Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fang Or Dual Ether?

i believe Dual Ethers are better. the problem fangs have is they dont hit as hard and have shorter range. DE have most of the same benefits plus does  its full damage to light infested. which the fangs do not.

i think overall they are just better. even with considering fangs having 50% damage bonus to grineer. they are much faster tho but lack the aoe ability of the Dual Ethers. 

but as ive always said. you can pretty much use whatever you want so long as you mod it properly.

Apple and oranges. They are not the same kind of weapon and the roles they fill do not overlap.

Fang is purely anti-Grineer. Ether is anti-infested and has an arbitrary armor ignore to cover a weakness that didn't exist with anti-infested weapons to begin with (charge attacks ignore armor), but it will never do more damage to medium Grineer than Fang does. An unmodded Fang does 195 charge damage to medium Grineer.

But let's all forget about that, because both of these weapons are pointless as long as Gram exists.

Edited by Ion_Sig

Dual Heat Sword isn't even that good. It might charge slightly faster than Gram but it still does less damage and has a shorter reach and a smaller swing arc.

And Scindo is exactly like Gram, except it's slower and causes severe motion sickness.

But yes, compared to Dual Ether, those weapons would still technically be considered better.

Edited by Ion_Sig

Dual Heat Sword isn't even that good. It might charge slightly faster than Gram but it still does less damage and has a shorter reach and a smaller swing arc.

And Scindo is exactly like Gram, except it's slower and causes severe motion sickness.

But yes, compared to Dual Ether, those weapons would still technically be considered better.

Gram does double damage to light infested

Scindo does triple and has bigger range.

there *are* differences between to two.

Also, not all charged attacks ignore armor, just most charged attacks.

Gram is still 3x to light infested.

(yes, I just double-checked myself.)

*sigh*

Depressed that I apparently chose a second rate weapon to potato. And I'll bet the Furax is bad too, right?

At least the Furax is also stylish.

Both the Dual Ethers and Furax are perfectly viable. They're just not ~omg amazing top tier for 90% of the playerbase~ weapons. The Furax in particular benefit from having high charge damage as well as charging fast, even if their range isn't anything to write home about.

If you want the ~*absolute best*~ then you probably want the typical DHS/Gram/Scindo, but you're fine with dual ethers or furax to be honest.

Furax are the highest single target damage weapon in the game to non-infested.

I would hardly call them bad, they are friggin amazing boss farming weapons.

There really is no such thing as "best" in this game because everything is situational. Dual Ethers are really the most well rounded weapons, a good balance of damage, speed, stagger and effectiveness.

They are a fast cleaving weapon that ignores armor and has a very very high stagger rate. They are literally very potent in any situation once you know how to move; and frankly my favored weapon for a "up for whatever" loadout (i.e. as part of what I wear when I go afk and get suddenly pulled into a random match by clannies or what just pop into an alert blindly without having to think about it)

The only weapon I know of that does not ignore armor on charge attacks is Ether Daggers. This is one out of nearly 30 melee weapons.

Scindo does not have longer range. The ranges are identical.

All slashing weapons are triple infested damage and Gram is no different.

As for Furax... I dunno, it's niche to be sure. It has really high attack speed and decent charge speed, which combine to make its charge attack dps pretty good. In terms of single targets it would probably be the best melee weapon against bosses and heavies... but Gram is just so much safer and more useful against everything else.

The few disadvantages Gram does have are not even worth caring about.

The entire melee system and all melee weapons need a complete overhaul, IMO.

Edited by Ion_Sig

The Gram is awesome for sure, but I took the Fragor for its better jump attack and for the fact that if I'm going to charge attack with a heavy weapon I want it to be one mother****er of a charge attack. Everyone talks up the Gram, though. What makes it better than the Fragor? Because I sure as heck do not regret that one.

Oh and it's the Fang that I feel like is second rate, not the ethers.