Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #49!

[DE]Megan

1. Its been quite a while since any mention of the 3rd helmet series, meanwhile we also 3 frames who does not have a second alternate helmet yet which is Mesa to Mirage in release order (Chroma does not count since his very new). Will we see any helmets soon?

2. When is the next prime frame lore bit?

Edited by Ory_Hara

I'm sure that there will be plenty of questions regarding this, but why did you nerf the Synoid Gammacor in the way that you did? Yes, it definitely needed a nerf; not going to argue there. But as soon as a weapon needs an ammo mutation mod to even function, it becomes a horrible choice as it will eat all of the ammo you'd later be using for your other weapon - in this case, your primary's ammo. For those of us who just wanted to use a cool laser beam that was actually useful, couldn't you just bring the damage output in line with other comparable weapons and maybe restore the energy restore to compensate for the short range of the weapon?

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text.

P.P.S. Speaking of changes making things completely and utterly inefficient, will Ember be getting another look at any time soon? She's worse off than she was before. I'd love to use her again, but the combination of massive energy issues, low damage output for a damage frame and this conversion to crowd control through augments being inferior to other frames is a real turn off. Looking hot and having a fiery personality only go so far... I need substance!

I think I have heard Scott saying that there are a few people in DE that are cooking up some more Spy 2.0 rooms. When can we expect to get them?

Is it possible for you guys to write down the rarity level of each reward in the Void Reward Table? It doesn't has to be the specific percentages, but at least something along the lines of "Common, Uncommon, and Rare" spectrum would be really helpful.

U16 is pretty fun so far, folks. :D

QUESTIONS:

1. Foooooooooooocuuuuuuuuus.

2. Lore.
              a.  Any chance of a campaign or...we doing multiple quests for bite-sized chunks?
              b.  Tenno. What are we? You guys said this would be getting addressed months ago, I thought. May be wrong.

3. PvP - Team Death Match Mode, please?

Thanks for the continued awesomeness, guys/gals. ^.^ Get some damned sleep.

Status of Sharkwing/Archwing Immersion?

Can I have 1000 Plat?

What is currently the 'next big thing' that the team is working towards finishing?

Why no AkLex Prime or AkVasto Prime? The AkBronco Prime looks really lonely

The Designcouncil worked on creating new Augment mods, when can we expect to start seeing them trickling into the game?

On the subject of Augments, when can we see more Weapon Augment mods for syndicates?

I have a few.

1.) Whose Line of Sight are we talking about? The Warframe's? The Players? The Lotus'? I don't have any complaint about this, as it doesn't really affect Excal in any meaningful way, since you can... y'know, walk into the Line of Sight? But, that being said, I'd like to know what Lines of Sight we're talking about, and maybe a polish of this system, so that I can accurately tell when an enemy is gonne die or live, so I don't waste a whole ton of energy killing an extra three dudes. Or not killing those three dudes, as it were.

2.) Will you be re-working the AFK detector? I'm not often punished by this (As I don't do much standing around, even if I don't need to move), but there are some serious problems. I have been punished for using peacemaker too long. I have been punished for running out of revives, and that's just not a fun thing.

3.) This update, while extremely enjoyed, was very... well, honestly, disappointing. We expected an incredibly ambitious update, and while we got a LOT of really great stuff, the time it took to get here felt... disproportionate. I fully realize how difficut it must have been on everyone, but there was a bit too much hype, with a bit too long of a wait time, and U16 feels kinda... empty because of it. Any comments on this? This isn't so much a question as a kind of idle wondering, and I'm not saying "You guys suck you screwed us over." Far from it. You guys delivered another great update. I'm just wondering why it was so disproportionate to the wait time / hype.

4.) Why did you taunt us with Parkour 2.0, Underwater/abovewater Grineer boat tileset, and The FREAKING Sentients, only shortly before U16? That was like saying "You think this long-awaited update's awesome, just look at this WAY better stuff that won't be added for a few updates yet." I mean, I love you guys, but ouch. (Sorry, this might actually be another part of Q3, but they feel like different things. And this is kind of a humorous version.)

Anyway, that's all the important ones I've got. Hope they get answered, either through my asking or someone else's. I eagerly await Devstream #49. Geat work, and Love y'all! Get some sleep! AND HAPPY 2ND B-DAY, Warframe!

Edited by KaraOgata

I was wondering if someone from DE could explan the level to rank ratio. Due to the fact that Weapons, Frames, Archwings, and Companions can only achieve the highest Rank of 30. Yet, Enemies are measured in terms of Levels. As well in mission types such as Defense and Survivals as they progress the enemies increase in levels Yet many of the Weapons damage and Warframe abilities suffer a drop off of effectiveness. Can you also explain this as, One would expect the weapons and abilities to remain constant and the Enemies would only increase to match the current rank or level to which the players are. Never has this been explained to me and many of the people I have asked don't seem to know either.

As well prior to the destruction of the Void don't you think its time that there is an Assassinate mission in the Void as well as an Archwing mission especially since now there is a Primed Archwing.

Thirdly when will there be another quest and that being said. Why was the ability to fix Ordis's memories so lamely discarded with the Chroma quest ending with him having to choose to go to the santuary but instead chooses to make new memories. This portion would have been better executed had your prolonged service to Samaris beem to acquired more data that he then could have used to improve Ordis's memories as well as led us into further expansion of the Orbiter. As well as the release of more lore. (ie customization of the Liset and the Orbitor from an interior perspective.) As was told to me by DE Steve was coming via Twitter. .

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

1: Are there any more weapon augment mods in development? I was really pleased when they came out as they added new utility or purpose to older forgotten weapons like the Hek and Grinlock. Will any more be developed in the future? What was your personal opinions on the mods?

2: What is the progress on the new Underwater Tileset? Specifically if Sharkwing is still in development, I love Archwing but I've run out of stuff to do for it. I have most of the mods maxed and all of the weapons/archwings. I am hungry for more content.

Will we see the ability to rename weapon or warframe loadout options in the future. To change the (A-B-C) to customized labels and allow for more organized customizations?

Will we see any rebalancing of components needed for crafting to factor in the newer added resources, such as adding Cryotic to Frost warframe.

Are there any plans to make the Codex more accuratly match the game mechanics of weapons, such as making the Attica a silent weapon in mechanics since it is listed as such in codex, or to make the attack speed of dual weapons more accuratly reflect their multiple-strike combo attacks.

Are there any plans to create warframe augments to allow Tenno to perform the Eximus special abilities? Such as Frost to have the moving snow globe like a Cold Eximus, for Ember to have the flame waves of a Fire Eximus, Saryn to have a toxic AOE cloud, Volt to have a leach field, etc.

Are there any future plans to add more companion options, such as pet Moa or Ospreys in addition to the Kubrow and sentinels

Edited by Nighteyes5

Is there a plan to make The Rift untouchable to Nullifiers? I ask this due to the fact that it makes little sense for any amount of Corpus-based (or any kind of) technology to be able to rip you straight out of another dimension in such a simple and immediate manner, appearing like it takes no effort at all.

Why do you continue to introduce awful gameplay mechanics that ruin the fun and increase the grind contrary to what you tell us your aim is?

You said you are aiming to reduce the grind and yet all we see are nerfs that increase the grind and new frames who require substantial grind to build.  Anti-AFK... nothing being done about mesa grind and now introduction of Chroma grind.. astoundingly low drop rates on prime parts (27+ runs of T1C just to get a single Odonata BP)  keys don't grow on trees)

If you want to genuinely target macro gamers and reduce the grind at the same time why are things like Tactic Selections not being considered?

LINK  TO  TACTIC  SELECTIONS : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/383582-tactic-selections-putting-a-stop-to-macro-farming-rng-and-grind-walls/#entry4231027

Edited by Jax_Cavalera

With all of the nerfs, buffs, community members praising, and a lot accusing, after every hotfix and more after every update, I've noticed one thing every time.
When you give us new stuff and fixe older stuff there are a few items that are changed without any heads up or sometimes without any patch notes. I understand things get forgotten, I'm not talking about that. You seem to wait a day (or sometimes 3-4) before letting us know what's going on with the change. I think that if we were told why you were changing things right after you changed them that it would stop a lot (not all of course) of the complaints and rampages a lot of users take out on you for no reason.

So my question is this, with upcoming hotfixes and updates, specifically nerfs/buffs and changes to gameplay mechanics, can we get a response out from you guys as you change it? The patch notes are nice, but a more specific "here's why we did this" would help us out so much! Even if it's a sentence or two. Communication is key.

Seeing the community speculate why you change something and then seeing someone speculate on the speculation is painful, and it all gets blown out of proportion. I know it can't get done every single time on every single detail, but if we could get an explanation as to why the change (whatever it may be) is happening, it would alleviate some of the community's misunderstandings and some of your headaches.

I'm all for your changes. Though some are more painful than others, you guys know what you're doing and why you're doing it. It's just sometimes we don't. :)
Keep up the good work! We're all in this together.

Question:

Do you plan on reworking Excalibur completely, along with other warframes, in the future?

I personally feel rather upset by this recent change to his Ult, along with many others in this community, as i believe there were other more effective ways to eliminate Draco and other forms of farming without having to alter his Ult by this much.

I personally believed you could have gone with a "bubble" method & reduced the range from 25 to 20 or so, but this is just one idea. Im sure the community has much more effective ideas than this.

I feel that Excalibur will need to have a significant overhaul to both his stats & abilities as i believe this will not only bring him back up to par with the other frames, but also help mitigate or eliminate the Draco Farming abuse issue.

Will there ever be optimization of the lower graphics, or even the medium-higher range of graphics? Considering theres alot of people I believe(including myself) running on a 'potato' of a computer, and I'd like to enjoy a great fps with an even better game.

Will you guys at DE ever re-work the trading system? I mean one chat channel for trading isn't exactly a great way to have trading in a game. I believe alot more people would trade if it was easier of sorts I suppose. Even if there was some sort of auction house to be added, it would make it somewhat better imo.

Edited by xXRedFooXx