Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee's Sound Quake

Despara

The poster is not realizing that the Banshee is controlling crowds to well, and that there are other crowd control frames out there. All of these frames are laughable in their crowd control capabilities compared to the Banshee. You also trying to go on like all the other morons in here defending the Banshee that Sound Quake does not does a lot of damage to higher leveled enemies. Which is completely avoiding the main argument that Sound Quake's range is the problem not the damage. As I have suggested there should be two separate AOE ranges. The primary range that deals the current damage it does (or more) and a secondary ranges that deals far less damage then Sound Quake currently generates, but with say an increased stun time.

You know what's overpowered for crowd control? The Nyx's Chaos ability. Not only does it make everyone stop fighting you, it makes them kill each other. Pair a reach mod, and it goes out the wazoo. Not only that, it also affects other enemies who aren't even in the area of effect. Guess we should reduce the range of that to 5 meters hmm?

Good gosh man, your complaint is nothing but useless whinging.

Edited by Scowlface2

Why are there so many nerf threads these days?

Are you people really so unhappy with the game?

Do you people really own all the frames and play all of them enough to even have a good assessment of a frames abilities?

Do you people even take into consideration the stats of the frames?

Do any of the frames even need nerfing when none of the frames are being superior in all aspects to all the other frames?

Shouldn't everyone be using this/these frame(s) if they are sooooo OP? How many times have you seen 4 people all using these frames in a mission?

Have you people even tried using any of these OP frames on all the higher level planets?

Have you people even tried using S#&$ty weapons with these frames?

If you find a frame too easy to use, does that mean everyone else also feels the same? Why are there threads asking for Grineer rollers, shields and lancers to be removed/nerfed/reworked?

If you find a frame too easy to use, can't you just play another frame that offers you challange?

If you want challenge, why don't you ask for enemies to be buffed instead?

If you want challenge, why can't you suggest new enemies that are specifically made to counter these frames to be introduced?

By the way, every frame is supposed to be OP in some way or another.

They are not meant to all be exactly equal in every aspect.

Otherwise, the only choice you get is the skins and nobody is even gonna bother crafting or buying new frames when their current frame can handle every single mission type just as well as any other frame.

You're not supposed to be only playing ONE frame.

There are some frames with OP skills for offense, some with OP skills for defense, some with OP skills for other utilities.

Ideally, you should be having at least 2 frames. One for offense and one for defense. Use the 2 free slots they give you.

A truly OP frame is one with all of them, making the rest all look like S#&$ in all aspect, making nobody wanna play them but it hasn't even been created yet.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

The OP appears to want to "balance" a perfectly reasonable skill for early game use. Great plan. Maybe come back when you know how the rest of it works?

If anything, some of the other skills in the game (World On Fire, I'm looking at you) need buffing up for late game use. However, people who really only have a tenuous grasp of what they're doing crying nerf because someone killed more little monsterkins in early levels probably should keep quiet until they've played more, or be sealed in a small metal box, and ejected into the uncaring inky-black vastness of That Space.

Would just suggest reducing max range by ~2.5 - 5.0 metres. Nothing else to change really, it is what it is. 

well said. nothing wrong with the ability in general just reduce its range to be more equal of the other aoe frames

because in its current state its nothing thats even close to it.

Edited by Trancemaster

I haven't used Banshee, but on paper her ult doesn't look that great in comparasion to some of the others.

Seems like it trades damage (reduced by armour) and the ability to do other things (the channel time) for a bit of CC and a lack of target cap. Is it really that much better than an Ash or Excalibur ult?

Just seems different is all.

I would argue that (my) Banshee's Soundquake effectiveness tapers off around wave 7.  I consider her of more of a shortcut to wave 5 than a win button because getting to wave 5 is easy anyway.   Mag's crush with that range helmet is arguable worst because I don't think the damage tapers off at distance.  Neither are OP.

Well, I was playing defense on Europa (25-35 during event) with someone who uses Banshee and he could pretty much clear out any enemy on screen on wave 25 with her ultimate whereas enemies didn't even die when hit by my Frosts ultimate.

It's either OP or buggy.

Because Frost is a defensive Frame. Don't complain.