Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[ Faction Concept! ]The Insect System... Tenno Lets Take This System Back From The Bugs!

pdxdubin

Watch this video, it explains it all.. thanks Kahruvel..

thanks..

I really want this now.. it looks like so much dam fun...

especially a whole bunch of flying bugs in an open map..

DE you should totally do this!

There's also this thing called "having some class" which makes this unlikely - the makers seem big on this "far-future posthuman conflict" theme - plus the setting *does* seem to try and maintain a certain veneer of basic plausibility, near-magical superscience or no.

I want to slap you with a bag of marshmallows.

Nooo it would have to be a specific planet or something in the system.

Where you fight on the surface to take the planet over from bugs!

It dose not have to blend in with ships or anything.

Unless they are space bugs and they like are able to invade into maps and attack everything mid game.

Like imagine playing a defence mission on xini, and bugs break through the windows and start killing everything >XD

That's the Tenno, more or less, you know... that is assuming the Orokin weren't ancient history already during the bygone "Tenno era", but it doesn't sound like that to me.

The unknown extrasolar species the Orokin apparently created the Infestation against might be a possibility, but since that'd more or less amount to a decent-shaped interstellar empire rolling onto the scene of post-apocalyptic interplanetary infighting it'd be sort of hard to make the narrative work...

My bet? More human factions; the current "system maps" presumably only include sites of "mission interest" to the Tenno after all, there's a LOT of space to inhabit in the solar system given the general tech level.

Unless the buggers are capable of normal sexual reproduction - which seems unlikely - then their numbers are "hard capped" by the number of lifeforms that can contract the Infestation and more can only be created by finding more hosts. Given the weird "techno-organic" character of the Technocyte Infestation (full machines are apparently more or less immune, which incidentally makes one wonder why the Corpus haven't driven the critters to near extinction long ago with their killer robot armies...) I'm guessing they repurpose the life-support systems and supply stores of overrun ships and whatnots to sustain themselves, which some have apparently done for centuries...

...but in practice, Don't Think Too Much About It. "Creepy critter" types like these aren't very good at surviving rigorous examination once people start asking inconvenient things like "so what do they eat out there in the void?" or "why haven't these ships fallen apart yet since no decent maintenance?"...

Posted Today, 03:50 PM

Seraphim_ZA, on 10 May 2013 - 3:48 PM, said:snapback.png

Think giant bugs.

Like the one from here but less human and more like the collectors from the Mass Effect series.

I would say the giant bugs could be like ancients, that kinda controll all the little and kinda big bugs that fly around!

LETS DO THIS

Edited by pdxdubin

would it be cool yea sure it would if done right.

have i ever heard of such rumors....nope never ever have i heard this. if so cool if not oh well.

i belive the webs you see could be tossed up to humans being turned to infected though after all look at them all the infected are human, ALL.

those dogs arent dogs they were once human.

do you know what they eat......nope no one does they are trapped on a ship alone with no food, water, or anything......the stuff on the ground me and my friend always called it infected poop. no idea if it is but sure makes since lol.

A hive intellect insect alien faction would be a good addition to the game.  Endless possibilities, heck the alien invasion practically writes itself. they could even use mostr of the animation sets fromt eh infested, and the eggs could even function like the bombs that the corpus osprey

I would also like to see the "sentient" faction re-discovered, considering they almost put the orokin out of business.

Me and a few other people have been hearing alot of talk about one of the new factions being an insect infested solar system.

Where planets and ships are overrun by insects, "starship troupers style?"

Some members noticed that on a few infested levels, and i think grineer, there are spider web looking decorations ,scatterd throughout the map on the walls.  

That is where the discussion started.

I Actually think Killing insects would be pretty dam fun, i can imagine a bunch of ninja fighting giant bugs.. 

Kinda reminds me of that anime that is currently airing =P

This anime >XD

15isreC.jpg

So yea guys, don't you think that shooting bugs and squashing them with your fragor would be a pretty satisfying enemy to fight against?

Imagine the defense missions o,O

Can't tell if more or less gross than the Infested, and/or more or less creepy.

would it be cool yea sure it would if done right.

have i ever heard of such rumors....nope never ever have i heard this. if so cool if not oh well.

i belive the webs you see could be tossed up to humans being turned to infected though after all look at them all the infected are human, ALL.

those dogs arent dogs they were once human.

do you know what they eat......nope no one does they are trapped on a ship alone with no food, water, or anything......the stuff on the ground me and my friend always called it infected poop. no idea if it is but sure makes since lol.

I forgot to mention that the rumor started in our clan between 100 people or so 

=P

But after i looked at the webs on the map i figured it might be some sort of teaser or something, who knows =P

I mean they had that orokin easter egg on taht one map, im sure their are others.  

IM FULLY SUPPORT THE NEW RACE, BUT GUESSING SOME HARD THING WHEN FACING THESE BUG MIGHT HAPPEN WOULD BE NOT A BAD THING TOO

1/ Flying unit: These Bastard are already annoying as Suppoter (Corpus supporting Staregy) now their are in Atk and Support role too....

2/ Crawing: On te wall, up the ceeling, in the dark, under the hold....Bug, BUG everywhere. Since they are bug,small and fast are they strong point, AKA: Roller- God father (Grinner co-op staregy)

3/ Pack: Go with a hugh amount of insert squad, to make sue you waste as much bullet, health ,enegy as possible to survive the first squad... till u die cause of endless wave of insert ( Infector Atk staregy)

IM FULLY SUPPORT THE NEW RACE, BUT GUESSING SOME HARD THING WHEN FACING THESE BUG MIGHT HAPPEN WOULD BE NOT A BAD THING TOO

1/ Flying unit: These Bastard are already annoying as Suppoter (Corpus supporting Staregy) now their are in Atk and Support role too....

2/ Crawing: On te wall, up the ceeling, in the dark, under the hold....Bug, BUG everywhere. Since they are bug,small and fast are they strong point, AKA: Roller- God father (Grinner co-op staregy)

3/ Pack: Go with a hugh amount of insert squad, to make sue you waste as much bullet, health ,enegy as possible to survive the first squad... till u die cause of endless wave of insert ( Infector Atk staregy)

Yea i can imagine trying to survive an attack by 100's of those egyptian beetle things you know?

Like from "The Mummy"  movies =P

Hearing rumors ? 

Lol

No rumors really - there was a topic a long time ago about the webbing but only a handful of people said anything about insects in the topic.

I think thats just infested related stuff.

Wasn't that just a visual glitch? People in that thread said it would be cool if we got spiders.

The staff themselves have never said a single thing about insects or single enemy type in an already existing faction. They have been talking about new factions entirely.

Edited by FatalX7

Wasn't that just a visual glitch? People in that thread said it would be cool if we got spiders.

The staff themselves have never said a single thing about insects or single enemy type in an already existing faction. They have been talking about new factions entirely.

Yea but they are adding new factions.  Like the orokin?

Insects just goes so perfect with warframe, you know they will do it =D

I reckon they eat each other.  And you should be grateful they do or there would be millions of the buggers!  **shudder**

Yea but they are adding new factions.  Like the orokin?

That's the Tenno, more or less, you know... that is assuming the Orokin weren't ancient history already during the bygone "Tenno era", but it doesn't sound like that to me.

The unknown extrasolar species the Orokin apparently created the Infestation against might be a possibility, but since that'd more or less amount to a decent-shaped interstellar empire rolling onto the scene of post-apocalyptic interplanetary infighting it'd be sort of hard to make the narrative work...

My bet? More human factions; the current "system maps" presumably only include sites of "mission interest" to the Tenno after all, there's a LOT of space to inhabit in the solar system given the general tech level.

I reckon they eat each other.  And you should be grateful they do or there would be millions of the buggers!  **shudder**

Unless the buggers are capable of normal sexual reproduction - which seems unlikely - then their numbers are "hard capped" by the number of lifeforms that can contract the Infestation and more can only be created by finding more hosts. Given the weird "techno-organic" character of the Technocyte Infestation (full machines are apparently more or less immune, which incidentally makes one wonder why the Corpus haven't driven the critters to near extinction long ago with their killer robot armies...) I'm guessing they repurpose the life-support systems and supply stores of overrun ships and whatnots to sustain themselves, which some have apparently done for centuries...

...but in practice, Don't Think Too Much About It. "Creepy critter" types like these aren't very good at surviving rigorous examination once people start asking inconvenient things like "so what do they eat out there in the void?" or "why haven't these ships fallen apart yet since no decent maintenance?"...

Edited by Viridias

My understanding of the Technocyte is that it doesn't need an organic host and can infect machines as well.

Unless they are space bugs and they like are able to invade into maps and attack everything mid game.

Like imagine playing a defence mission on xini, and bugs break through the windows and start killing everything >XD

Infested are too much like bugs already...

We need a lizard or frog-like race that focus primarily on low troop count, but tough-as-nails fighters.

Multi-point bad guys with 2-3 weakspots that can be disabled (break the leg, then break the arm, then blow up the head)

The ratio would be 1 of these guys would = 4 or so Grineer

This would mean that taking down one of those guys would take as long and as much ammo as a group of Grineer, or two Grineer heavies.

Infested are too much like bugs already...

We need a lizard or frog-like race that focus primarily on low troop count, but tough-as-nails fighters.

Multi-point bad guys with 2-3 weakspots that can be disabled (break the leg, then break the arm, then blow up the head)

The ratio would be 1 of these guys would = 4 or so Grineer

This would mean that taking down one of those guys would take as long and as much ammo as a group of Grineer, or two Grineer heavies.

I like that idea too.

But the insects would be like half of the infested size but more numbers.

Like 1 Charger would = 10 spiders or space roaches.

They will be weak, but able to widdle down your health fast in groups. 

I like that idea too.

But the insects would be like half of the infested size but more numbers.

Like 1 Charger would = 10 spiders or space roaches.

They will be weak, but able to widdle down your health fast in groups. 

An army of Roller-sized fast moving bad guys? Oh the nightmares... Hehe

My understanding of the Technocyte is that it doesn't need an organic host and can infect machines as well.

From the stickied "Lore" thread: "Automatons are not directly affected by the plague. - Warframe"

So, yeah.

Plus all the Infested you see in the game were more or less clearly once human; no "turned" MOAs in sight for example. Similarly the basic machinery and whatnot of the ships and stations appears unaffected by the Infestation, save for the peculiar presumably more-or-less organic "undergrowth" growing on floors.

(Okay there are those odd red "fly swarms" in the Infested levels, but God only knows what the Hell THEY are or do...)

Note that some of the Infested-related components, such as Plastids, seem to suggest the stuff works on at least some kinds of plastic... but this doesn't mean much, given that plastics are basically hydrocarbons and there's no principal reason why living organisms couldn't produce them; astrobiologists theorize larger "super Titans" with enough gravity to keep the necessary volatiles in their atmosphere - "petrochemical worlds" - could well host life based around such complex polymers in the real universe.

Well the post I was responding to was discussing the Infested you know...

But anyways.

The problem with *your* idea is that these'd have to be Earth bugs or at least some derivation thereof - AFAIK there are no confirmed aliens in the game universe beyond the nebulous "sentients" the Orokin had an interstellar war with in the distant past, and those clearly aren't to be found inside the Sol system (duh; if they'd been able to get troops as far as their opponent's home system there's only one way the war could have ended by that point).

And Earthling bugs alas don't fit the bill *at all* due to a number of structural limitations; not to mention that every other terrestrial object in the system is smaller and lower-gravity than Terra, which doesn't exactly lend itself to somehow evolving into big bruisers robust enough to have some kind of resistance to advanced firearms... more like, low gravity produces fragile spindly things.

Edited by Viridias