Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A very simple way to enhance play: add a very rare chance to find rare items in lockers/crates.

Zakalwe

I'd like a chance of something like a blue mod or blue print or rare material like a control cicuit to pop out of a container or locker. I'd thought it was like this originally due to one of the tips on loading screen saying something like "Search the entire level for a chance at finding rare mods" or something like that.

You can already find the rarest materials in containers or lockers. It's just more rare than the common

About the only supposedly rare mat I found in lockers is Morphics (provided rare mats are just the ones that only drop in a quantity of 1) and... they dropped almost everywhere when I was doing missions on that planet. The other 1 drop mats for crafting I've only gotten from bosses. :/

Cheers guys!

Interesting to know the early beta had rare items in the lockers and crates, I wonder why they removed it. Would love to hear the resonaing from one of the devs if they're reading this?

It's not too difficult to guess why. It would slow down gameplay quite a bit if everyone in every game had to open every locker and smash every container if they wanted mods instead of just getting them from killing enemies. As it is right now, you only need to check lockers and containers if you're running low on ammo and energy. It feels much more like the quick smash and grab operation that it should. The only reason to check every locker as it stands is if you haven't been playing long and need credits or crafting materials.

Edited by Sealgaire

It's not too difficult to guess why. It would slow down gameplay quite a bit if everyone in every game had to open every locker and smash every container if they wanted mods instead of just getting them from killing enemies. As it is right now, you only need to check lockers and containers if you're running low on ammo and energy. It feels much more like the quick smash and grab operation that it should. The only reason to check every locker as it stands is if you haven't been playing long and need credits or crafting materials.

I wouldn't say it would slow gameplay that much. I've been in groups where everyone was mad for lockers and crates, andf the game progressed just fine.

Saying that, I fully agree that mobs should drop something. Gives further incentive to kill everything that moves.

So maybe keep mods for mobs.

Very small chance of blueprints and/or rare componants from lockers and crates.

Edited by Zakalwe

I wouldn't say it would slow gameplay that much. I've been in groups where everyone was mad for lockers and crates, andf the game progressed just fine.

Having played many many missions where people have done the same, I have to strongly disagree. I don't hold it against people, but having to wait for them to clean out a room before moving on to the next and doing it again gets a little old.

Having played many many missions where people have done the same, I have to strongly disagree. I don't hold it against people, but having to wait for them to clean out a room before moving on to the next and doing it again gets a little old.

That's what crates are for. You're going to get that regardless of whether they take this option or not. For example: I will always loot the enitre room before moving on, but I'd hope my combat proficency would make up for it (I almost always come out on top with most kills and heashots and loot).

I like the idea of adding to the need for exploration, too. There's nothing worse for me than rushing through missions just to complete them.

Edited by Zakalwe

"Orokin reactors/catalysts" shouldn't be dropable but you have to respect that they are on the alerts for a reason.

Blueprints I don't really mind apart from the alert ones because hey... they are from alerts and random etc keeping them kinda hard to get.

but I agree the lockers atm are a waste of time because the credits you get arn't alot and the mods you drop are worth the whole map just for a really crappy one but good luck on this topic i'll be watching.

Except alerts really aren't all that random. All players get the same exact alerts with same rewards at the same time.

Edited by Aggh

I'd like a chance of something like a blue mod or blue print or rare material like a control cicuit to pop out of a container or locker. I'd thought it was like this originally due to one of the tips on loading screen saying something like "Search the entire level for a chance at finding rare mods" or something like that.

That would be nice.