Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Either Limit Clansizes Or Implement Size-Based Brackets @ Leaderboards

Marijan

You seem to be confused as to what is an argument and what is not. Look up each clan's forum topic and prove me wrong.

What I see is an elaborately written piece for the express purpose of amusing those who are already part of warbros. There is no need for a proper reply as you never had an argument to start with.

Edited by Derpius

No, you outright called out the clans as being too big and wanted to limit their size. Then TWO different moderators called you out, and you're now on damage control.

Nice try. No.

I never said that any clan is too big, but that people who don't want to join or create one of those are excluded from competition and related content. A limitation of their size was one of multiple suggestions to prevent clans from dominating leaderboards simply by their size in the future. Two moderators participated in this discussion and I don't see what's wrong about that - they are users with opinions like you and me. One of them is a member of Warbors, the current "Top Clan" and one of the biggest ones out there and he shared his completely valid opinion like everyone else did (although he is currently participating in an off-topic discussion about his clan ...).

You are correct though, that I'm currently on damage-control, because this thread is becoming a platform for off-topic discussions and trolls, but a developer is already informed about this and the thread is about to be closed.

Oh hey, I'll answer that. In the last, hrm, when was the livestream, right Wednesday, in the last 3 days we have declined over 120 requests to join.

And that's not even counting all the members who have been asked in game by others if they can join, that's just from where we normally recruit people.

@Blatantfool, for a community moderator you seem to have nil understanding of communication.

Shall i ask you a third time to tell me how many join requests for warbros have been declined so we can all see whether or not the clan has any base for inviting or just randomly invites people?

Cause up till now you havent answered a single question, nor have lined up any arguments.

So please. As a moderator. Answer the question or quit spamming.

Oh silly Aerensiniac, you never had any arguements!

@Blatantfool, for a community moderator you seem to have nil understanding of communication.

Shall i ask you a third time to tell me how many join requests for warbros have been declined so we can all see whether or not the clan has any base for inviting or just randomly invites people?

Cause up till now you havent answered a single question, nor have lined up any arguments.

So please. As a moderator. Answer the question or quit spamming.

Well, just from me, I've ignored more than a dozen requests for referrals. Our Warlords have stopped recruiting and rightfully so, we don't want leeches.

Also, let me remind you: we don't need to answer jack S#&$.

The one rule is that you are simply not allowed in if you don't post in exactly the right place. Ever since we hit that leaderboard we've had our recruiting closed - mostly because we are intentionally trying to avoid an influx of people who would not have otherwise known how to get in.

I'm sorry, but all the raving you are doing trying to prove your point is falling over because you simply don't understand the nature of the thing you are talking about.

Warbros is smaller then its competition and it gave them a thrashing.

End of line.

Line end here.

I never said that any clan is too big, but that people who don't want to join or create one of those are excluded from competition and related content. A limitation of their size was one of multiple suggestions to prevent clans from dominating leaderboards simply by their size in the future. Two moderators participated in this discussion and I don't see what's wrong about that - they are users with opinions like you and me. One of them is a member of Warbors, the current "Top Clan" and one of the biggest ones out there and he shared his completely valid opinion like everyone else did (although he is currently participating in an off-topic discussion about his clan ...).

You are correct though, that I'm currently on damage-control, because this thread is becoming a platform for off-topic discussions and trolls, but a developer is already informed about this and the thread is about to be closed.

I would like to suggest to limit the number of members a clan can have, to something between 30 and 100 or alternatively divide clans by their size (e.g. <20, 20-50, 50-100, 100+ or something like that).

The current leaderboard of clans is completely meaningless

So in order to make future leaderboards really informative about the "Top Clans", the number of members a clan can have should be either limited

Nice try there.

>get told

>ask thread to be closed

also, there was nothing earned by the clans on the leaderboards.

even the possible"dojo prizes" will go to larger clans with more active players, and you think this is a BAD thing?

you want to take away rewards from more people working together, so you can appease a few who did the same.

PR rule number one, appease the most people.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/1939-clan-list/?hl=warbros

http://warbros.boards.net/

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/broframe

You're welcome. Cause i obviously did not research anything, right?

You answered none of my questions. I too can say that you are wrong.

You are wrong.

Done.

What an argument. Right?

The first link is just a clan directory and the second isn't even our forum, I don't even know who made it (take a look around, it has no content apart from randoms asking for invites). You're not going to get invited via Steam either. Fact is, you're not going to get invited to Warbros if your first place of reference is the game itself. You can look at this forum and try and find a single thread where we're accepting invites, you won't find one, not a record of asking people to join nor advertising.

We're like North Korea.

edit: nah wait after taking a look a the forum that's definitely ours, it's got the same brand of autism. But that's just for shticks and giggles.

Edited by Tangerine

The one rule is that you are simply not allowed in if you don't post in exactly the right place

Thank you.

So would you say that anyone who "posts in exactly the right place" gets invited without any further questions?

Would you not say that by definition you have just proved me right on the fact that anyone gets invited who asks for it?

I merely asked multiple times to prove me wrong on the question whether or not they are inviting anyone. After 2 pages worth of spam, i have actually gotten an actual, tangible answer. Thank you kindly.

Invitation is tricky.

Good.

Thats the winner clan of the last global event, with an actual filter option (?) on joining. I am happy to see that at least one of the top 10 has some form of filtering, even if its just "find the right place to ask at".

So this leaves us with 7-9 other clans that have barely any form of player influx control.

I seems obvious to me that the quality/quantity ratio is off by far cause you get into top 10 by mass inviting, not even putting any effort into participating at events.

May warbors be the exception here (i do not know, im not part of it), but the trend is given.

P.S.: I hope none of warbros members take any offense to my words. It was not meant as any form of insult.

Could we get an official response on this?

I have a niggling worry that DE might actually restrict clan size, which would be frustrating and just result in people getting kicked for not logging on for a month and S#&amp;&#036; like that.

Thank you.

So would you say that anyone who "posts in exactly the right place" gets invited without any further questions?

Would you not say that by definition you have just proved me right on the fact that anyone gets invited who asks for it?

I merely asked multiple times to prove me wrong on the question whether or not they are inviting anyone. After 2 pages worth of spam, i have actually gotten an actual, tangible answer. Thank you kindly.

Invitation is tricky.

Good.

Thats the winner clan of the last global event, with an actual filter option (?) on joining. I am happy to see that at least one of the top 10 has some form of filtering, even if its just "find the right place to ask at".

So this leaves us with 7-9 other clans that have barely any form of player influx control.

I seems obvious to me that the quality/quantity ratio is off by far cause you get into top 10 by mass inviting, not even putting any effort into participating at events.

May warbors be the exception here (i do not know, im not part of it), but the trend is given.

P.S.: I hope none of warbros members take any offense to my words. It was not meant as any form of insult.

You used to be able to join as long as you posted your in-game name, yes.

It's currently closed though.

Thank you.

Invitation is tricky.

Good.

Now this is some damage control. No, there are still questions involved even if the person is in the right place. You wouldn't know this, though, as you simply made everything up.

Considering you labeled 8 of the top 10 clans on the leaderboard all the same, and we've already shown you were dead wrong about the #1 clan, it casts a lot of doubt on any of your claims having any validity or backing to them. There is no "trend" here when you have no data.

Could we get an official response on this?

I have a niggling worry that DE might actually restrict clan size, which would be frustrating and just result in people getting kicked for not logging on for a month and S#&$ like that.

A developer is aware of this thread, but he is restricted to a specific part of the website, so he is going to forward my request to close this thread and I think it will be closed soon with an official response, which will presumably contain that the developers took notice of this and I'm confident that they are going to find the best solution for everyone.

Thank you.

Invitation is tricky.

Good.

even if you ask in the right place, theres stil a chance of denial.

not to mention we kick members occaisionally for....well lets just say "lack of team spirit" and not ask for the regular translation.

Thank you.

Invitation is tricky.

Good.

Good job moving the goal post.

You seem to have a hard time with differentiating subjective opinion from objective facts.

YOU believe that a small clan with strict requirement is the only mean of gathering quality player, where as statistically, a larger clan WILL have a bigger pool of all kind.

You also have a warped definition of effort. How do you judge effort? By the sheer amount of hours each clan contributed? In that case the bigger clan rightfully dwarf the lesser ones.

Thank you.

Invitation is tricky.

Good.

It is no problem, really.

Right now even knowing the right place wont help. We have a bit of a 'sekrit club' thing going right now and we've closed up faster then Madagascar after hearing a sneeze.

You are still not correct, because even if you knew where you also have to spot how. I'm not even kidding. You can't just show up and say "Beam me up scotty.". We are specific. Only someone who knows us could get in. You are a Warbro before you join, not after.

We aren't inviting anyone and we never have been. Our recruitment has actually tapered just a bit in the past month or so because practically everyone who knows how to join is joined up. Such is the fate of any clan like ours. 

As for the others, yeah man. You may be right. But that still leaves the entire discussion hanging on the issue that Warbros - despite being pretty much as big as it is gonna get - destroyed people who ARE openly recruiting anyone who asks. 

Trust me man, you aren't insulting anyone. The turn out is just us trying to give you an idea of where we are at on this. We take pride in being able to beat the odds. 

See dis? -v

^- It's the line. It ended there.

Thank you.

Invitation is tricky.

Good.

Posting in the right place used to mean that you were part of Warbros already. Now it means nothing so nobody is getting in anymore. We literally only want Warbros to get into Warbros, not anyone else.

A developer is aware of this thread, but he is restricted to a specific part of the website, so he is going to forward my request to close this thread and I think it will be closed soon with an official response, which will presumably contain that the developers took notice of this and I'm confident that they are going to find the best solution for everyone.

the best solution for everyone?

or the best solution for you to save face?

the best solution for everyone?

or the best solution for you to save face?

I doubt that the developers base their decisions on the impact that they are going to have on my "face" on the website, so I'm quiet confident that they are going to implement the best solution for everyone from their point of view. That's my last words regarding this topic. The developers are aware of the obvious problem and it's up to them to decide what to do about it.

I doubt that the developers base their decisions on the impact that they are going to have on my "face" on the website, so I'm quiet confident that they are going to implement the best solution for everyone from their point of view. That's my last words regarding this topic. The developers are aware of the obvious problem and it's up to them to decide what to do about it.

Remind me of this obvious problem.

Is it clan size or clan representation on leaderboards?

If it's the former, you're still calling out the big clans because you weren't in one. If it's the latter it got already addressed by Steve so your point has been moot since that leaderboard thread was made.

Now this is some damage control. No, there are still questions involved even if the person is in the right place. You wouldn't know this, though, as you simply made everything up.

You used to be able to join as long as you posted your in-game name, yes.

It's currently closed though.

I will leave the two of you to decide on your clan's inner workings and consider my question in regards of warbros answered.

I consider it proven that the great majority of the top 10 does no filtering and is in the top list only due to mass invites. Warbros with its "ask at the right place" is a refreshing change, but doesnt really refute what i have said either.

Never the less, its good to see that the #1 has at least some standards.

In regards of the topic, i can only underline it once more:

Mass inviting > everything

Quantity > Quality

And this does present an issue. No matter how you look at it.

The big clans will proceed to grow even bigger with each successful event they are participating in, and will make creating new clans obsolete altogether.

Edited by Aerensiniac

Okay how about we go from this point since the topic has changed focus some since the OP?

1.  Some feel that no matter what, all clans should be rewarded on combined individual player basis.

2.  Some feel that clans should be rewarded in different brackets (same rewards in each?) based on population on combined individual player basis.

3.  Others like the OP feel that clans should be rewarded based on a ratio of contribution per player out of total population (contribute divided by players).

From my personal experience in both very small and extremely large clans/guilds/etc, I would have to say that number 3 provides the most fair interpretation of results from CvC and Operations competitions.

If you have 10,000 members in your clan and kill say 100,000 MOAs, then you would have a 10:1 ratio, which really isn't that great.

However, if you have 20 members in your clan and kill 100,000 MOAs, then you would have a 500:1 ratio, which is much more impressive.

Inflate numbers as desired.