[DE]Drew

Psa: Radial Javelin & Unlisted Changes

That feels... kind of counter intuitive to be honest. So if you're stealthing through a mission and are completely invisible, casting Radial Javelin (even when a few inches from an enemy in direct sight) they won't be hit? I'll have to test this because this feels kind of silly.

Would also bring in to question whether it would affect enemies who are focused on other teammates (if an enemy is focused on a teammate do they lose "awareness" of the player?).

I mean... in a sort of analogy, it's like saying "If the enemy closes their eyes and imagines really hard that you're not there, they can't be hurt by Radial Javelin."

This. Can we just give enemies spawn immunity?

• Upvote 15

That feels... kind of counter intuitive to be honest. So if you're stealthing through a mission and are completely invisible, casting Radial Javelin (even when a few inches from an enemy in direct sight) they won't be hit? I'll have to test this because this feels kind of silly.

Would also bring in to question whether it would affect enemies who are focused on other teammates (if an enemy is focused on a teammate do they lose "awareness" of the player?).

I mean... in a sort of analogy, it's like saying "If the enemy closes their eyes and imagines really hard that you're not there, they can't be hurt by Radial Javelin."

^ took the words out of my mouth

sorry but to be honest with you....trying to debunk the nerf actually gives a worse perspective on what is going on at the moment

because it opens doors to what you could potentially do with other abilities....and if this is the case and the direction DE is taking with skills + enemy awareness.....it will not bode well for warframe abilities or the games future in general

Edited by sekushiiandee
  • Upvote 48

My concern isn't so much that the change wasn't listed. Mistakes happen, and it really isn't that big of a deal.

What does concern me is that Excalibur is the only frame with an AOE nuke that requires awareness/LOS. On top of the fact that his LOS checks have been removed, added, removed, added, removed, added, removed and then added again, albeit in a slightly new(and honestly silly) way. Can we please get some clarification on what the thought process behind these changes to his ultimate is?

Edited because awareness does not equal line of sight.

22.jpg

Edited by xRufus7x
  • Upvote 56

The problem with these unlisted changes is that they are always Nerfs. Massive nerfs are always the ones that seem to be missing in the notes, that's why we get weary.

Secondly... why the nerf/change in the first place?

ALWAYS

• Upvote 31

Will we also get a PSA about "unintentionlly unlisted" and massive nerf to credit rewards? Dark sector end of mission cred reward was cut in 4, void in half. I hope this change is not ment to be there (as all unlisted changes as you say) and will be reverted.

• Upvote 43

My concern isn't so much that the change wasn't listed. Mistakes happen, and it really isn't that big of a deal.

What does concern me is that Excalibur is the only frame with an AOE nuke that requires line of sight. On top of the fact that his LOS checks have been removed, added, removed, added, removed, added, removed and then added again. Can we please get some clarification on what the thought process behind adding LOS to his ultimate is?

^ excalibur is the only frame with an AOE nuke that requires line of sight......for now....... <- because you know making a standard for one frame warrants making it across the board for others.....and thats my problem with this.....

it is seriously hard for me to believe that tenno and warframes that all mighty beings when they cant even kill one target with nanotechnology that should be able to track enemies and decimate them......

• Upvote 1

What does concern me is that Excalibur is the only frame with an AOE nuke that requires line of sight. On top of the fact that his LOS checks have been removed, added, removed, added, removed, added, removed and then added again. Can we please get some clarification on what the thought process behind adding LOS to his ultimate is?

Now it's enemy awareness, not line of sight. Which as I mentioned above feels/seems a bit silly to me; technically radial javelin won't hit an enemy 3 feet in front of you even if you have the stealth melee prompt because they're not aware of you due to you stealthing.

• Upvote 14

We tried to explain the Javelin changes in the update notes here, but the change is actually more nuanced than simply requiring Line-of-Sight. Radial Javelin now requires that enemies are aware of Excalibur in order to be affected - LoS is not required. 

That's a bit backwards. Why should the enemies need to be aware of him to be affected? It should surely be the other way around. He should need to be aware of the enemy positions in order to call up Aether Skana to stab them. This would reward mods like 'Enemy Sense' and 'Enemy Radar.'

I don't need to let a guy see me before my bullet can kill him, but I do need to know where he is. 

• Upvote 41

Another issue is the whole we took a poll on excal not to long ago and voted and discussed all of his moves yet no mention was made that LOS was always suppose to be in place. Just reduce the range and call it a day.

• Upvote 6

Hopefully this will calm some folks down, hopefully.

• Upvote 3

I understand your point about respectful feedback, but nerfing Excalibur became integral part of your updates, which is not funny anymore.

This change only makes RJ unreliable (much like Radial Blind). What is expected to change with this nerf? It is still viable to farm with it, bit more tedious, but it works. As with RB, RJ is now unusable on high levels, if I am dead by one or two shots, hitting PROBABLY everyone does not cut it.

So you want players will change frames from Excalibur on high levels?

Also you expect the players to be able to notice, keep in mind, which enemies are aware or not aware of the Tenno in visible range. Riiiiiight....

Why the Excaliburs Radial abilites? Why not the other CC effects? Those are ok?

So if next time Vor says "I am not here." should my Exaclibur begin crying or say please?

Unfortunately, I am quite sure, it won't.

Edited by ---Excalibur---
  • Upvote 62

I was actually (kinda) ranting in the 16.0.2 topic because of it, but this is actually good news. Except, like Letter13 said, it goes against the concept of stealth. Aren't we space ninja's?

• Upvote 1

feedback on new radial javelin:

it is unintuitive, it is inconvenient, it made excalibur useless (because only use he could get is draco farm)

thoughts:

1) if you don't want old radial javelin in PvP - then make it different only for PvP

2) if you don't like Draco farm - then give us a LEGAL way of leveling our weapons with efficiency ON A PAR with Draco/Excal farm.

3) if you want us to grind to death and hate the game - then leave new radial javelin as it is now

Edited by NOSCOPE_xGET_GUDx_BLAZER
  • Upvote 70

Can we stop changing what you say and be honest. It was LoS in the stealth nerf and you know it. Then you secretly patch it and show this to make it seem like it was never LoS even though in the notes that you tried to explain you said it had LoS again. STOP! How about you come up with something solid internally then release it, so many quick changes reverting and re-implementing nerfs is killing our trust in you guys.

• Upvote 59

^ i feel you may have skipped over several comments....lol

I was actually (kinda) ranting in the 16.0.2 topic because of it, but this is actually good news. Except, like Letter13 said, it goes against the concept of stealth. Aren't we space ninja's?

^ we are space ninjas with very limited abilities.....

Edited by sekushiiandee
  • Upvote 2

Can we stop changing what you say and be honest. It was LoS in the stealth nerf and you know it. Then you secretly patch it and show this to make it seem like it was never LoS even though in the notes that you tried to explain you said it had LoS again. STOP! How about you come up with something solid internally then release it, so many quick changes reverting and re-implementing nerfs is killing our trust in you guys.

^ yeah....i noticed the secret patching too.....

but it was for...."contacts and invites"....yet the files seem kind of large for something that simple....but hey....im no programmer

Edited by sekushiiandee
  • Upvote 2

^ i feel you may have skipped over several comments....lol

^ we are space ninjas with very limited abilities.....

Yup I may have been too hopeful lol......*super sad sigh*

I don't understand why the base distance just can't be shortened and it doesn't go through walls. So even the max stretch and max overextended wouldn't reach the Draco stephano spawns.

That's better than making him completely useless.

• Upvote 6

I don't understand why the base distance just can't be shortened and it doesn't go through walls. So even the max stretch and max overextended wouldn't reach the Draco stephano spawns.

That's better than making him completely useless.

Honestly, even Ember is more useful now. So useless is quite a good word.

Edited by ---Excalibur---