Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Either Limit Clansizes Or Implement Size-Based Brackets @ Leaderboards

Marijan

Both choices currently ARE valid. The player chooses what they want to do based on the pros and cons. What YOU want to do is give everyone a gold star and make the idea of "competition" meaningless by removing everyone who could be a challenge from competing with you, and by giving the same rewards to small clans (who don't deal with the issues players in large clans do) that large clans would earn.

If you try to make everyone a winner, winning becomes meaningless.

Yet you make competition meaningless as well.  Unless the competition is to see how many lemmings you can invite to your guild.

HARR HARR HARR, welcome to the beta. It changes each week you know, so congratulations on calling everyone a hypocrite who has ever made a suggestion or feedback during the entire test phase of the game. Well done.

Also: Efforts of other? Associating the word "effort" with warbros?

I+guess+you+could+call+it+a+wet+dream+_c

You have just associated effort with a clan that has the info: We're the biggest clan. We're bros to each other and inscrutable retards to the rest. We push the limits for autism.

Oh hell yeah. Invite everyone for the sake of autism and then call it effort. Well done.

Lets not stop here, shall we? Im going to now proceed and check out our top 10!

1. Warbros - Inviting any and everyone without questions

2. Warfame Japan - Steam group - Inviting any and everyone without questions

3. Test Clan Please Ignore - Reddit group - Inviting any and everyone without questions

4. JAPANINJA - Clan based on nationality - Inviting any and all japanese without questions

5. Blackmist - Clan based on nationality - Inviting any and all russians

6. TW - Unable to find reference for any clan called "TW"

7. Gryphus Tech Corporation Warframe - Inviting any and everyone without questions

8. The Celestial Shogunate - Small code of conduct, invites any and everyone

9. WiK - Unable to find reference for any clan called "WiK"

10. boobs - Russian gag clan much like Bros - Invites any and everyone

With the exception of 2 clans with incomprehensible names that i could not look up, 8 out of 10 are "INVITE ALL" clans.

I pretty much assume that the missing 2 are the same.

Pretty much the entire top 10 is consisting of guilds which did nothing for getting on the top except for massing up members, so please do go on and tell me about this "effort" you have been speaking about. It seems to be turning into a rather amusing comedy.

You obviously haven't done any research and is pulling S#&$ out of your &#!.

Warbros doesnt invite everybody though.

Oh im very curious now.

Could you tell me how many requests for invites were rejected?

Leaving a "please invite me, char name XYZ" message on their topic gets you invited.

For me to understand your claim, i wold pretty much need to know how many people were refused and for what reasons.

Guys, this thread is not supposed to be a discussion about single clans and while I understand that many of you are members of those clans and feel protective about them, I would appreciate it if you could have those arguments somewhere else.

I asked a developer to close this thread, since everything seems to have been said and Off-Topic-discussions start. The actual purpose of this thread was to make the developers aware of this problem and I'm confident that they are.

Thank you for reading my posts (well, those who actually did read them at least ...) and for sharing your opinions.

If all of these clans invite anyone and everyone, why haven't they all just merged into a single clan of 10,000 people?

Give it some time, because this is currently the path clans are on.  Massive zerg clans. 

Oh im very curious now.

Leaving a "please invite me, char name XYZ" message on their topic gets you invited.

For me to understand your claim, i wold pretty much need to know how many people were refused and for what reasons.

First of all you need to know where to find their topic, asking anywhere outside of that topic wont get you invited i would hardly call that inviting everyone.

Also invites are currently closed.

Guys, this thread is not supposed to be a discussion about single clans and while I understand that many of you are members of those clans and feel protective about them, I would appreciate it if you could have those arguments somewhere else.

I asked a developer to close this thread, since everything seems to have been said and Off-Topic-discussions start. The actual purpose of this thread was to make the developers aware of this problem and I'm confident that they are.

Thank you for reading my posts (well, those who actually did read them at least ...) and for sharing your opinions.

There is nothing off about this thread Marijan.

The last event has pretty much shown that you do not need anything in order to succeed as a clan, than spam invite without checking on who you are inviting. The top 10 is the primary example to this.

read the thread. all i got from it was "people did better than me, i will not stand for this free player nonsense"

also, we had 10k more MOA kills then a clan wtih MORE PEOPLE THAN US.

so in that sense your argument is already moot, because we just defied it.

get rekt.

You seem to be confused as to what is an argument and what is not. Look up each clan's forum topic and prove me wrong.

Please redirect me to the warbros clan thread so I can join them, they are obviously better than anyone else.

Edit: Obviously better than you guys are, that's guaranteed.

Edited by Kordy

There is nothing off about this thread Marijan.

The last event has pretty much shown that you do not need anything in order to succeed as a clan, than spam invite without checking on who you are inviting. The top 10 is the primary example to this.

I'm aware of that and the developers are aware of this by now for sure as well. This thread is nevertheless not supposed to be a discussion about single clans and whether or not they prefer quantity over quality. It neither contributes anything to the actual topic nor does it help finding solutions, but it provokes arguments and off-topic-spam, because people feel protective over their clans.

Oh im very curious now.

You seem to be confused as to what is an argument and what is not. Look up each clan's forum topic and prove me wrong.

So when asked to provide proof for your claims about how all the big clans simply invite everyone and anyone, you tell people to go look it up for themselves? That's not how proving something works, but hey, I'll bite.

Oh. Warbros doesn't have a forum "topic" at all, much less for inviting people. 

First of all you need to know where to find their topic, asking anywhere outside of that topic wont get you invited i would hardly call that inviting everyone.

Also invites are currently closed.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/1939-clan-list/?hl=warbros

http://warbros.boards.net/

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/broframe

You're welcome. Cause i obviously did not research anything, right?

I've been in Warbros for a long time. Longer then you've even known Warbros existed. You are wrong.

You answered none of my questions. I too can say that you are wrong.

You are wrong.

Done.

What an argument. Right?

Edited by Aerensiniac

Clan Name: Warbros

Forum Link: Nope

Site: Not needed

Leader: Wiawyr, Dousiq, Nner

Members: 401 at last count

Info: We're the biggest clan. We're bros to each other and inscrutable retards to the rest. We push the limits for autism.

Timezone: All

Server: US East/West and EU East/West.

I'm aware of that and the developers are aware of this by now for sure as well. This thread is nevertheless not supposed to be a discussion about single clans and whether or not they prefer quantity over quality. It neither contributes anything to the actual topic nor does it help finding solutions, but it provokes arguments and off-topic-spam, because people feel protective over their clans.

Because changing the clan structures is easier and makes more sense compared to changing how the leaderboards are calculated, right.

Actually I don't know which is worse, calling the big clans out on their size, or caring this much about leaderboards.

Because changing the clan structures is easier and makes more sense compared to changing how the leaderboards are calculated, right.

Actually I don't know which is worse, calling the big clans out on their size, or caring this much about leaderboards.

I mentioned multiple times that I don't want to "call out" anyone in specific, but that it's easy to predict that huge clans will dominate the leaderboards simply by their sizes in the future. I never said that I care much about those leaderboards, in fact I don't even have a clan, but that doesn't mean that you can't make suggestions to improve the game.

There are different approaches to solve this future "problem", but I leave it up to the developers to decide which one is the best.

Edited by Marijan

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/1939-clan-list/?hl=warbros

http://warbros.boards.net/

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/broframe

You're welcome. Cause i obviously did not research anything, right?

You answered none of my questions. I too can say that you are wrong.

You are wrong.

Done.

What an argument. Right?

None of those sites will get you into the clan. You did a google search and posted the first hits you got.

@Blatantfool, for a community moderator you seem to have nil understanding of communication.

Shall i ask you a third time to tell me how many join requests for warbros have been declined so we can all see whether or not the clan has any base for inviting or just randomly invites people?

Cause up till now you havent answered a single question, nor have lined up any arguments.

So please. As a moderator. Answer the question or quit spamming.

Edited by Aerensiniac

Neither.

It's a forever progressing catch 22

I mentioned multiple times that I don't want to "call out" anyone in specific, but that it's easy to predict that huge clans will dominate the leaderboards simply by their sizes in the future. I never said that I care much about those leaderboards, in fact I don't even have a clan, but that doesn't mean that you can't make suggestions to improve the game.

There are different approaches to solve this future "problem", but I leave it up to the developers to decide which one is the best.

No, you outright called out the clans as being too big and wanted to limit their size. Then TWO different moderators called you out, and you're now on damage control.

Nice try. No.

The one rule is that you are simply not allowed in if you don't post in exactly the right place. Ever since we hit that leaderboard we've had our recruiting closed - mostly because we are intentionally trying to avoid an influx of people who would not have otherwise known how to get in.

I'm sorry, but all the raving you are doing trying to prove your point is falling over because you simply don't understand the nature of the thing you are talking about.

Warbros is smaller then its competition and it gave them a thrashing.

End of line.

@Blatantfool, for a community moderator you seem to have nil understanding of communication.

Shall i ask you a third time to tell me how many join requests for warbros have been declined so we can all see whether or not the clan has any base for inviting or just randomly invites people?

Cause up till now you havent answered a single question, nor have lined up any arguments.

over a hundred from the "standard" method we normally use.

probably several hundred form people PM'ing members asking for referalls into the clan. I know I've gotten about 5 so far since the livestream shout out. and i disn't even have a standing on the leaderboard.

Oh hey, I'll answer that. In the last, hrm, when was the livestream, right Wednesday, in the last 3 days we have declined over 120 requests to join.