The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Neural Sensors Seem To Have Gotten A Lot More Rare?

drft240

I have been farming Neural Sensors lately at what used to be the regular spots on Jupiter. I did quit the game for a while, but I did a search through the patch notes and only noticed that they changed the name in the market. I did not notice anything about the drop rates in the notes. So is it just me or has this become an uber rare resource?

Is there a new place to farm them now?

I'm looking for either an answer like "They nerfed the drop rate and it was in the notes but you need to learn how to search", or a discussion about the rarity of this resource. Thanks.

I personally find killing Alad V the best Neural Sensor spot, but others could argue for a dark sector defense or something. 

It takes a while to finally get a Neural Sensors from Alad V because he sometimes drops alloy plates and stuff, but he's your best option IMO.

RNG being RNG. Go do a (DS)survival/defense or assassinate Alad a few times. Bring a Nekros and/or Pilfering Storm Hydroid. Maybe buy the resource boosters if you're desperate enough.

I have quite a few Neurals now but that's just because it's become a habit for me to farm them, and I hauled in like 50-100 over a few days from the 2 resource boosters once. I'm starting to run dangerously low on Neurodes though.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I personally find killing Alad V the best Neural Sensor spot, but others could argue for a dark sector defense or something. 

It takes a while to finally get a Neural Sensors from Alad V because he sometimes drops alloy plates and stuff, but he's your best option IMO.

What the OP means and i can attest to that, is alad V on jupiter seems to not be dropping Neural sensors like he did b4. Like the drop table has drastically changed. I ran alad V 8  times and nada, not one single sensor. 

What the OP means and i can attest to that, is alad V on jupiter seems to not be dropping Neural sensors like he did b4. Like the drop table has drastically changed. I ran alad V 8  times and nada, not one single sensor. 

Well I think that's just RNG being RNG. Whether or not neural sensor drop rates were nerfed, I don't know, but I've been getting neural sensors at least once every three runs, so it's been more or less the same for me.

I have been farming Neural Sensors lately at what used to be the regular spots on Jupiter. I did quit the game for a while, but I did a search through the patch notes and only noticed that they changed the name in the market. I did not notice anything about the drop rates in the notes. So is it just me or has this become an uber rare resource?

Is there a new place to farm them now?

I'm looking for either an answer like "They nerfed the drop rate and it was in the notes but you need to learn how to search", or a discussion about the rarity of this resource. Thanks.

Nope, you're prob just doing it wrong. Grab a Hydroid with Pilfering swarm, and vauban with bastille, and a nekros with desecrate, go to jupiter dark sector defense, play 15 waves. I walk out with an average of 2-5 neural sensors per run, easy.

Not sure if drop rates are tweaked, but I used to just grab a Master Thief and ransack a corpus mission (e.g. Jupiter). the drop rates used to be good (prefers to do this solo than having to put together some specific team for farming endless missions). Can anybody who tried this recently update whether it is still viable?

Nowadays, I just leave it to extractors, which will actually manage to get NS once every blue moon or so.

Thanks for the replies. I got a couple from Alad V last night. It took quite a few runs though, but like someone else mentioned he dropped 2 at once.

The Jupiter DSD is where I used to farm them and lately I haven't been getting any, also I noticed that at the top of the elevator there are no longer any containers. The containers still exist downstairs, but on the main floor they are all gone. That did happen after one of the patches, one night they were there and then after the update they were gone.

Like QuarkBlade mentioned, I am asking if the drop rates were changed, because all the ways I used to be able to consistently get them (even with RNG) don't seem so consistent anymore. I used to do Alad runs and DSD, lately I get nothing from DSD and it takes a lot more runs on Alad to get them. This all seemed to switch recently which is why I was asking.

The Dark Sector missions on Jupiter seem far more yielding than their Corpus counterparts. I used to run Elara, but since a few months back I haven't found a single one there. Hate repeating boss runs so I don't bother with Alad.

Neural sensors have the added disadvantage of only appearing on one system in the star map, so they are harder to come by. That being said they can, and often do, drop in quantities of 2.

The distilling extractors return rubbish most of the time but once in a while you can get neurals from them. I had 7 or 8 twice in a row recently.

I haven't been actively farming them for a while, but it's not unusual for me to pick up one or two from syndicate missions taking place in Jupiter.  That plus an occasional lucky extractor haul has been keeping me flush with sensors.