Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Fiber (Armor) And Redirection(Shield) Mods Are (Too) Plain?

SolidAcid

It feels like using a these mod is a bit plain, since warframes only have one armor type but enemies have multiple.

So why could we be able to "mix" for the right way to aproach a particular enemy?

(edit: think about a Sinew and alloy -armored, Proto-shielded Saryn for example...or should there be a wider arrange of armor/shield mods?) 

What do you guys think?

Edited by SolidAcid

I think that would be nice. So tank frames like Rhino, Frost, Valkyr could have Armor before health, instead of Shields. And this Armor mod would increase it. 

Its easy to change and that would make this frames much more viable.

I think having just redirection will be fine since Proto-Shields are a direct upgrade from regular Shields. Armor on the other hand could afford some different variants.

Also all frames have different powers granted by the intereaction with the Void. Its logical that they rely on different types of defense. 

Some casters perfer to use their Void energy as a barrier (Quick Thinking + Flow)

Some use high shields (like Mag or Volt)

Only tanks dont have anything special except armor rating and health. I think Armor above health is a good idea.

There is an overlay shield as an addition to your shield, but it feels more like an excuse, rather than a feature.

I think not only there should be more types of armor(could be organic, man made, or w/e you can think of), but also the connection in between. An organic shield could cause extra shield recharge, while rubedo armor could add resillience.

Love the idea!

Would be interesting if Armour gave warframe a nullifer esque damage cap to their health, that no matter how large of damage the warframe is going to take a certain amount to their HP. The cap would take into consideration the frames HP and be inversely proportional to it. Example 15 Armour can have HP damage cap be say -1000, but 400 Armour would reduce it to around 300. This ofcourse is perhit. So it can still easily be destroyed but it would last MUCH longer because it you won't ever be oneshot.

Would be interesting if Armour gave warframe a nullifer esque damage cap to their health, that no matter how large of damage the warframe is going to take a certain amount to their HP. The cap would take into consideration the frames HP and be inversely proportional to it. Example 15 Armour can have HP damage cap be say -1000, but 400 Armour would reduce it to around 300. This ofcourse is perhit. So it can still easily be destroyed but it would last MUCH longer because it you won't ever be oneshot.

i guess that's a quite radical change of mechanics, but i guess i'd like that too :P

so how about a mechanic like how quick thinking works? Then more like when reaching (lets say) 10%HP you gain a 2 seconds invulnerbillity and/or invisibility, which can only occur once every X Secs or gives you a debuff or something?

There is an overlay shield as an addition to your shield, but it feels more like an excuse, rather than a feature.

I think not only there should be more types of armor(could be organic, man made, or w/e you can think of), but also the connection in between. An organic shield could cause extra shield recharge, while rubedo armor could add resillience.

Love the idea!

Synergy mods between Shields, Health and Armor?

Will add in more staple mods and make modding for different factions more tedious than already is. I think this would be a bad idea. I do think the current shiedl and armor system needs a look at , but this is not the answer.

I think that overall concept of the armor and shields must be reworked to make some sence. For example i found it strange that shields are good against puncture damage but slashing and impact damage easily penetrate them... or heavy thick greneer armor is bad against arrows? seriously? - it doesent make any sence, because arrows must stuck in thick armor doing to the wearer only light scratces, but they must easily penetrate through shields, which are supposed to be good against energy based and srapnel/slash weapons.

Also i have noticed very little difference in warframe's armor wether it is 65 armor 190 armor or 600 armor the survivability is the same and depends mostly on Shields/Health pull.

Edited by Grom-84

Hopefully all of this will get a rework for Focus and Parkour 2.0.

I'd sincerely love a way to boost my armor on Valkyr further, for example switching to ferrite armor but at the same time getting boost to the overall figure, while also having to stay away from certain damage types.

I find it odd that "survivability" mods are considered staples. Only frames that have them in my arsenal are flat tank frames like Valkyr or Rhino. And Rhino only has Redirection/Vigor, While Valkyr has Vigor, Vitality and Steel Fiber. I really love planning out my mods before a battle, adds a bit of strategy to the game. Adding more types of each that have pros and cons would be glorious.

However, then one would have to consider how mods would work with this.

>> What do you guys think? <<

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

Right, so, you have your warframe and it's got armor on it. Armor reduces the damage you take to your health. The thickness of armor varies by frame. The thing is, armor is basically irrelevant for every frame except Valkyr because she's the only one that has enough armor that it affects her play style. Armor is also boring because you can't change it or do anything with it. It's just there.

So....  Armor mod slot!  Put it next to the Aura slot.

* Every frame has an armor multiplier instead of a flat value, so a light frame like Nova might have 100% armor while a heavy frame like Frost might have 300%.

* The actual thickness of your armor is determined by the rank of your armor mod; more ranks, better protection.  Because of the individual frame multiplier, tough warframes either get much more protection, or the same amount of protection for less cost;  light warframes can get some decent protection but it will cost.

* Instead of costing mod points, armor costs you mobility.  This is your speed, stamina regeneration, and casting speed.

* Armor comes in multiple kinds that have different effects, so we can get those incredibly poor protection mods out of the general pool.  So you might have "laser reflective" armor that rolls in the damage reduction from laser weapons, "insulated" armor that protects you from fire, etc.  Also opens the door for armor that offers unique properties, like "chameleon armor" that makes invisibility effects last longer.

and what about a Armor mods that gives "+ base Armor (addition)" rather than x Base armor (multiplier)?

Yeah, I've begged for that a couple of times now.  I envision it being a corrupted mod that gives a nice chunk of base armor that other mods and abilities can build off...   but it reduces your speed.

Yeah, I've begged for that a couple of times now.  I envision it being a corrupted mod that gives a nice chunk of base armor that other mods and abilities can build off...   but it reduces your speed.

so you just would like to have Base armor? What about different armor types?

I agree there should be more options to it while not making it too explicit. What I mean is it shouldn't be too neccessary to change your defense for each faction every time you do a mission.

well why not add a "Chassis" "Systems" and "helmet" loadout per warframe?

-Helmets are there for Radar/senses

-Chassis is there to anhance armor/health/shield/stamina ratings

-Systems are for powers 

and i think it's better to gear up differently against different factions, since i don't like the idea of a one shot killing, unkillable tank for everything :/

so you just would like to have Base armor? What about different armor types?

Having a corrupted mod to add base armor would be "good".

Having an entire armor system like my earlier post outlined, with variable thickness at the cost of agility and multiple kinds of armor, would be "awesome".