Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"?" reward alerts

Cleverbird

I've heard that these type of rewards might give you blueprints or an artifact, but in all my time playing I've never seen such an Alert mission come by.

Are these rare or something? Or do these only occur at high level planets (I'm up to Mars now)?

I want my heat sword!

Supposedly the Pluto Boss can drop a variety of blueprints for melee weapons (Dark and Plasma swords IIRC). The only 2 rewards I've gotten from "?" alerts is Heat Sword Blueprints and Jaw Sword Blueprints. I would really like more "?" alerts because with RNG dictating what I get it could be forever until I get an Artifact let alone Energy Siphon.

Unranked the Heat Sword is practically indistinguishable from the starting Skana so you may be disappointed.

Edited by Baldur

Pluto boss does not drop sword blueprints anymore. Bosses only drop warframe blueprints (not sure about The Golem boss, dropped daggers). Alert missions with the '?' give you a chance to obtain a artifacts, sword, and orokin blueprints. Supposedly the chance of an alert mission having a question mark is 30%, but in my experience I think it is much lower. I must have done at least 30 - 40 alert missions and only 5 of them had the question mark. It very well could just be bad luck.

Alerts only show up for ships you have unlocked. The more unlocked missions, the more alerts you can receive.

Supposedly the Pluto Boss can drop a variety of blueprints for melee weapons (Dark and Plasma swords IIRC).

He drops Excalibur parts now.

Well, I kinda want the heat sword, because it looks like an upgrade from the cronus sword. It has a higher default attack speed, and a neat fire effect when you do the aerial attack

It's the only sword that beats the Chronus for regular swings - yet, it does less damage on a charge attack.

(not sure about The Golem boss, dropped daggers)

He drops Volt now, AFAIR.

Are these rare or something? Or do these only occur at high level planets (I'm up to Mars now)?

The more ships/missions around more planets you have unlocked (at least yellow), the more alerts you will receive. I get about two to three alerts per hour with the entire map unlocked.

I don't know if it's been mentioned here yet, but there's an Alert Mission group on Steam. When people see one pop up, they make a Steam Event so that it will pop up on your screen as long as you have Steam open. It's been very useful. Just search in communities for Warframe. It's like the 2nd one on the list. I haven't done any yet. They seem to pop up deeper into the outer planets most of the time. I haven't opened up those missions quite yet, so I don't see them. The one that was in an area I have open expired after alt-tabbing out of the game and getting distracted for 30 min lol