Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Steam Workshop?

i was wondering if we could possibly get a steam workshop for community content?? personally im only interested in adding to the map tile sets and maybe creating a full map for one of the worlds.

But the possibility to do some custom weapons aswell im sure would appeal to some other players.

Can somebody please tell me if this is likely a possibility? 

i would really enjoy adding to the map tile sets.

thx

MK

IF it were implemented, the weapons/maps would have to be seperated from the ranking. Like maps not being "whitelisted" in other games. Meaning, you could play them for fun, but would gain no ingame progression. It would be far to easy to make exploitable defense maps, overpowered weapons, ect.

the idea of op guns and levels full of containers dont interest me, id rather add something to the game then try and create something just for a particular exploit. plus im not interested in gun/weapon creation, only adding to the map tile sets interests me

as im loving the new tile sets, just they need more of them still lol

plus id like to see any possible maps ran past the current map creators to make sure there is no exploits n stuff, ive participated in map creation on games like counter strike 1.6 and tf2 before so would still like to try my hand at this (mainly cause this is a beautiful game)

the idea of op guns and levels full of containers dont interest me, id rather add something to the game then try and create something just for a particular exploit. plus im not interested in gun/weapon creation, only adding to the map tile sets interests me

as im loving the new tile sets, just they need more of them still lol

plus id like to see any possible maps ran past the current map creators to make sure there is no exploits n stuff, ive participated in map creation on games like counter strike 1.6 and tf2 before so would still like to try my hand at this (mainly cause this is a beautiful game)

yes you may not be interested in that personally but i guarantee other people will be.

Pretty much this. There are countless players out there like yourself, who would want a balanced game. I'll give you that. However, there are just as many, if not MORE, who would look for an exploit at a moment's notice. Like we've discussed, removing all loot drops/xp could help alleviate this. As far as map approval coming from the devs, That would be an Intense amount of work on their part. Them playtesting player created maps into the ground, so that they could be approved, would be a waste of their time in this stage of the game's development. Time would be better spent, creating, and playtesting their own content. Steam workshop if EVER implemented, would have to be quite a way down the road. Long after the game has had it's official release.

I love mods and user created content. They undoubtedly add quite a hefty amount of life to a game. That said, right now is NOT the time for them.

Steamworks for modelling and leave the balancing to the devs, how does that sound?

That's exactly what TF2 does and it works out fine. The community contributes maps and models, Valve takes them, tweaks them a bit and adds the gameplay elements to match.

That's exactly what TF2 does and it works out fine. The community contributes maps and models, Valve takes them, tweaks them a bit and adds the gameplay elements to match.

Yes, but Valve is also doing that for a game that is several years old. They aren't doing it during the development of TF2's Beta. That's not me saying that Valve doesn;t spend a lot of time on current TF2 development, it's me saying that they aren't still developing and refining the core game. Outside of AI tweaks and the occasional weapon re-balance, TF2 at it's core is complete.

Well, The game looks to be made in unreal 3 engine. (might be mistaken but both have similar asset system)

As far as I know only Killing Floor has been able to use steamworks but even their engine is older (ut2004?).

I have my doubts warframe is able to set it up, no matter how benefitial the idea might be.