Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee's Sound Quake

Despara

It does need a slight reduction of its range, to be on-par with others aoe ultimates. Otherwise it's not fair for other frames.

We don't want a "Xini-full-of-mags-and-frosts-spamming-4-and-killing-every-mob-in-the-room-before-they-even-got-out-of-spawn" phenomenon again like in update 6, it was sooooo bad for the game.  

For those who weren't playing at that time, Mag and Frost's ultimate could cover more than 50 meters (far more actually) with power range mods stacking.

It was fun for those playing mag and frost, not so much for other players in the squad :/

Strangely, the range on most aoe abilities was reduced to what we experience now, at the exact same moment Banshee was released.

Weird, it seems they kinda forgot to fix Sound Quake range in the process...

Or perhaps they didnt forget and Banshee was meant to have a range beyond other warframes AoE range? Ever think of that :)

Edited by DarthRevan84

It does need a slight reduction of its range, to be on-par with others aoe ultimates. Otherwise it's not fair for other frames.

*snip*

No it doesn't. It does need to be "on-par" with other ultimates, they are all different and serve in different scenarios. And besides to be "on-par" with those other ultimates you would need to increase the damage and make it ignore armor too. Then you would really hear people whining about it being OP.

Been playing Banshee exclusively for the last week or so. Sound Quake is incredibly powerful against weak enemies, easily perceived to be OP ... but tapers off significantly versus higher level/armored enemies. It's mostly used late-game for its damage immunity during its long channel duration to the point it becomes more of a tanking skill than a damage skill.

Edited by Qb3rt

OP just never played against high level factions.

Grineers above level 50 just laugh at Sound Quake, Ancients shrug it off as early as level 30. Against Corpus, Fusion MOAs will tank it from rank 65 and onward, forcing you to use Sonic Boom/Shade to avoid instant-facemelt.

Meanwhile, a correctly geared Volt will just obliterate Corpus regardless of level, with nearly the same range if you are fighting on a map with electronic scenery and Saryn&Excalibur just destroy the Infested while possessing vastly superior mobility/survival tools.

Banshee's perceived OPness happens only at low levels, where any frame will be completely OP if the player using it has Efficiency, Flow, Focus & Reach to spam power on spawns.

When I'm playing my Shee on Endless defense, my job is to crowd control stuff/get ride of trash mobs while Frames with actual Nukes deal damages.

Doing 40 damages per tick on Grineers/Ancients, yeah, it's so OP I stop using it in favor of Sonic Boom spam, because its knockback is actually useful when enemies deal 50+ damages per shot or swarm the pod.

Edited by GeistHeller

Funny thing is people are talking banshee sound quake OP on Kappa when she kills everything and they didnt get the exp -_-

I play banshee for leveling weapons and the exp i got was only 7-9k exp because all the exp was taken by the warframe . The others must get the same. You could use volt for maxing Focus and Reach and clear all enermies in 1 hit o Kappa. Its even faster than banshee .

Edit: I'm just adding more to what you said while being informative how good it is not aiming it at you Zokkoven. ^-^

it's far from over powered. the kills you get as banshee are aimed mostly at the frame, from personal exp, i get 50-60k per mission exp on the banshee and maybe 7-9k on weapons, but as a non banshee i get 25-30k exp to ALL equipped weapons and the frame being used, So long as i stay relativity near the banshee. The only thing "overpowered" about banshee is how good it is for the non banshee users in terms of exp gain. as i'm also using Kappa as my point of most use, everyone is also getting amazing drops in the form of mods and resources as well. I've personally got more rubedo then i have use for it as of now. that applys to most ultimate's. Banshee's is just better due to range and produces better exp cause of it's also added boost of harming enemies entering range.

Edit: so long as i have a damage AoE ultimate on, allies can defend the defense point and still get exp since I've found optimal spots.

How about everyone not ask for a "nerf" where it's not needed, when one hardly knows why a skill is used/ spammed in a particular low level area.

Edited by SonicDoragon

Mmmm, first off, I am not a developer or a person of any major importance within Digital Extremes. I am simply a person who is more intelligent and logical then any of the Banshee abusers that took notice of this thread's title, and choose to enter it to flame me about attacking the Warframe they use to exploit the game with. If I want to say something is OP I can do that, regardless of if me saying that makes you feel threatened that your over-powered and soon to be nerfed frame could be even closer to a nerf by me saying it.

Secondly, many of you Epsilons that try to argue that Sound Quake is not OP based on the fact it only kills lower level enemies are about as delusional as your counter-argument is. As terrify as it might be to you I'm going to completely shut your attempt at defending your exploit down. Mostly because this gives me great levels of pleasure in doing so. To easily accomplish this I would point out that most of the entire game features missions with lower level enemies. This includes: most alerts, most defense missions (since most people usually leave at either wave 5 or 10) and also missions on most planets in general. This means in something like eight missions out of ten will be effected by the ridiculousness that is Sound Quake (since the bulk of missions in the game feature lower leveled enemies). I would also go on to point out since Sound Quake is so OP against low level enemies that is clearly how the frame is exploited. This being a point many of the Epsilons already pointed out when describing Sound Quakes role in leveling. The weight my point has is that a lot of the game deals heavily with either grinding levels or farming for mods. These objectives beg to be achieved quickly with an exploit such as utilizing Sound Quake to easily kill through waves on a defense mission, quickly finishing an alert, or grinding mobile defense missions such as Kappa.

My point is that grinding or farming is a huge part of the game, and its already boring enough. Abusing an exploit like the current Sound Quake with Banshee, or having to play with someone that is abusing Sound Quake makes this grind or farm that much more boring. Killing enemies is what makes this aspect of the game fun, and if there is a frame that is killing the enemies as insanely as a Banshee abusing Sound Quake then that doesn't really leave other players using different frames much of an option to kill enemies and have fun to.

So clearly, in conclusion the current Sound Quake needs to be nerfed in some way to make it more of a choice rather then the ridiculously exploitable grind or farm speed standard it currently. This will allow other players using different warframes to kill enemies and enjoy playing the grinding or farming aspect of the game with more enjoyment and fairness.

I wonder how all those level 60+ enemies died then...

Obviously not from sound quake alone. Especially not sound quake without focus. (which I have yet to find even once for my banshee frame) After a certain point, as stated by several others in this thread (which is well before mob level 60) sound quake fails to wipe every mob in quake's aoe. As a matter of fact before I encountered mobs that were level 50 I can blow sound quake and not kill any of the mobs in my aoe. So maybe a rescaling issue because at the high end it's worthless in solo play. You have to run into the middle of a group of mobs to max out your kill to energy ratio, then when all the mobs are still alive you quickly get pounced when sound quake finishes. Right now in solo play I can't even use sound quake, there are no advantages to it what so ever and I usually just end up taking a lot of damage.

Maybe sound quake needs to be scaled? But the again, if you did that what would be the point of mods like focus and reach?

Then it's not balanced obviously.

Balance does not mean everything in all the frames should be the same. If all abilities have same range, damage, duration and radius, what then is the difference? Yes the frames should be approximately "balanced" no they should not be the same, there must be discernible difference besides the animations otherwise there's no point in playing anything but one frame. Edited by Carcharias

Sorry, all I read was "ARRRRGGGHHHH THE SEXY BANSHEES ARE STEALING ALL MY KILLS NERF THE GAME NOOOOW!"

Can you please give any reasons why you consider it op?

This would be a valid problem if Banshees were actually sexy.

Because those flip-flops are not becoming of a lady and pretty much balance out the frame on the whole.

As far as I know, all the aoe nukes in the game fail to one-shot mobs at some point: enemies do get increased resistance and health with level increment after all.

And as far as I know, most aoe nukes get mitigated in some way

- Overload is mitigated by Electric resistance (highly mitigated by anything else than Corpus)

- Crush is mitigated by armor (highly mitigated by anything else than light units, like Sound Quake)

- Avalanche is mitigated by Freeze resistance (highly mitigated by anything else than light units, like Sound Quake)

(Only Miasma has no mitigation, and is IMO just a tiny bit over the top too. It seems the range is quite shorter to compensate though. But that's another topic. And no one's complaining about it. Yet)

I fail to see the point of repeating that same falacious argument over and over...

It still doesn't justify the huge range of Sound Quake compared to other aoe nuke ultimates.

Edited by Thelonious

Yeah. Ok. Banshee is overpowered due to range.

Youknowwhat?

Volt too. He also runs a lot faster.

And Trinity soloes every single boss like no problem at all. Wait, she also has a HEAL?!

And enemies cannot shoot through Ice Globe of that weird Frost guy. Not overpowered on cryopod defense you say?

I may just be silent about loki with his decoy-teleport-invis thingie that keeps him invincible.

That excalibur has two high damage offensive aoes by the way.

Multishot mod is also overpowered. Who the hell thought doubling dps is balanced?!

250 thunderbolt damage is too much.

Gorgon itself is a manifestation of overpowered-ness.

Hey, those guys with snipetrons and lex-s keep one-shooting my mobs!

etc.

etc.

etc.

NERF THEM ALL!!!

Nerf them all, so i can peacefully play with my unmodded mag-grakata-sicarus-pangolin loadout and actually KILL SOMETHING!

/sarcasm off

You know, nearly everything in this game is overpowered if you use it the right way. Several things are easier to use than the others.

If we start nerfing thing after thing after thing, we are going to have identical warframes that only differ in looks. Same thing for weapons. And you know where we are going to get? To World of Warcraft.

Id say some things need buffing (like Ember's ulty and grakata, for instance), but there is hardly any need for severely nerfing something.

In the end, its up to developers to decide, of course.

PS:

am i really the only one that is grateful to banshees that clear waves of mobs on defense missions? I dont get mad or frustrated - im actually happy i have a banshee on my team, it will make defense faster and easier.

PPS:

If we nerf banshee severely (like to 50-60% the current aoe) we should nerf Frost as well by making his globe semi-transparent to bullets, making them have only 50% chance to being blocked.

Not the same thing you say? Nope - it IS the same. It makes defense easier and less stressful.

Sorry if my post is a little bit offensive.

Then it's not balanced obviously.

By 'balanced' you mean 'nerfed to the point where it's no longer capable of performing the role it was intended for'.

Good gosh man, the Sound Quake is only good for taking out mook level enemies and at high levels doesn't even do that well. You try setting off a sound quake against lvl40 Grineer, see how well that helps you. Why not nerf Loki's Decoy as well? Clearly having it draw aggro from even the highest level of enemies is OP.

The thread subject is being patently ridiculous and ignores the fact that the Banshee is principally a crowd control warframe.

As people said...anything above 40 and Banshee's Ultimate is only good for stuns.

Against Infested (even at level 40), its use is a death sentence. It takes a HUGE amount of time to cast (around 10 seconds), giving far off ancients enough time to walk right next to you, which is the last thing you want. The entire ultimate is balanced by its enormous disable on yourself (your gun hits for way more). The ONLY reason to use it is for the emergency delay of your own death to give allies some time to try and save you.

To be honest, I think it's just CoD kiddies complaining about 'ks' when the Banshee is actually doing you a favour by killing all the mobs for you, as you get more experience overall. It doesn't even kill level 30+ mobs so it's probably the low level players that don't fully understand the game. This is proven by the fact that no one complains about Rhino Stomp having the same AoE with a NINE second disable that takes less than a second to cast, which is infinitely more useful in any serious game.

Sound quake and banshee overall is balanced very well internally. She has 2 damaging skills that are strong at one level but not the other (sonar and quake), and 1 very effective utility skill that is useful at all levels. She, along with Rhino and Excalibur, are probably some of the best reference balance frames in the game, with rhino being geared for later and excalibur being geared for earlier.

Edited by Tryysaeder

Mmmm, first off, I am not a developer or a person of any major importance within Digital Extremes. I am simply a person who is more intelligent and logical then any of the Banshee abusers that took notice of this thread's title, and choose to enter it to flame me about attacking the Warframe they use to exploit the game with. If I want to say something is OP I can do that, regardless of if me saying that makes you feel threatened that your over-powered and soon to be nerfed frame could be even closer to a nerf by me saying it.

Secondly, many of you Epsilons that try to argue that Sound Quake is not OP based on the fact it only kills lower level enemies are about as delusional as your counter-argument is. As terrify as it might be to you I'm going to completely shut your attempt at defending your exploit down. Mostly because this gives me great levels of pleasure in doing so. To easily accomplish this I would point out that most of the entire game features missions with lower level enemies. This includes: most alerts, most defense missions (since most people usually leave at either wave 5 or 10) and also missions on most planets in general. This means in something like eight missions out of ten will be effected by the ridiculousness that is Sound Quake (since the bulk of missions in the game feature lower leveled enemies). I would also go on to point out since Sound Quake is so OP against low level enemies that is clearly how the frame is exploited. This being a point many of the Epsilons already pointed out when describing Sound Quakes role in leveling. The weight my point has is that a lot of the game deals heavily with either grinding levels or farming for mods. These objectives beg to be achieved quickly with an exploit such as utilizing Sound Quake to easily kill through waves on a defense mission, quickly finishing an alert, or grinding mobile defense missions such as Kappa.

My point is that grinding or farming is a huge part of the game, and its already boring enough. Abusing an exploit like the current Sound Quake with Banshee, or having to play with someone that is abusing Sound Quake makes this grind or farm that much more boring. Killing enemies is what makes this aspect of the game fun, and if there is a frame that is killing the enemies as insanely as a Banshee abusing Sound Quake then that doesn't really leave other players using different frames much of an option to kill enemies and have fun to.

So clearly, in conclusion the current Sound Quake needs to be nerfed in some way to make it more of a choice rather then the ridiculously exploitable grind or farm speed standard it currently. This will allow other players using different warframes to kill enemies and enjoy playing the grinding or farming aspect of the game with more enjoyment and fairness.

"I'm so much more intelligent than all of you and my opinion is fact, in conclusion, if you disagree with me, you are just an insecure troll *smugface*"

You can't get classier OP, especially the whole fake-modesty packaging thing.

Now please, can anyone just play with this guy and destroy everything with Excalibur's mobility and slash dash before he even gets to reach the spawns, or solo entiere waves on high-defense with Nyx or show him what true nukers can do like a proper Volt/Corpus or Saryn/Infested.

Because this thread has become a joke really.

Edited by GeistHeller

"I'm so much more intelligent than all of you and my opinion is fact, in conclusion, if you disagree with me, you are just an insecure troll *smugface*"

You can't get classier OP, especially the whole fake-modesty packaging thing.

Now please, can anyone just play with this guy and destroy everything with Excalibur's mobility and slash dash before he even gets to reach the spawns, or solo entiere waves on high-defense with Nyx or show him what true nukers can do like a proper Volt/Corpus or Saryn/Infested.

Because this thread has become a joke really.

I have to agree his responce killed any "intellegence" to the better arguments(didn't even respond to my own and try to counter argue it), if they nerfed sound quake their's plenty of other AoE's that allow the same thing just not as huge of a range. I even mentioned that in my first post =p

No, thats not the way to gain credibility for your argument by attacking others intelligence. But your wrong about banshees skill being OP and i couldnt disagree with anything you have said more.

Not only are you making baseless claims of being more logical and intelligent than people because they disagree with you but you refer to them as 'Epsilons', you're not the only one who read BNW but for those that haven't he is basically calling you all useless peasant cavemen. The way you act around people is abhorrent, how you ever thought that would make people change their minds is beyond me.

Back on topic, Volt can do the same thing on Grineer and Corpus missions, Frost can pretty much stop any wave by using a power that isn't even his ult, Excalibur can do 500+dmg to large groups of enemies with a 25 energy power and trinity can never die or run out of energy against bosses(the strongest enemies in the game and the source of rare resources and blueprints for making frames). There is also Rhino, Saryn, Nyx, Mag and Loki, all of whom have incredible abilities capable of doing 'OP' things, in fact it's only Ember and Ash who don't have 'OP' abilities.

Sound Quake is fine the way it is because almost every other frame has an amazing ability just like her, she would be 'OP' if these guys didn't have these capabilities, but they do so she really isn't.

Yeah. Ok. Banshee is overpowered due to range.

Youknowwhat?

Volt too. He also runs a lot faster.

And Trinity soloes every single boss like no problem at all. Wait, she also has a HEAL?!

And enemies cannot shoot through Ice Globe of that weird Frost guy. Not overpowered on cryopod defense you say?

I may just be silent about loki with his decoy-teleport-invis thingie that keeps him invincible.

That excalibur has two high damage offensive aoes by the way.

Multishot mod is also overpowered. Who the hell thought doubling dps is balanced?!

250 thunderbolt damage is too much.

Gorgon itself is a manifestation of overpowered-ness.

Hey, those guys with snipetrons and lex-s keep one-shooting my mobs!

etc.

etc.

etc.

NERF THEM ALL!!!

Nerf them all, so i can peacefully play with my unmodded mag-grakata-sicarus-pangolin loadout and actually KILL SOMETHING!

/sarcasm off

You know, nearly everything in this game is overpowered if you use it the right way. Several things are easier to use than the others.

If we start nerfing thing after thing after thing, we are going to have identical warframes that only differ in looks. Same thing for weapons. And you know where we are going to get? To World of Warcraft.

Id say some things need buffing (like Ember's ulty and grakata, for instance), but there is hardly any need for severely nerfing something.

In the end, its up to developers to decide, of course.

PS:

am i really the only one that is grateful to banshees that clear waves of mobs on defense missions? I dont get mad or frustrated - im actually happy i have a banshee on my team, it will make defense faster and easier.

PPS:

If we nerf banshee severely (like to 50-60% the current aoe) we should nerf Frost as well by making his globe semi-transparent to bullets, making them have only 50% chance to being blocked.

Not the same thing you say? Nope - it IS the same. It makes defense easier and less stressful.

Sorry if my post is a little bit offensive.

The Pattern with much of your post is trying to legitimize Banshee's Sound Quake by attempting to point out other aspects of the game that are broken. The main point you are failing to understand is that the game should allow players equal parts in the role of dispatching enemies. The problem is that many people choose to abuse Sound Quake and model there frames mods around it. This allows them to pretty much use it whenever they feel like it. This results in them killing practically any mob worth looking at. This is a game, its meant to be played and enjoyed. I can't see how sitting around killing a few enemies here and there, and mostly having a Banshee clear 50-65% of the enemies without other players even getting a chance to. None of the other abilities you mentioned that were broken can do that. Which means no one cares that there broken, based on the fact they don't effect other players gameplay. Banshee's Sound Quake on the other hand does effect other players gameplay. As I have said before much of the game is based on farming, or grinding, and with that in mind the Banshee effects a huge part of the game and needs to be justly nerfed.

Scowlface2, on 09 May 2013 - 9:07 PM, said:snapback.png

By 'balanced' you mean 'nerfed to the point where it's no longer capable of performing the role it was intended for'.

Good gosh man, the Sound Quake is only good for taking out mook level enemies and at high levels doesn't even do that well. You try setting off a sound quake against lvl40 Grineer, see how well that helps you. Why not nerf Loki's Decoy as well? Clearly having it draw aggro from even the highest level of enemies is OP.

The thread subject is being patently ridiculous and ignores the fact that the Banshee is principally a crowd control warframe.

The poster is not realizing that the Banshee is controlling crowds to well, and that there are other crowd control frames out there. All of these frames are laughable in their crowd control capabilities compared to the Banshee. You also trying to go on like all the other morons in here defending the Banshee that Sound Quake does not does a lot of damage to higher leveled enemies. Which is completely avoiding the main argument that Sound Quake's range is the problem not the damage. As I have suggested there should be two separate AOE ranges. The primary range that deals the current damage it does (or more) and a secondary ranges that deals far less damage then Sound Quake currently generates, but with say an increased stun time.

I have to agree his responce killed any "intellegence" to the better arguments(didn't even respond to my own and try to counter argue it), if they nerfed sound quake their's plenty of other AoE's that allow the same thing just not as huge of a range. I even mentioned that in my first post =p

The range is the only thing that is the problem SonicDoragon. Its the key difference between Banshee's AOE and other frames AOE skills, and its a huge difference, literally. I'm not saying the damage needs to be nerfed I'm saying the range is what needs the nerf, and other on this thread that actually have sense agree with me.

Edited by Despara

Sound Quake DOES appear powerful, however, it takes a while to deal lethal damage to basic mob enemies, the warframe is rooted to the ground for the duration of the cast and the stronger enemies barely notice it. I do not own Banshee, so my personal experience is only exterior, but it seems like it's really only good in emergency situations, making it a defensive power at most.

Now IF (we all have to play the devil's advocate sometimes) it gets adjusted, range should NOT be touched. The best thing about Quake is the fact that its range is so far, that makes it a unique power due to that range. If anything is going to be adjusted in the future, if at all, will have to be damage.

Sound Quake DOES appear powerful, however, it takes a while to deal lethal damage to basic mob enemies, the warframe is rooted to the ground for the duration of the cast and the stronger enemies barely notice it. I do not own Banshee, so my personal experience is only exterior, but it seems like it's really only good in emergency situations, making it a defensive power at most.

Now IF (we all have to play the devil's advocate sometimes) it gets adjusted, range should NOT be touched. The best thing about Quake is the fact that its range is so far, that makes it a unique power due to that range. If anything is going to be adjusted in the future, if at all, will have to be damage.

We'll see what gets adjusted in the future my friend. I have seen many additions to games similar to Banshee's Sound Quake, and the main purpose of these additions is to attract a player base that likes using over-powered game features. Remember Banshee is the newest frame. Also take into consideration the way the game throws Banshee's BP at you in defense missions. Its only a matter of time till Sound Quake is nerfed. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Lulz @ the people who say sound quake isn't OP.

Even with an unpotatoed pre-max rank warframe sound quake can still single handedly kill every single regular mob in sight of the Kiste/Kappa cryopod.

It's a mod/mat farmers wet dream.

Its viability in high level defence missions is irrelevant as warframe balance goes out the window at that point, and just becomes an exercise in exploiting specialist abilities.