exclusive to rescue)

How many more credits? What is it based on? Us vets who needs millions of credits? And what items? How would you introduce it? Think these through, suggest these ideas to DE, give them alternatives rather than just complain (not that you are, just in general for the community)

*Ordis voice*Haha. There were countless threads on how to ease the grind. And now the broken mechanics DE themselves created are the excuse to make something like this U16 brought us? Also, community will NEVER be a whole. We are not a hivemind, we are different people with different opinions.

You mean barely fleshed out ideas with clear construction? Yes, there were soooo many of those

How many more credits? What is it based on? Us vets who needs millions of credits? And what items? How would you introduce it? Think these through, suggest these ideas to DE, give them alternatives rather than just complain (not that you are, just in general for the community)

The reason we run Void is because of credits. So by increasing the amount of Credit according to diffuculty, vet actually can gain enough credit for expenses like Upgrading rank 10 core or Arcane Enhancment. I'd say 10k a run on Ceres or near that.

And the Electric, Slash, Puncture event mod hasn't been re-released.

And doing some would rewards you with gear (the fire-work thing) and so on.

Edited by tinyranitar