Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A very simple way to enhance play: add a very rare chance to find rare items in lockers/crates.

Zakalwe

Curently, opening lockers is and smashing crates is pretty dull. The sounds they make are satisfying, but we know what we're going to get from them every time so it's never very exciting.

A very simple way to take advantage of the addictive nature of fans of this type of game would be to add a chance to find everything, including orokin reactors/catalysts and even blueprints Just make the really good stuff super rare so it won't affect the store and other areas.

These little moments of anticipation and excitement build on top of one another and add up to a very addictive experience: think of other loot based games such as BLs and Diablo, it's a very effective way to get people hooked.

Something like:

The vast majority of crates and lockers will give what they give currently.

Every now and then, one will drop a mod or low level component.

VERY, VERY rarely one will drop a blueprint or rare component or maybe even a small amount of platinum!

To elaborate:

One: it'd be nice to have an extra chance to find this stuff even if it's very slight. Plus it's always exciting when opening chests in games if there's even a slight chance of finding those rare items.

Two: it's a little fun contest going for the storage lockers and crates, this would add a little urgency.

Three: I like to explore the ship, and often once the final event has been triggered, everyone legs it to extraction. This is frustrating especially when you come across a two man door and no-one's left to open it. Perhaps this would encourage complete exploration.

OR

Add a new locker type, with another colour, say Yellow.

Add keycards to the store for xxxx credits each.

Yellow lockers require key cards to open, yellow lockers can be opened once each by each player.

These lockers have the chance to drop a rare item.Would add a money sink and another chance to find some good loot!

----------------------------------------------------

Remember: the idea behind this suggestion is not to increase the chance of getting rare drops. You'd make it rare enough that it really wouldn't matter. The point is that the slim chance you could find something would add excitement to opening lockers and smashing crates and would enhance the gameplay experience with minimal effort (in design at least, no idea what it would take to code).

-----------------------------------------------------

What do you guys and gals reckon?

Edited by Zakalwe

As a fellow loot@#&*( and exploration completionist, I have to agree with this, even if it is a ridiculously low drop rate.

The way chests are at this point, unless you are are just starting out, or using an ammo-hog of a weapon, you can mostly ignore them. I only check them now if I'm low on HP, or they're right in front of me.

Somewhat unrelated, but ammo drops could probably use a tweak, too. When using a shotgun, I never come anywhere close to running out of shells. Today's buff to pistol ammo should help out a lot, especially for running the Spy missions alone. It really breaks the action to have to drop the intel, clear the room with your Primary, and go find it again.

Edited by Faulty

"Orokin reactors/catalysts" shouldn't be dropable but you have to respect that they are on the alerts for a reason.

Blueprints I don't really mind apart from the alert ones because hey... they are from alerts and random etc keeping them kinda hard to get.

but I agree the lockers atm are a waste of time because the credits you get arn't alot and the mods you drop are worth the whole map just for a really crappy one but good luck on this topic i'll be watching.

"Orokin reactors/catalysts" shouldn't be dropable but you have to respect that they are on the alerts for a reason.

Blueprints I don't really mind apart from the alert ones because hey... they are from alerts and random etc keeping them kinda hard to get.

but I agree the lockers atm are a waste of time because the credits you get arn't alot and the mods you drop are worth the whole map just for a really crappy one but good luck on this topic i'll be watching.

Cheers!

And it won't affect alerts if the chance is low enough. Just make it really, really rare!

Edited by Zakalwe

I was thinking about the same thing yesterday. Why do I always run to a locker when I KNOW there's nothing of value there.

Please, make them more important, right now they are just... There.

Edited by Thorin

I was thinking about the same thing yesterday. Why do I always run to a licker when I KNOW there's nothing of value there.

Please, make them more important, right now they are just... There.

I have a completionist OCD complex... it's why I love games like Warframe.

REWARD ME FOR MY DEFECT DEVS!

:D

Oroking catalist\generator already as rare drop for daily reward. In my opinion it's more than enough. Putting anything rare into lockers would turn game into endless grind of easy stages on all planets. Only way is mods. Mods is pretty acceptable drop for lockers and barrels.

Oroking catalist\generator already as rare drop for daily reward. In my opinion it's more than enough. Putting anything rare into lockers would turn game into endless grind of easy stages on all planets. Only way is mods. Mods is pretty acceptable drop for lockers and barrels.

How would it? It it's rare enough it wouldn't be worth grinding the lockers, but would make opening them while on a mission worthwhile.

There's no way I'd grind easy missions for a very, very rare chance to find this stuff. I doubt many would either when there would still be so many more lucrative ways.

That would be nice indeed, atm opening lockers is not really exciting...

Exactly! Adding a little excitement would be a very simple and easy way to play to the ocd nature of many of us dungeon crawler fans, and would definitely help with keeping us hooked.

I think the occasional mod drop from lockers would be sufficient incentive to open them. Blueprints and especially reactors/catalysts would be way too much. Not even bosses drop those at the moment.

Again, if it were rare enough it wouldn't be too much.

Let mods drop more often, and the blueprintes and other rares drop VERY rarely. The simple chance that they might drop will add a lot to the excitment of opening them, and making them that rare would balance the fact they drop entirely.

Remember, this is less about getting more drops and much more about adding a little excitement and anticipation.

Edited by Zakalwe

Did you consider what it would add to the gameplay?

did you consider how much (for instance) ponies would add to the gameplay? right? silly question, there's a ton of things that will "add" to the gameplay in "some" way, you can't fit everything in this game, if you want money - empty the lockers, want common materials - crates and enemies, rare materials and blueprints - bosses, for me (personaly) it's quite nice when you can focus on the target that you're after and you know that what you're doing will result exactly in the way you expect it to, and not be chasing ones tail for a ghostly chance to "grind" out something interesting, this isn't legend of zelda, forget the treasure boxes in the way you know them, this is a "different" game

did you consider how much (for instance) ponies would add to the gameplay? right? silly question, there's a ton of things that will "add" to the gameplay in "some" way, you can't fit everything in this game, if you want money - empty the lockers, want common materials - crates and enemies, rare materials and blueprints - bosses, for me (personaly) it's quite nice when you can focus on the target that you're after and you know that what you're doing will result exactly in the way you expect it to, and not be chasing ones tail for a ghostly chance to "grind" out something interesting, this isn't legend of zelda, forget the treasure boxes in the way you know them, this is a "different" game

You missed the point.

And I find it funny you mentin grind that way when the entire game is about grind in one form or another.

And no, this is not a "different game". This is a very basic dungeon crawler (with a very strong foundation, for sure) in beta and in need of a lot of development.

Edited by Zakalwe

You missed the point.

And I find it funny you mentin grind that way when the entire game is about grind in one form or another.

And no, this is not a "different game". This is a very basic dungeon crawler (with a very strong foundation, for sure) in beta and in need of a lot of development.

you will just have to deal with it, there will be no treasure boxes

Actually this was in the early beta phase, you had to break containers and open lockers to get rare and powerful mods, but it was removed (don't know why) and the enemies drop the mods instead, but would be great if the bring it back, this can promote the exploration in the levels

Edited by DeadlyShadow

Chill out, you stated your point that it was fine how it is ff7fan. Other people think it needs a bit more and you should respect their opinion. Try to find a medium where we all can be satisfied and steer the developers into the right direction because I think this is a first for some of them in this genre.

I'd like a chance of something like a blue mod or blue print or rare material like a control cicuit to pop out of a container or locker. I'd thought it was like this originally due to one of the tips on loading screen saying something like "Search the entire level for a chance at finding rare mods" or something like that.

Yep, I'm on the bandwagon for this. Adding some different stuff to the lockers would be a great incentive to keep people from rushing maps. Even if it's an extremely unlikely drop, the possibility alone will make people think twice before running past everything.