Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Semi Auto Weapons Are Hard Capped At 10 Rounds Per Second (Post U16)

Pythadragon

Note:

You can achieve maximum fire rate on any conventional (non charge) weapon by binding 'fire weapon' to mouse wheel up and down and spinning it.

Testing setup:
- My computer is an i5-3570k with 8 gigs ram and a gtx 660. I have no trouble running this game at 100+ fps on high settings.
- All tested scenarios were done with me starting a mission in 'Solo' mode to remove host/client lag issues
- I recorded gameplay footage using Nvidia Shadowplay, which causes almost no performance hit on my system
- I used Windows MovieMaker to quickly check timings at ~100 millisecond (0.1 seconds) accuracy for the start and stop of shooting full magazines on each tested weapon.

Testing + results:

I tested two scenarios with Telos Akbolto: unmodded (10.0) and with 3 firerate mods (32.2). I used a Furis as a control because it is an automatic pistol with an identical unmodded firerate (10.0).

I recorded video of shooting these weapons at maximum firerate and the unmodded Furis. There is absolutely no difference any of the three scenarios. Each of the 3 cases shoot at ~10 rounds per second. Modding the Furis for a higher firerate did yield an increase.

For good measure, I also tested Akmagnus with 3 firerate mods (26.8). It also yields 10 rounds per second.

Conclusion:

The arsenal screen now misleads you to believe that you're actually gaining something by putting firerate mods on fast semi automatic secondaries. Prior to update 16, I was able to achieve a much higher firerate than 10 rounds per second on these weapons, but did not record data to analyze it.

I am unsure if this is intentional or a bug. Either way, this screws up all high rate of fire secondaries. 

For example, a Telos Akbolto build that uses no firerate mods except Lethal Torrent now loses the +60% burst dps provided by the mod. Lethal Torrent has zero effect on firerate on this weapon.

Can anyone collaborate my findings? It's a pretty simple test and this significantly changes the balance of many weapons.

Otherwise, please feel free to discuss.
Edited by Pythadragon

This was supposed to be so that you couldn't Macro the fire button. I don't think you are doing the best solutions as of now, DE.

Why though? Some members of DE have mentioned that using Macros for firing was allowed. "Things to aid you, but not things to play the game for you" or something along those lines. Mostly that you couldn't ability macro, walk macro, or any of that. But yeah?

Hopefully this'll be fixed/reverted anyways, might as well just cap it's stats at 10 in arsenal if it's gonna be like that. 

AKBOLTO 42cp

1/ Times to perfom the test insec : 5,22 / 5,44 / 4,96 / 5,70 / 5,35 / 4,93 / 5,41 / 4,72 / 5,82 / 5,54

2/ Same test to determine time to launch and stop the chrono : 0,49 sec on 10 tests run

3/ The run the difference and estimate my speed

AVERAGE SPEED : 8,7 cp / sec

TOP SPEED : 10,0 cp / sec (strange is it ? XD)

So Pythadragon, you seems to be right about this...

Another stealth nerf, fantastic.

I doubt it's stealth in this case. They are not making patch notes as they make changes in the build. DE is just as likely to not mention a positive fix as a nerf. 

Would be nice if DE re-balanced the damage per hit of the weapons to compensate for the fact they can no longer even hit their Ui numbers. Or simpler remove the Ui from being able to display more than 10 fire-rate.

Edited by LazyKnight

I doubt it's stealth in this case. They are not making patch notes as they make changes in the build. DE is just as likely to not mention a positive fix as a nerf. 

Would be nice if DE re-balanced the damage per hit of the weapons to compensate for the fact they can no longer even hit their Ui numbers. Or simpler remove the Ui from being able to display more than 10 fire-rate.

Totally understand the hit, you PC players are taking.

On PS4 Console, due to controllers we were already fire-rate capped with Semi-autos.

As for DE adjusting damage because weapons cannot perform to the UI listed figures:

The AkBronco Prime have been in that predicament, for a long time.

6 Round Clip, 2.3 second reload, but 8.3 fire-rate.

-My math does not allow for a stock AkBronco Prime to fire 7 or more rounds a second, not with a 6-round clip and 2.3second reload... (Granted a magazine mod would be more realistic for improving fire-rate than an actual fire-rate mod in this case)

Yup can confirm, the fire rate is slower, a lot.

This was my firerate test before the nerf couple of months ago, now barely goes 5-8 bullets per second with the same setup:

Edited by Ognj

Ahem, let me play the balance troll now.

Well, no normal human being can muster to click a mouse 10 per second and this was  done to obviously nerf the illegal macros.

This was done of course, to bring greater balance and FUN for everyone!

Other than my joke,

I wonder if  even more stealth nerfs come out.

This is even noticable without a macro.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

Ahem, let me play the balance troll now.

Well, no normal human being can muster to click a mouse 10 per second and this was  done to obviously nerf the illegal macros.

This was done of course, to bring greater balance and FUN for everyone!

Other than my joke,

I wonder if  even more stealth nerfs come out.

This is even noticable without a macro.

If it's 'illegal' when they deliberately made the attack speed so hard to reach, why make it that high? Reduce the fire rate and add more damage. Solve a problem with a solution, not with a problem. That's why I don't get the stealth nerf. It's bad in all aspects.

Edited by matrixEXO

If it's 'illegal' when they deliberately made the attack speed so hard to reach, why make it that high? Reduce the fire rate and add more damage. Solve a problem with a solution, not with a problem. That's why I don't get the stealth nerf. It's bad in all aspects.

The funny part is, it still doesnt do away macros. I mean, You can still use them, to make those things fully automatic.

In general, this was nothing more than a pure nerf.

The least they could have done was to buff raw damage of all semi-autos that had the potential to reach over 10 RoF in order to provide an experience similar to macro usage.  Otherwise, quite the crapton of weapons have been stealth nerfed with this change.

Edited by Sonitorum

The hard-capped fire rate for semi-auto weapons makes a lot of sense.

Because they're supposed to be semi-auto, meaning you have to pull the trigger for it to fire.  It's the biggest victory against fire rate macros so far.

Be better if they made the trigger duplex for akimbo pistols, though, and give them double the hard-capped fire rate of single pistols.

But I still want the option to forma the trigger type of all weapons, to turn semi into auto and auto into semi, if you desire.

Edited by Holeypaladin

The hard-capped fire rate for semi-auto weapons makes a lot of sense.

Because they're supposed to be semi-auto, meaning you have to pull the trigger for it to fire.  It's the biggest victory against fire rate macros so far.

It doesn't make sense. I use a controller, so I literally pull a trigger to fire my guns. 10 per second is too slow for me to get the most enjoyment out of my Akbolto - I could empty a clip in about a second and a half. It greatly enhanced the feel of firing the Akbolto, which is the main reason it's my favourite weapon.