Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Team-Focused Warframe Abilities

-Thresher-

While it may be awesome having 4 Rambos powering through missions with their nukes, several posts on the forum have mentioned the dynamic and exciting game play brought about by having more ally-orientated abilities. What follows are some thoughts to transform some underappreciated abilities to something more team-focused. I tried to include an improvement for all frames, but I couldn’t come up with anything for Banshee, Excalibur or Rhino (would love to hear your ideas!).

Ash’s Teleport – instead of teleporting Ash, this ability creates a temporary wormhole from Ash’s current location to the target location for all allies to use

Utility: Makes Ash more useful during Defence mission, as he can help teleport the team from one area to the cryopod. This also helps slower Warframes bypass their movement limitations on all other maps.

Ember’s Fire Blast – partial ranged-damage reduction for allies in the ring (similar to Snow Globe)

Utility: Although this ability may see more use than some of her others, I thought this change would allow Ember to be more viable and helpful on Defence missions/reviving teammates/protecting the hostage from incoming fire.

Frost’s Freeze – in addition to what's stated, Freeze may also target teammates, granting brief invulnerability at the cost of disabling their attacks and movement

Utility: Perfect for encasing an ally who is an inch from death, as this allows them to recharge some of their shields in the heat of battle. It is also useful to protect an ally who has just been targeted by a boss’s rockets/missiles.

Loki’s Radial Disarm – in addition to the stated effect, Radial Disarm will strip away enemy armour and drain their shields; in this vulnerable state, affected enemies will receive additional damage from all sources

Utility: This could bring the highest level enemies in KO range for another Warframe’s nuke, making Loki a great team-player for later missions or higher waves on Defence. This could also remedy the concern that some Frames’ ultimates don’t scale well – this alteration to Radial Disarm effectively augments any nuke.

Mag’s Bullet Attractor – in addition to what's stated, Bullet Attractor may also target teammates – this would directly increase aggro toward the target ally

Utility: While this may seem counter-intuitive, it opens many possibilities. Used on a Frost under Snow globe/Volt behind Electric Shield, this ability draws incoming fire, which effectively frees the other members to safely... do whatever they want. Likewise when targeted at an Iron-Skinned Rhino. This also allows Mag to execute deadly combos with Nyx using absorb or Trinity using Link.

Limitation: May be used maliciously in pub games (or by an evil friend). Not as useful vs. Infested.

Nyx’s Psychic Bolts (or new ability) – instead of generic damage-dealing, Nyx channels her mind power to replenish a teammate’s energy reserves.

Details: Cost of 50 energy to restore 25 energy to an ally. Affected by Focus to restore a max of 40 energy.

Utility: Allows Nyx to be just as versatile in any game mode by acting as an energy reserve (e.g. for Saryn’s Venom during boss fights, Ember in Infested runs, Banshee’s Silence for continuous stealth game play).

Saryn’s Contagion – in addition to the stated effect, all allies in melee range of Saryn during her ability’s duration also gain the stated effect

Utility: True to its name, this toxic spread to allies' melee weapons greatly enhances team melee efficiency, and is perfect for teams built around close combat. Combos well with Iron-Skinned Rhinos or Invisible Ash/Loki.

Trinity’s Well Of Life (or new ability) – instead of using a lesser form of Blessing for a lower energy cost, Trinity is able to instantly revive a teammate at range

Utility: Adds to Trinity’s arsenal as a support frame, and covers for the teammate that a late Blessing has missed.

Volt’s Speed - in addition to what's stated, teammates bumped by a Volt using Speed gain a temporary boost in fire rate and reload speed for all of their weapons

Utility: Allows Volt to increase the teams DPS.

I think these suggestions would help encourage more cooperative play and allow frames to be more versatile in a variety of situations. What are your thoughts? Please feel free to post your suggestions too!

-Thresher-

Having some skills that could be more useful as a team and make some kind of combos with different skills from different Warframes is just an AWESOME IDEA.

In your example, hopefully Frost's freeze comes out to be useful yet not just a shared invulnerability. Having an advantage AND a disadvantage at the same time is a good way to get more fun without gettin' too much OP.

I most likely love the one with Mag, lots of combos with Nyx or Trinity.

I don't know all warframes yet but I'm not sure I'd take Contagion even if all my team mates were to get the buff but I do agree this would be funnier that way (if I were to use it).

Not sure how it should work out, but your ideas sounds quite cool so far.

Although I like many of these suggestions, some of them seem a little off.  Loki's Radial Disarm already does its job, knocking out weapons, and your version allows Loki to dash through enemies much quicker in solo play.  MAG's bullet attractor being applied on teammates can be used to troll, and the new Well of Life might not be used all that much since reviving isn't too difficult and many people will either immediately leave the room or revive themselves after death.

Although I like many of these suggestions, some of them seem a little off.  Loki's Radial Disarm already does its job, knocking out weapons, and your version allows Loki to dash through enemies much quicker in solo play.  MAG's bullet attractor being applied on teammates can be used to troll, and the new Well of Life might not be used all that much since reviving isn't too difficult and many people will either immediately leave the room or revive themselves after death.

I was thinking about expanding Loki's role to make him more versatile in the late-game. He's already a great solo rusher, so I thought having a part of his ultimate being able to prime other frames for massive damage would make him just as potent as his fellow Tenno. Yeah, those abilities for Mag and Trinity would have limitations.

Having some skills that could be more useful as a team and make some kind of combos with different skills from different Warframes is just an AWESOME IDEA.

In your example, hopefully Frost's freeze comes out to be useful yet not just a shared invulnerability. Having an advantage AND a disadvantage at the same time is a good way to get more fun without gettin' too much OP.

I most likely love the one with Mag, lots of combos with Nyx or Trinity.

I don't know all warframes yet but I'm not sure I'd take Contagion even if all my team mates were to get the buff but I do agree this would be funnier that way (if I were to use it).

Not sure how it should work out, but your ideas sounds quite cool so far.

Absolutely, abilities with an advantage and a disadvantage would make for more interesting game play. Abilities that work best in certain situations while sucking in others would encourage smarter play. 

Thanks for all the feedback, my idea for Frost was actually inspired by the Crystallize ability in Sonny 2!

I can't say I'd like Frost's freeze to be reworked like that, just seems like it'd open up all sorts of possibilities for annoying your team.

I mean, you'd start seeing things like:

*freeze*

"FROST-"

*freeze*

"STOP-"

*freeze*

"FREEZING-"

*freeze*

"ME"