Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Separate Motion Blur And Dof

I've played without DOF and motion blur since the beginning, but a few minutes ago I happened to turn it on during a Lillith defence mission, and by gum does that depth of feild look gorgeous! 

But I, and many others, don't like the motion blur. In fact it made me nauseous after a few minutes with it on.

So - simple request, no reason it couldn't be in the next patch I should think.

Can we have seperate options for DOF and motion blur.

Missing out on this beautiful tilt-shift DOF you guys have created is a crying shame. 

Signed!

Love the DoF but dislike the Motion Blur.

I also really really don't like the Distance Fog that enabling DoF causes also. Corpus levels look like it's in the middle of a snowstorm there is SO much fog. Would love to disable that also..!

I like both things, but I support ridiculous amounts of post-processing modification as a general rule. Something like SweetFX built into the game would make me happy, especially if it included all of those beautiful bells and whistles that SweetFX can't have.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this because it really is a tiny little fix, and I'd love to see it in U8. Everytime I run a snow mission my heart weeps at the missed opportunity if only I could have DOF without motion blur! D: 

cryface.jpg

People have been begging for this for awhile, myself included. Only I'd rather have separate settings for DOF, Distortion effects, and Motion Blur. As distortion effects and DOF are great but somewhat taxing on lower end hardware, and i hate motion blur. Separating these options will allow player greater performance customization as well as the ability to turn off visual effects that they just plain don't like (motion blur).

But yeah, signed as well. =)

I thought I read somewhere that the motion blur IS the DoF effect. Depending on how they implemented it, separating the two will take a lot more work than just adding a button and toggling two effects separately.

I'd still love to see it, though. Even adding a DoF-only option with no MB-only option would be great - that's what most people, myself included, seem to want out of this anyway.

I thought I read somewhere that the motion blur IS the DoF effect. Depending on how they implemented it, separating the two will take a lot more work than just adding a button and toggling two effects separately.

I'd still love to see it, though. Even adding a DoF-only option with no MB-only option would be great - that's what most people, myself included, seem to want out of this anyway.

some people (not me) like motion blur, but generally speaking what most people want is the ability to enable these options separately. The amount of work required to do this depends on how the engine is written- and with it being closed source we can only speculate. Even so- this is a common request/complaint and hopefully DE will eventually implement it.

DOF and motionblur are two entirley different effects. Traditionally they are rendered in completley seperate ways.One layers a mask over surfaces depending on their distance from the observer, and the other places a filter over the observers perspective, which smooths and blurs any motion. Of course it is entirley possible that DE have found some new way of combining these effects, but one would sort of have to wonder why they'd even bother. The two things are completely different in the way they function, and for basic redundancy and troubleshooting effeciency, it makes the most senese to keep them as seperate processes. 

• 3 weeks later...

+1, but also separate distortion effects (I personally would never have DoF or Motion Blur on by choice in any game, but would like to turn on distortion).

We need separate distortion effects, as currently using Ash with the DoF and Motion Blur disabled leaves no visible character outline when using Smoke Screen, and it can be quite disorientating if you try any fancy moves while in that state.

Not to mention working out if you have been staggered by a roller when you cannot see your character!

• 1 month later...