Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #49!

[DE]Megan

With U16 came a change to cold mods for Primary and Secondary weapons that increased their drain from 9 to 11. This broke many builds and created a situation that made it impossible to switch damage types on some weapons between builds no matter how many forma you use.

1) Will this issue be recognized?

2) Will this issue be resolved any time soon?

I made a well seen post that goes extensively into the exact details of the issue and offers several small changes that would easily resolve the issue.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/422905-the-increase-in-drain-from-9-to-11-for-cold-mods-makes-it-no-longer-possible-to-fit-3-different-damage-type-combinations-with-any-1-set-of-polarities/

Currently using certain powers in Warframe can be boring. Specifically static powers and random powers could be much more fun if they had added functionality.

Examples:

Mesa - Peacemaker - There could be a targeting function where you can specify priority targets. You already click to fire. Why not aim too? You wouldn't make all shots go towards that target or maybe you'd be adding markers to specific targets which get priority. Either way, it would be funner to use the ultimate that way and you could use it to specify, "Yes I want to shoot the guy who's meleeing me in the face!"

Nyx - Absorb - Augment? - Just an idea, but how about making absorbs damage output more beam like instead of explody at the players discretion.

Banshee - Soundquake - Added functionality for targeting. Could use the sound theme  for a resonance sort of idea. Same as idea as with Mesa.

Hydroid - Tentacle Swarm - Targeting priority? Doesn't really work with the tentacles being summoned immediately. But it would be nice.

Necros - Desecrate - Targeting priority for Desecrate where one corpse is absolutely Desecrated. With Hydroid's loot thing doing very well in getting loot from rarer targets, I think Necros should get a little too. A bit underpowered for an augment unless it makes desecrate single target and multiplies loot like Hydroid's pilfering.

Chroma - Spectral Scream - Why not allow him to block and do claw attacks or grapple targets for the breath attack. Why cant his wings pop out too? :( I want wings! You could make it so this power has a boost when he isn't using the ultimate and thats when the wings come out.

Chroma - Effigy - What if you could hold down 4 and your Effigy would slowly follow you. It can fly! It should be able to move at least a little bit, sounds fun to me, and you could use it to slowly summon the thing through hallways filled with enemies. :) Also, in general I want his wings to be summonable at other times on the player themselves for added mobility. Any plans for augments or changes to his powers?

Or,

What if you held 4 on cast and the wings were summoned for extra mobility while raining down elemental goodness. Gliding with style, anyone? Then when you released 4 effigy could become stationary.

Why can't I have a kubrow and a sentinel at the same time? Drack Masters have two dogs. Why can't Tenno do what the Grineer are doing?!

Why do Master Thief and Scavenge conflict and will that ever change? I want to loot while my dog is looting too!

Since there is a limit to fire rate of semi-automatic weapons now, I had an idea which other people also probably did. Why not use the Tigris shotgun firing mechanic for dual pistols? That way each click sensibly can fire both weapons. Any thoughts?

Will we ever possibly be able to dynamically order around our companions? Kubrows and Commands go together in my opinion. Same with Sentinels. Also, a healing type companion would be cool.

Every 10 mastery ranks could earn you one extra mod slot in all equips. This is a longstanding upgrade that would motivate players to play for longer (and therefore spend more money). You could also tie it to a platinum required item blueprint that requires a reactor, a catalyst, and a forma to make, to get even more monetization potential. Lets call the item... Spacial Expansion Engine? (Since you're so fond of such jokes.) Orokin Enlarger? Orokin Expansion. Orokin Systems Expansion?

Both sexes for all warframes? My girlfriend and I would both love this. Plus it eliminates the possibility of power bias. (See above where the 3 female frames have powers which have no utility beyond a press of a button where you get locked into doing nothing. With all those implications. Just saying.)

Also I had a nightmare that you primed Vitality and it cost a billion credits and a million R5s to rank up... Please never do this. :P

TL;DR

More utility in static abilities?

Targeting Priority for certain area of effect abilities?

More utility in companions?

Kubrow and Sentinel simultaneously? (Perhaps only in solo.)

Wingy goodness for Chromas other powers?

Every 10 Mastery Ranks earning the ability to add a mod slot to items?

Both sexes for all warframes?

Edited by GeekInACape

Hello, i want to say that the update 16 was awesome so thank you so much for all your hard work to keep this game going.

I asked this question before and i will ask it again since i didn't get an answer for it, since you guys removed the cored from t4 surv its been very hard to farm cores anymore, so can you please put it back to where it was or just set up another spot because everyone in the game is complaining about how hard it is to farm cores, i personally have at least 4 primed mods that i can't max them out because o the lack of the cores, i hope this time i will get an answer. 

Thank you again for all the hard work, keep it up. 

Megan! Dawg! Add me! Also...

Q: When will melee, charge attacks and the like receive a 2nd look? Melee still feels under-powered for "sword alone". Multiplier asks for too much for little reward. Stamina drain is a bit punishing when jumping/running to close distance, swinging sword and blocking all drain your stamina. 

Q: Can you explain how the Void Trader rotation works? Surprised to see so many repeats so soon after his introduction. 

Q: Can you talk about the nunchuck development? Strike types for its stance?

Q: Any new progress/developments on Archwing/infantry mission cohesion?

Q: Can Geoff talk about Parkour 2.0? New movement choices it presents. Any new plans for the down-state/when waiting to be revived?

Focus system?

Why did you guys nerf Excalibur into the ground instead of doing something about the rep farm? People like myself who used him legitimately are the ones who suffer, the rep farmers will just find another frame to use, are you going to continue this until all the frames are useless?

Why was so much cut from update 16?

Will we be getting new rewards in the syndicates soon?

Token system? Token system.

Any new game modes coming to Archwing? I would play it more if there was something to level in besides the Earth interception mission, as I don't even like interception to begin with, I would really appreciate an Archwing defense/survival. As it is, I honestly don't even bother playing it.

Can you please bring back the rare 5 core rewards to their old drop rate? Everybody needs rare 5 cores, and not everyone needs orokin cells, particularly veterans like myself who have stockpiles of hundreds of them. We didn't need another way to get those cells, we already had several viable methods, what we do need is a method to get cores reliably.

Edited by Gorg50

I'm a one man clan, dont really want an emblem but i have plenty of sigils/emblems that i would rather put there.

Will it ever be possible to have something other than a Clan Emblem on the left shoulder?

Will the infested ever return to a lower level area?

Edited by Jorak_Falconstar

PVP 2.0:

-What are the new following game modes you're working on?

-What are your plans on the balancing of copptoring in pvp? Right now even with its damage reduced it allows players to move absurdly fast.

-Private matches? 4v4 premade team queues?

Quests/events:

-Re-playable quests and events when? I really want to go back and redo some quests just to refresh myself on lore, characters and such.

Raid:

-Arcane enhancements, the random award  of the arcane is what really bugs me, even if this is endgame (and very enjoyable endgame I have to say) I am constantly feeling bummed out to do another cause I won't get the enhancement I want. Then there is a 23 hour lock out after which really hammers it in that I don't want to put in the effort to get something that won't interest me. Will there ever be an option to pick an arcane you want, or at least reward people with a generalized arcane?

Mios:

-Care to show off any animations if you have them :D ??

Reward revamps:

-Since SPY 2.0 got a major upgrade in the reward department, granting great affinity and pretty good mission rewards (besides power throw, steady hands, and 2500 creddit caches, honestly those need to be removed). When are we going to see better reward distribution for the other remaining mission types?

Misc:

-Movement 2.0? That teaser at Tenno Live had some pretty slick moves.

Edited by 4ever4gotin

I love the new UI and how its much more aesthetically appealing, and the fact that we come back to a central location (the liset) is a great addition that really ties the game together and makes it feel like you're a real space warrior. But is there anything in the works at all to improve the speed of the UI or any hotkeys to quickly go from arsenal to starchart? I feel like I'm working against the UI when i've got less than 15 seconds to change my loadout from Radiation damage to Magnetic when my squad switches enemy types, and I think a hotkey system would work phenomenally.

My first question is about warframe color customazion especially on warframe accessories such as the prime syndana + the prime cheast/shoulder and knee plates, my problem is this, my little cousin was trying warframe for the first time (My profile) and where given strict instructions NOT to change anything but kids, are kids and he change my colors on the warframe accessories, and now i cant get them back to default. Also i would like if there was a color palet with the gold prime color (It could be restricted so it would only work on all prime parts)  

here is some examples of what i'am talking about:

Frost looking the wrong way now :

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/532889006039784687/A4B5C34170A57E9E90E1216B1FFA4902904D018B/

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/532889006039785212/22B2B121A05E122D37DEFBC7F6EF3A2289E588B7/

Nova looking the right way still :

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/532889006039795400/2C6DFA50CB459BA17CFDB5B361C5AAC62D59F0C4/

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/532889006039787114/E9E48EBFE1C3EF4A4350FE349DD6AA3A8DD45E21/

So to summarize i want to be able to thange the color back to default especially on : Tint color 4 on accessories, to there original prime gold colors and maby be able to buy a prime gold color palet (There is know way to make the new Kazeru Prime Sugatra look anything like the do on the picture when you buy them from prime access) Thanks guys. 

And another question, why not bring Excalibur prime / Lato prime and Skana prime back only to prime access only (Without the founder option) I can see on Youtube from all the comments in the past devstreams that alot of peoble would like to get them, i know i would buy it :-) and i cant see i would be an issue since the founders also had to buy it back in the day.

Also please take a look at this post from the other day :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/423050-synthesiscodex-scanner-major-accuracy-loss/ 

Thanks guys

Edited by PoulsenJ

The real reason why we had about 13 nerfs and no one ever gave us an actual list we had to figure them all out. Why the inconsistencies with excaliburs nerfs.

Also how is perfect world doing perched on your shoulder ? But seriously and in all honesty if you will has perfect world had any thing to do with these changes at all ? That'd be an interesting question

1.>  When Mesa was introduced you talked about how she and Zephyr had Passive abilities and that you would like to go back and add passive abilities to the older Warframes.  Is this something that is being worked on or is it just something on the todo-list?

2,>  Any way that we can get an auction house for trading?

3.>  Any way we can get DE_George on prime time or dev stream to talk about music / sound design in Warframe ?

Kubrow Kuestions

1. The kubs have this nasty habit of standing in front of you.

HT5mBAT.jpg

This is extremely annoying since you have to reposition yourself in the middle of a battle from, probably, a good spot to be able to shoot at the enemy. which happens all the time during long range battles because the range of when the Kubrow attacks phase activates seems to be medium to short.

Can we get this fix? Dont know anything about this engine but linking a default spot behind the player doesnt sound that difficult, right?

2. How about adding kubrow commands to the emote wheel?

Two simple and helpful commands to start should be guard and heel.

Guard has the kubrow only attack enemies that coming within a certain radius from the spot where guard was cast.

This would be helpful in defense missions to guard the pod\computer and when doing stealth. Because when sneaking around the kubs goes pretty much everywhere because of the pathing its programmed with. So you could leave the kub behind until you clear the area.

Heel has the kub immediately stop whatever it's doing and returns to the side of the player.

Any update on kubrow kosmetics?

Since Steam has opened up Steam Inventory items to third party games will we see more Steam exclusive skins in future similar to the jade and obsidian packages?

Also What happened to half of U16? The underwater tileset, the female corpus enemies, the J3 Golem revamp, the focus system and the tombs of the sentient?

The Archwing system is still in its infancy compared to the rest of the game, but it's also easily my favorite update so far, and has a lot of untapped potential. What sorts of expansions are in the works for Archwing missions besides the ones discussed at TennoLive and other past devstreams? Will we see modes like defense or survival adapted for Archwing? Archwing void missions? And the big one for me: will the Stalker (or a surprise boss like him) ever get an Archwing of his own to ambush us in space?

QUESTION #1 WILL ABILITY TO EQUIP A SKIN ON A PRIME WEAPON be reintroduced?

REQUEST #1 ADD ABILITY TO EQUIP A SKIN ON A PRIME WEAPON :)

Seriously, avoiding this topic is lame, if there is no way we can use our skins on our prime equipment in the future, then say it already :/