Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Buff, Now Better Than Vandal Counterpart.

Avenwing

The polarity slot means that until we get a method for 'prestige' style weapon ranking the Vandal will be better no matter what.  However when that time does come that you can keep customizing your weapons polarity... then I think they may need to do something just to separate the two (higher damage, lower fire rate etc).

Edited by plznohurtme

The polarity slot means that until we get a method for 'prestige' style weapon ranking the Vandal will be better no matter what.  However when that time does come that you can keep customizing your weapons polarity... then I think they may need to do something just to separate the two (higher damage, lower fire rate etc).

I don't mind either way, I got dat chrome

Seems the same to me. Slightly, only ever so slightly, less attk speed while having more crit, polarity slot, COOLER SOUND, and better accuracy. 

Emphasis mine. Added to the most important part.

Better accuracy and a polarity spot matter a LOT. Polarity needs no explanation. Accuracy means more damage in practice in a lot of situations, and it means the Braton is the "correct" weapon in more situations.

I have a Lato Vandal and not a Braton Vandal. I don't actually know why, because I played a little bit of the closed beta, then stopped, then came back and was like "oh man look at all my fusion cores." I wish I had a Braton Vandal because of the sound and because it would be one more potato in my stash of potatoes.

Edited by Nenesse

Braton Vandal has V Polarity.

Half-cost Serration/Multishot.

Instantly better than Braton.

Emphasis mine. Added to the most important part.

Better accuracy and a polarity spot matter a LOT. Polarity needs no explanation. Accuracy means more damage in practice in a lot of situations, and it means the Braton is the "correct" weapon in more situations.

I have a Lato Vandal and not a Braton Vandal. I don't actually know why, because I played a little bit of the closed beta, then stopped, then came back and was like "oh man look at all my fusion cores." I wish I had a Braton Vandal because of the sound and because it would be one more potato in my stash of potatoes.

You guys are forgetting that the prestige/paragon/ascension/whatever has been confirmed and they are working on it.

Still think the Vandal should never have been touched. Was supposed to be a special thank-you reward from them to us early adopters. Then the newcomers *@##$ed, cuz they were jelly and it was sooo unfair that people who had actually put the effort in to get a key and had been playing since closed beta had something special that was apparently out DPS'ing everyone else. I'm sure it had nothing to do with us having more experience and time spent with the game.

It wasn't even like we were going to use it forever and always- there're always new guns and blades to be tried and new favorites to find. Meh, w/e, nothing to be done now. Friggin' entitlement, man.... 

Resetting weapons to un-ranked but allowing you to change a polarity slot.

I don't think anyone's forgotten that. But then again, no details have been released about that so there's no way of knowing one way or another.

My hope is that you can add another polarity slot if the weapon already has one.

Still think the Vandal should never have been touched. Was supposed to be a special thank-you reward from them to us early adopters. Then the newcomers *@##$ed, cuz they were jelly and it was sooo unfair that people who had actually put the effort in to get a key and had been playing since closed beta had something special that was apparently out DPS'ing everyone else. I'm sure it had nothing to do with us having more experience and time spent with the game.

It wasn't even like we were going to use it forever and always- there're always new guns and blades to be tried and new favorites to find. Meh, w/e, nothing to be done now. Friggin' entitlement, man.... 

The vandal wasn't touched.... The regular Braton was buffed.

A tad bitter, but generally I agree.

I don't think anyone's forgotten that. But then again, no details have been released about that so there's no way of knowing one way or another.

My hope is that you can add another polarity slot if the weapon already has one.

The most recent livestream made it sound like you could do it multiple times, and since a ton of weapons don't have polarity, and of those that do I think only the Glaive and Lato Prime have more than one... this would imply that you can add one if there isn't one.  It's a pretty fair bet that they want this kind of modification going forward, the question just is how many will they cap it at.

The vandal wasn't touched.... The regular Braton was buffed.

pretty sure Vandal was nerfed some time back, pre-u7 iirc, perhaps that's what was being referred to.

Base stats are never a decent method of comparing two weapons. Other factors must be considered.

I'm a bit of a Braton aficionado, so let me break it down so it makes a bit more sense...

And please read this, I put a lot of work into this.

Math, for those interested. If not, skip to the results.

Braton

∙ Split Chamber (Rank 15) [2x] (15)

∙ Serration (Rank 14) [+165%] (29)

∙ Hellfire (Rank 11) [+90%] (40)

∙ Stormbringer (Rank 11) [+90%] (51)

∙ Piercing Hit (Rank 9) [+60%] (60)

Braton Vandal

∙ Split Chamber (Rank 15) [2x] (Polarity; 15/2 = 8)

∙ Serration (Rank 14) [+165%] (22)

∙ Hellfire (Rank 11) [+90%] (33)

∙ Stormbringer (Rank 11) [+90%] (44)

∙ Piercing Hit (Rank 9) [+60%] (53)

∙ Cryo Rounds (Rank 7) [+60%] (60)

Figures below do not take elemental resistances or weaknesses into account.

If Serration STACKS (affects base damage, and how it is now):

Braton:

2(165%+90%+90%+60%)

2(33+29.7+29.7+19.8)

2(112.2)

Damage Per Round: 224.4

Braton Vandal:

2(165%+90%+90%+60%+60%)

2(33+29.7+29.7+19.8+19.8)

2(132)

Damage Per Round: 264

================================================

If Serration is ADDITIVE (how it should be working, after a fix):

Braton:

2(165%+90%+90%+60%)

2(33+18+18+12)

2(81)

Damage Per Round: 162

Braton Vandal:

2(165%+90%+90%+60%+60%)

2(33+18+18+12+12)

2(93)

Damage Per Round: 186

================================================

DPS MATH:

Braton: 224.4 ∙ 11.3 Rounds Per Second = 2603.04

Vandal: 264 ∙ 9.4 Rounds Per Second = 2481.6

Braton Additive: 162 ∙ 11.3 Rounds Per Second = 1830.6

Vandal Additive: 186 ∙ 9.4 Rounds Per Second = 1748.4

Math-free version:

Figures below do not take elemental resistances or weaknesses into account.

With the mods shown in the math above...

Braton: 224.4

Vandal: 264

Braton DPS: 2603.04

Vandal DPS: 2481.6

Objective Assessment:

Vandal has better ammunition economy and better sustainability.

Braton has better overall DPS.

Subjective Assessment:

Each weapon holds its own value. They really seem to be sidegrades, but that's just based on the mods I would use in them. I would still prefer to use the Vandal, if given the choice. Sustained fire is more important to me for bosses and swarms of Infested, but for Infested I would swap out the electricity mod for a fire rate mod.

This could theoretically give the Vandal more DPS than the Braton, but I'm sick of doing math for right now and I don't feel like calculating that.

Edited by Kahruvel

Objective Assessment:

Vandal has better ammunition economy and better sustainability.

Braton has better overall DPS.

Researcher Opinion:

Each weapon holds its own value. They really seem to be sidegrades, but that's just based on the mods I would use in them. I would still prefer to use the Vandal, if given the choice. Sustained fire is more important to me for bosses and swarms of Infested, but for Infested I would swap out the electricity mod for a fire rate mod. This would actually give the Vandal more DPS than the Braton.

That would be without taking accuracy into account. At any range that is not total point blank, the number of headshots/vulnerable shots will be a good bit higher on the vandal, to me this is a factor. Also, the vandal has more crit, which is almost neglectable now, but could become interesting if the devs ever get around to making crits worthwhile on any weapon.

Being so close now, the vandal is now more a sidegrade instead of a straight upgrade, I too would still prefer it if I had one though...

Also, where did you get the idea that serration will be changed?