The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It So Hard Just To Get A 75% Off Discount?

air248

So, I played for about a year, and I only got a 75% off ONCE. Now as I get familiar with this game and decided to buy platium,the 75%off discounts never came. Is it just me or many people are wishing for a 75% dicount?

By the way, who thinks buying platium is way too expensive?

I'm getting a 75%  discount once per week and I don't use it because I'm full of plats and every time I see it I can't help but being annoyed by it.

I'm getting a 75%  discount once per week and I don't use it because I'm full of plats and every time I see it I can't help but being annoyed by it.

I just realized/remembered, MS does have Plat sales. On the Dashboard though :(

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Up to a certain point i never saw the 75% discounts, it remained like this for months, then they probably change the % of this happening based on region possibly, i was getting 75% almost everyday to the point it became anoying, as the 75% discounts stoped me from getting other things such as credits, forma,.....

At the moment they seem to have tweaked the % to a more reasonable level and now i get it weekly.

I never use the 75% discount as i don't buy platinum at all.

After a year and a half of only seeing the 20 one constantly, I finally got my first 50% off after only logging in a couple of times a week for a month or so now.  I needed the plat so I dropped some money on it.  So in a year and a half I've gotten countless 20s, one 50 and no 75s and also none with the bonus plat.  Watch now that I just got the 50 and used it I'll get a 75 in a few days.

• 3 months later...

I think it's weighted based on previous purchases, people who don't buy plat see 75% off coupons fairly often, if you only ever bought plat with say a 50% off coupon, like me, you will get 20% off coupons all the time, and if you made the mistake of buying full price plat or using a 20% off coupon, you will rarely/never get coupon codes.

You need to min/max your login behavior! assuming equal chance for every reward in the pool to appear, these are you chances of getting the 75% discount (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Login_Rewards):

0-2 days : 16.6%

3-6 days: 10%

7+ days : 9.5%

So to maximize your chances of getting the elusive 75% discount...you need to play for 2 days then quit for one! or wait until DE releases Login Rewards 2.0...

I'm convinced there is a complicated algorythm behind handing out the discounts. Where playtime, breaks and purchase history are taken into account.

It seems very hard to believe that some people get these weekly, while other players never ever seen them. That it hovers between common and obscenely rare based on just "rng".

And it just so happens that not playing for a little while and comming back seems to be followed by a discount.

I think it is definitly not random. DE implemented an algorhytm based on the playtime, the time of the year, the current platinum count, your history of purchases and maybe more.

I for example did never received a single 75% off in over 2 years of gametime, a 50% off is very rare, maybe two times a year and the 20% is appearing once a week. I invested plenty of money in this game but if I did, it was not because of a discount.

I think it's weighted based on previous purchases, people who don't buy plat see 75% off coupons fairly often, if you only ever bought plat with say a 50% off coupon, like me, you will get 20% off coupons all the time, and if you made the mistake of buying full price plat or using a 20% off coupon, you will rarely/never get coupon codes.

I think it is definitly not random. DE implemented an algorhytm based on the playtime, the time of the year, the current platinum count, your history of purchases and maybe more.

I for example did never received a single 75% off in over 2 years of gametime, a 50% off is very rare, maybe two times a year and the 20% is appearing once a week. I invested plenty of money in this game but if I did, it was not because of a discount.

Honestly believe these might be true. I have bought plat outright and every 20% as well and logged in faithfully everyday until I decided to stop. Didn't login for a bit and got a 50 on my 1st day back. I bought plat ofc, got another 50 a couple days after and have yet to get 50 again. 75%? LoL that's a myth for me. So if this is true then I am royally screwed unless I take a long break which so far won't be happening. But it's kinda DE's loss because I won't be buying again until I get that quadricorn worthy 75% and in the meantime i'll just be working the trade chat for my fix~