The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon: Literally Killing My Urge To Play

Drasiel

This is  not a complaint about rarity. This is not a complaint about the decay. This is a complaint about argon's single location and how everything I have an interest in building needs argon.

I have come to hate and despise the void. The whiteness, the gold, the nearly completely memorised tile set just makes me feel trapped and nauseous. I have been running the void since U8 for prime parts or to grab some extra spending for credits. Then came argon. Argon which sits on the same rarity as control modules. Control modules that drop like rain on the west coast of canada. Argon which cannot be hoarded. Argon which forces me to return again and again to the same exact tileset time and time again.

But Dras, I hear you say as I gently place my finger upon your lip and attempt to hush you, you are going to the void to get prime parts and credits anyways. Except I don't anymore. I have simply stopped attempting to level up rank 10 mods, I have stopped trying to breed the kubrow I always wanted, I have stopped before I ever even bothered starting trying to transmute anything, grinding the void for the credits to sustain or even just occasionally do these activities is completely undesirable for me. As for prime parts... I don't care.

Yes you heard that right. My bucket which used to be full of care and interest for Prime warframes is empty. I see a new prime come out and I go: *shrug*. I will not subject myself to that tileset for god only knows how many hours attempting to get a prime because it is no longer worth the awful feelings I get when I go near the void.

Which brings us to argon. F*** you argon. Just F*** You. Everything I manage or want to acquire lately from cosmetic hats to new warframes requires argon. Which means going back to the void. I hate you void. I really, really do. I used to love you, but that time has passed, absence makes the heart grow fonder but being forced to interact with something just makes you bitter and resentful.

Kroma is the one who broke the camels back. I have been slowly and happily completing the quest to acquire him. To build him requires I wait an additional 12 hours while I build a different warframe piece he somehow requires? Well I don't like that, but I'm willing to let it slide. Then I reached the systems and saw that it required 2 argon and I threw a goddamn tantrum.

One might wonder why I am sharing the onset of such a childish action but it's actually really important. This single resource caused me to throw a tantrum which means: my frustration when encountering it was so high it caused me to emotionally revert to the status of a child.

For the sake of my, and probably other's, mental well being could argon please be found somewhere else other than the void? That tileset is a crutch for endgame locations and it is burning us out one and all.

Luckily there are only a handful of things in the game that require Argon.

It used to drop regularly from Vay Hek, now he doesn't even drop Neurodes...

Also, totally agree on not caring about Prime items. They just aren't worth the trouble, and I really prefer the aesthetics of vanilla. The only reason I'd be tempted to try for the latest prime gear is to sell it at an absurdly high price.

Edited by AM-Bunny

That's why they plan to blow the void up and spread goodness all over the planets so its not a giant repetitive bore. As to when, who, why, how. *shrug*

I got it, since this is super orignal we will have some major even that will destory the world/planets changing alot of core game mechanics then they can brand it like it is something new...  They can call the update "World of Warframe : Cataclysm"

i have most of the argon stuff already so... for me there are too many argons, but i know how u feel

whenever i find argons i hate it cuz i dont have anything to do with it than building breeder cores

it would be cool to make something to preserve argons like some kind of craftable but expensive container to store them for longer

also it would be cool to drop argons at void traders console to get somet coins so they are not wasted

The implementation of expiring resources is an interesting tracker for like processes from a game design perspective. It also ties into feelings of identity and progress. When the possibility of eroding or expiring progress becomes part of the perceived game experience, the players are known to become distant and indifferent to the games progress. A lack of control over their progress leads to a feeling of trying to fill a hole-riddled bucket with water.

A player will not ask "What else did they have in mind, and how will their idea make me happy?" Instead they will say: "My progress was being taken away too many times already, I wonder what the next step in my degradation will be".

It is easy to see that forum threads like these are home-made stew. With a little more care about what people hold dear as freedoms in their game, DE could be playing a much better suit in my opinion.

The idea of Argon Crystals was cute enough initially, but at this point the novelty of time-limited resources really shouldn't be needed for how many things need them. It was by sheer luck earlier that I still had 2 remaining from my Void runs to try and grab the Prime pieces before they went away earlier, since Chroma Systems needs them.

I dont see the obsession with argon.  I get it so easily in the void like anyone else, but I dont see the need for it in crafting very often.  

Either that or I simply don't notice it.  Its not one of the rare crafting materials that Im starved for.

Yeah, I spent hours farming for the 2 Argon required for Chroma, and I hated every minute of it.  The feeling of hatred grew when I only got one in a mission, since that meant I had to continue farming or waste an Argon.  The only feeling I felt when I got the second Argon was physical illness.  As soon as the Systems were building, I Alt F4'd the game and went to play another game, a less frustrating game.

I cannot wait until the Void explodes.  I'm sick of that place.

I honestly hope void offers new maps one day 

Void? just void? the grineer have become much more successful at cloning their own maps and tilesets with pure perfection than cloning themselves. I suppose the corpus helped them with that task.

The entire solar system is a replica of the first two nonearth grineer and corpus planets.

Edited by nms64

Not really related, but void sabotage missions have the highest argon for time efficiency yield. Both the mini bosses have a chance of dropping argon and while you're looking for the cache, you can also break open nearby lockers which can effectively gain you more argon. 

Yes. My love for these things argon(badumtss someone kill me). The decay man...It just reduces the amount you have by 50% per day...Like, once I got 15 or something, I log on about 3-4 days later and they're basically all gone. Could we have a more efficient decay for this thing, like say increase the decay rate but also add in an "incubator" function for this item so we could store them until use...?

amprex wai yu do dis to me

stop

stop argon

plz

How are you guys farming argon? These tales of hours of farms for just two crystals sound weird. You can get more than that by doing two ABC rotations of T2 defense or survival. Especially survival and with a Nekros. Sure, some luck is involved, but it's not that hard.

How are you guys farming argon? These tales of hours of farms for just two crystals sound weird. You can get more than that by doing two ABC rotations of T2 defense or survival. Especially survival and with a Nekros. Sure, some luck is involved, but it's not that hard.

I agree. Its not hard at all.  Or maybe these people think they need hundreds just to feel secure, for some reason...

Ive never thought about my Argon count because, I guess, I simply play enough void missions.

The only targeted farming that Ive ever done actually came within the last few weeks.  Once for Neural sensors, Neurodes, oxium.  And even then, I didnt spend days upon days.  A few hours for each.  

Now finding that elusive Nova Prime chassis or Nyx Prime BP...THATS farming.

The decay is an annoying mechanic - but its not as if you ever need much of the stuff. I don't understand why people think its so hard to get - one or two leisurely capture missions with a scavenge Kubrow usually gets me 3/4.

Also - its kinda funny that needing Argon gets the beef here - personally having to go back and farm Kela 10-12 times to get the Saryn Systems was way more frustrating,

personally having to go back and farm Kela 10-12 times to get the Saryn Systems was way more frustrating,

She is easy. Headshot and I'm picking up her loot. Personally I hate Krill mechanics.

About the topic itself, Argon degrading is crap. DE wants people OUT of Void but at the same time there is a trend of New Items (weapons/warframes) requiring the damn Argon Crystals.

About the drops. Once me and my buddy were helping out some newbie to drop Oberon, I take Nova he takes full range Loki and we have our fun at T1-2 Def for over 2 hours. NOT a SINGLE Oberon part dropped. What also was surprising that during all that killing we picked up a Single Argon Crystal..... Other times rushing Capture missions gave me 1-2 Crystals each run.

TL:DR - Whether you drop tons of Argon or not is luck/crappy RNG so saying "it drops easily" is pointless.

I agree. Its not hard at all.  Or maybe these people think they need hundreds just to feel secure, for some reason...

Ive never thought about my Argon count because, I guess, I simply play enough void missions.

The only targeted farming that Ive ever done actually came within the last few weeks.  Once for Neural sensors, Neurodes, oxium.  And even then, I didnt spend days upon days.  A few hours for each.  

Now finding that elusive Nova Prime chassis or Nyx Prime BP...THATS farming.

I'm not complaining about farming argon. I can go to the void and get it. It's annoying and tedious is the issue. There is one location, you can't stock up so you don't have to do it again for while, and many of the new items released all require one or two of the damn things.

These are all the items that currently require Argon:

• Nikana(Research) 3(1)
  • Dragon Nikana 1
  • Halikar 2 Corvas 2
  • Nami Solo 2
  • Karyst 1
  • Kronen 2
  • Atterax 2
  • Amprex 3
  • Kohm 2
  • Angstrum 2
  • AkZani 2
  • Mirage 1
  • Hidden MessagesQuest 1
  • The Limbo Theorem Quest 2
  • Hydroid Chassis 2
  • Hydroid Helmet 2
  • Limbo Chassis 1
  • Incubator Power Core 1
  • Elytron Systems 2
  • Gammacor 2
  • Redeemer 2
  • Centaur 2
  • Fluctus 2
  • Slipstream Nova Helmet 1
  • Chroma Systems 2
  • Enigma Loki Helmet 1
  • Ketos Hydroid Helmet 1

These are the items that have been released since u14 that require argon:

• Halikar 2
  • Corvas 2
  • Karyst 1
  • Kronen 2
  • Atterax 2
  • Kohm 2
  • AkZani 2
  • Mirage 1
  • Hidden MessagesQuest 1
  • The Limbo Theorem Quest 2
  • Limbo Chassis
  • Elytron Systems 2
  • Gammacor 2
  • Redeemer 2
  • Centaur 2
  • Fluctus 2
  • Slipstream Nova Helmet 1
  • Chroma Systems 2
  • Enigma Loki Helmet 1
  • Ketos Hydroid Helmet 1

there has been a sudden shift towards more items requiring argon. I'm not sure if this was done to alleviate the grind for orokin cells which used to be the "rare go to component" for items or just to encourage us to play daily when we need argon. Either way when a new weapon or cosmetic comes out I almost fully expect them to require argon which means being forced to go back to the void even when you don't want to.

Well, if you're worried because Argon crystal just drops from the Void, you can always go to Vay Hek now, since he has a chance to drop a crystal as well

That's true, but it's unfortunately far far less likely to get argon from Vay hek than the void. His rare resources include: neurodes, orokin cells, argon and detonite ampules. So the chances of getting that one drop of argon off him is very rare indeed. Not related to the drop chance, his first stage is also terrible especially solo. I've taken up to half and hour to kill him when he decides that flying really high up and that getting stuck in scenery is a good idea. -_-  Now that he is keyless I've made a few attempts of vay hek but no luck so far.