Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reflex Guard Not Working As Client. [Old, Yet Not Fixed Bug - Video And Info Inside]

Allenaattori

Hello DE

I'm not sure if this bug was reported already in the past as I saw no recent results when I searched.

Like the title says the warframe mod Reflex Guard simply does not trigger when I am the client, and trust me, it is annoying because it's one hell of useful mod for melee focused gameplay.

And since I can't afford playing as the host (except solo mode which I never enjoy) due to my super slow internet, this bothers me even more.

However I recorded two bits of gameplay that show what happens when I'm playing as the host and then as client.

(In both parts the mod is equipped and max rank, along with the other mods I generally use that you can see before the mission)

....I would say thanks for your attention but better not......

Edited by CookingFood

• 2 weeks later...

When you're playing as a client you can still hear the "ding" sound effects when you block bullets. The reflex coil mod is still technically working but without the sword blocking animation and is very unreliable since you block some but a lot still goes through you. 

My build too is focus around melee and reflex coil is one of my key mods as it lets me block bullets that would otherwise kill me, even if i'm low on stamina or have my gun equipped.

This should be fix since the mod is not properly doing what its supposed to do which is to block the bloody Bullets.

Please fix it DE.

When you're playing as a client you can still hear the "ding" sound effects when you block bullets. The reflex coil mod is still technically working but without the sword blocking animation and is very unreliable since you block some but a lot still goes through you. 

My build too is focus around melee and reflex coil is one of my key mods as it lets me block bullets that would otherwise kill me, even if i'm low on stamina or have my gun equipped.

This should be fix since the mod is not properly doing what its supposed to do which is to block the bloody Bullets.

Please fix it DE.

Hey it's Reflex Guard, not Reflex Coil (that's a melee weapon mod ).

Though yes, you're right. You described what I tried to show in the video.

No, better internet doesn't fix it. My wife connected to my game, sitting at a computer literally 2 inches from my computer on a LAN with no firewalls on either computer, on a 30mbps down / 6mbps up WAN connection. We both have the mod with mine at 30% and hers at 45%.

Did a void mission with just the two of us in an empty room versus one guy, and it fails every single time. Tried with different weapons, tried with different frames, even tried with the mod slotted in different locations. 

As a client, it's pretty useless and it makes the *sound* but more than half the bullets get through despite hearing the active blocking sound effect. As a host, it works perfectly and next to no bullets make it through while the blocking animation is active. 

• 4 weeks later...

EMERGENCY BUMP!!!!

Wuuuut daaaaa hekkkkk!!!!

It's now totally not working in multiplayer. I had little to no lag and heavy gunners would pelt the living hek out of me. It was bearable before, but now I cant auto block anything.

Yes, I was a client but still!

Even if I have my melee equipped no blocking happens.

Pls fix, pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls!

T~T

EDIT: It turns out that it still works as before (still broken though as a lot still passes through you) the only problem is that the "ding" sound effects doesn't play specifically on the Scindo Pr.

I tried the Dex Dakra and had that "ding" sound when blocking bullets so its a sound problem.

Nonetheless the mod is still buggy when you're a client. So pls fix DE.

Edited by H.Katsura_999