The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It So Hard Just To Get A 75% Off Discount?

air248

The big question is, those getting the 75% discount, how often and how long ago have/did you purchase plat and was your purchase with or without discount?

I find that the more amount of time passes that you have not spent money on the game, the more discounts you get. If you live in a country where it's hard to obtain american dollars, discounts rain. Lower star login rewards have more chance of getting discounts. If you bought platinum with no discount, there's a chance you may never get a 75% discount. That has been my experience so far, based on my account and multiple friends' accounts.

For example, my account is the best one to get glaive blueprints and experience from logging in. A friends' account from another country gets 75% discounts just as often as I get glaive blueprints and item experience and he rarely logs in. Last good discount I got was for 50%, I think at a two star reward level, and used it, I will probably never get a 75% discount now that the system knows I can purchase at 50% or none at all. I don't think it is purely rng, but I may be mistaken. It seems to be weighted on whether you can purchase plat without discount, how often you log in and how long it has been since you helped the game.

Edited by nms64

It seems to occur more often if you don't play for a week or so.

True. Since I started play Warframe, I received it three times, and all of them were after a long period of inactivity. I also received 2 50% ones, all of them some days after I spent some money for plats.

I think that there is a sort of system to incentivize player to spend some money after inactivity or if they're assiduous buyers. 

I've gotten the 75% discount when I first started playing. At that point I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend money on a game I wasn't quite into at the time.

I've regretted it since, because I haven't seen the discount again since that day. Though, I've only been playing 6 months or so.

And no, I'll never buy plat without the discount. Those prices are.. nope.

Its weird to me that they would put the 75% discount in the lower day rewards. I guess they have the data to analyse so maybe it hooks fading or returning players back in or pushes new players to crack open the wallet. But for most of these free to play games the people who are buying stuff are currently way into the game and the stuff they can do with platinum has way more value to them. Thats why when you peek into the cash shop of a F2P game you are not currently absorbed in, everything seems kinda overpriced, because the game hasn't conditioned you into thinking the items are valuable and you don't have the context of how rare they are without using premium currency. You have no mental investment in whats being shown to you.

I'm sure plenty people who currently play warframe as a main game would insta-buy platinum with a 75% discount even if they had not bought any yet. It would be like a steam sale type of thing profit wise I would think, the increase in the amount of people buying would offset the discount at a certain point. It seems weird to throw it at people who let it expire and just drop in now and again and maybe never intend on spending because they won't get much use out of anything they buy. If that is how the log in rewards work, of course.

The whole idea behind log in rewards in F2P games is to build a habit of launching the game. I assumed the rewards would get better the higher the day count to keep you coming back until its habit and you are hooked. But maybe thats not the way they are approaching things.

Edited by Robin_Gr

• 3 weeks later...

The big question is, those getting the 75% discount, how often and how long ago have/did you purchase plat and was your purchase with or without discount?

I find that the more amount of time passes that you have not spent money on the game, the more discounts you get. If you live in a country where it's hard to obtain american dollars, discounts rain. Lower star login rewards have more chance of getting discounts. If you bought platinum with no discount, there's a chance you may never get a 75% discount. That has been my experience so far, based on my account and multiple friends' accounts.

For example, my account is the best one to get glaive blueprints and experience from logging in. A friends' account from another country gets 75% discounts just as often as I get glaive blueprints and item experience and he rarely logs in. Last good discount I got was for 50%, I think at a two star reward level, and used it, I will probably never get a 75% discount now that the system knows I can purchase at 50% or none at all. I don't think it is purely rng, but I may be mistaken. It seems to be weighted on whether you can purchase plat without discount, how often you log in and how long it has been since you helped the game.

So youre saying that if I puchased plat while having a lower discount, the system MIGHT tag you as one of the P2Ps and dont give you 75% off?

Well, as mentioned above, i used the 75% off only, whcih is only one time, then why didnt it drop again? i dont really think its the main point?

the first time I got a 75% discount i used it, and the second also... now they won't stop coming at me, I get at least 3-4 pero month trustory

Same here, but I just used the first one. Now I get 75% regularly, mainly when I skip one day or two of gaming.

i may be wearing a tinfoil hat without me realizing, but i seem to get  75% every time i quit the game for more than a week. also i use those discounts every time i get them. maybe they can see who's spending money and who's coming back from a break, then tempt them with 75% discounts? or maybe the reward pool from 1-star login is just small and i seem to land every time on 75%.

this month i got 2 discounts, and i think i only logged in less than 10 times this month.

Edited by Busok

i get it quite often(once per month smtms more), i play work days weekend i party or spend time with my gf so i kinda take regular brakes.

also i bought plat 3 times once just when i started and 2 times with  75% discount.

for your statistics or smthg.

hhm also im from poor country so maybe they understand that we are poor here and cant buy it without discount :D

PS i would never buy plat without discount anymore first time i bought it i was a beginner and i really wanted some extra slots and some cosmetics , now i have always smthg to spam on trade chat etc so slots are not problem for me anymore. But the 75% deal feels good even in such poor country as mine  :)

Edited by Mathemagics

Account has existed nearly two years. I've never seen even one. I always have like 25 dollars waiting for a 75% discount. Think I might use it elsewhere >.> 

Funny enough, seems like the people who use the plat shop hardly get em, and the people who hardly use it get the most. Must be rigged or something ;)