Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Tremor, The Earth / Terraformer Warframe - (10/14) Final Update & Retirement

Archwizard

hmmmm.no weapon models yet?

i could give it a whirl if you give me a straightfoward descript

We've been discussing a pile bunker, along the lines and heft of Vandre's, preferably one of a more Tenno nature. I figured a little while back that, as the Excavators have a drilling functionality, they could make an interesting basis for such a design.

We've been discussing a pile bunker, along the lines and heft of Vandre's, preferably one of a more Tenno nature. I figured a little while back that, as the Excavators have a drilling functionality, they could make an interesting basis for such a design.

drill gauntlet...that wouldnt be terribly hard,any spoecifics for the coloring?or just all one color?

Okay, so I was bored waiting to clock in and browsing the forum when I came across this, could not peel myself away from reading through the work and concept you both have put a great deal of time and effort into. It really shows you are both invested as players, and as designers that you came up with the concept and ability kit for Tremor so thoroughly thought out. I really hope DE sees all the positive feedback and depth you've put into this and it becomes Tenno reality, I know I for one am really wanting this to happen. I know you have been struggling somewhat with ideas for a rocky, earthen weapon as it's signature, so I offer these ideas: Pickaxe(s), A Drill inspired Spear/Polearm, a Tetsubo (if you don't know, it's an oriental style club weapon, tending to be slow and somewhat heavy striking at first but once in motion steadily increase in lethality and momentum), and finally some form of blunt weapon (mace or warhammer) and a shield. Also, to the Tenno with the awesome movie reference, you sir get cool points for that, kudos lol

@ Sumnes, as the artist involved, thanks you for saying so :)

I too really like this concept and have been really struggling to create a good design that is new but still feels like a warframe, and compliments the powers and overall idea of Tremor as a Earth Frame.

Okay, so I was bored waiting to clock in and browsing the forum when I came across this, could not peel myself away from reading through the work and concept you both have put a great deal of time and effort into. It really shows you are both invested as players, and as designers that you came up with the concept and ability kit for Tremor so thoroughly thought out. I really hope DE sees all the positive feedback and depth you've put into this and it becomes Tenno reality, I know I for one am really wanting this to happen. 

Thank you so much! Tremor's been a long-running silent project of mine (dating back to Feb 10, 2014), so I truly appreciate the support and kind words.

I too really like this concept and have been really struggling to create a good design that is new but still feels like a warframe, and compliments the powers and overall idea of Tremor as a Earth Frame.

And none are more appreciative of that than I. Can never thank you enough, arch!

I would LOVE to see this idea coming to Warframe. I love setting traps for enemies (quicksand) and i always have trouble with parkouring, and the first ability would help with that. I would actually recommend to change the second ability into something like a party buff or so, because now, it really sounds like the Rift of Limbo. Or maybe a debuff for enemies. Example: GROUNDBRAKE

Tremor teares open the ground in a straight line, trapping enemies inside the crack, while giving armor to allies, by bending the rocks around them, into a rocky armor.

With that, Tremor would be suitable for a lot of playstyles. But I also like the original idea, I just would like to see some more trapping abilities, because there isnt a warframe like that (of cource, Vaubans abilities, but those aren't really traps, but more like throwable turrets and stuff).

ok guys...hope you dont mind the sculptris UI in the video

tried to give it a brutal,yet somehow more elegant and technological feel

Pilebunker,the drill fists

Hmm.

I don't mean to be rude or diminish your efforts, but... I don't think that's a pile bunker. It's more of a fist-mounted rapier.

Thing about pile bunkers is that they're sort of a portable manual jackhammer, often mixed with a drill; they use a pneumatic system to deploy an armor-piercing spike as you land the blow. That appears to be... one, solid piece of steel.

Actually, the more I think about it, it's probably the link I gave you! The last couple times I used it, all the images loaded and pushed the post down until a katar was on top. If the images above it aren't cached, you'll have to scroll down to Vandre's entry to see what I mean.

For a shortcut, the reference images are here and here.

Edited by Archwizard

Hmm.

I don't mean to be rude or diminish your efforts, but... I don't think that's a pile bunker. It's more of a fist-mounted rapier.

Thing about pile bunkers is that they're sort of a portable manual jackhammer, often mixed with a drill; they use a pneumatic system to deploy an armor-piercing spike as you land the blow. That appears to be... one, solid piece of steel.

Actually, the more I think about it, it's probably the link I gave you! The last couple times I used it, all the images loaded and pushed the post down until a katar was on top. If the images above it aren't cached, you'll have to scroll down to Vandre's entry to see what I mean.

For a shortcut, the reference images are here and here.

in practical terms unless its actually moving,or "jackhammering" as it were.there is very little difference between a blade,a spike,and a sharp stick

this quite honestly explains why you dont have weapon models yet if what you want is a combination of a drill and a pneumatic hammer

you are sorely mistaken if you think than an opticor's level of moving parts can be done with any amount of ease

i had hoped you would pick up on the channeling lines on the drill bit,that was intended to indicate it would rotate when in use

sculptris is a FREE program,which means it cant animate parts like your requesting,that requires much more expensive programs

infact all the things your wanting,the "jachammering" and so on,CANNOT be done without very expensive programs,the only thing i can do is the shape and look

for example: i recently made a sniper rifle in sculptris,in order to show it's clip partially open,to give an idea of how it reloads,i actually had to re-upload the model,add new objects,twist and warp part of the original one,and then repaint everything

EDIT: i just looked at those images...that is not a hammer of any kind,thats an oversized fist mounted battering ram

EDIT 2: ok ive calmed down a little...ill give it "another shot" as soon as i feel like it...your lucky i have 3dsmax8

Edited by GunDownGrace

I did not realize the pilebunker covered the entire lower arm!

Hmm. Grace, if you simply "hide" the drill by adding a 2:nd model and shape it around it like a arm-munted armor-gauntlet, I think that would look great!

Love the hightech textures on that by the way.

I did not realize the pilebunker covered the entire lower arm!

Hmm. Grace, if you simply "hide" the drill by adding a 2:nd model and shape it around it like a arm-munted armor-gauntlet, I think that would look great!

Love the hightech textures on that by the way.

well,it seems not everyone likes high tech..so unfortunately ill have to swallow my pride for a minute while i give this thing a whirl,again

sculptris is a FREE program,which means it cant animate parts like your requesting,that requires much more expensive programs

infact all the things your wanting,the "jachammering" and so on,CANNOT be done without very expensive programs,the only thing i can do is the shape and look

for example: i recently made a sniper rifle in sculptris,in order to show it's clip partially open,to give an idea of how it reloads,i actually had to re-upload the model,add new objects,twist and warp part of the original one,and then repaint everything

Blender is free and is made for animation. It's a little more difficult to do and it probably won't look as good without significantly more work, but it'll get the job done if your okay with compromising the look a little.

-snip-

well,it seems not everyone likes high tech..so unfortunately ill have to swallow my pride for a minute while i give this thing a whirl,again

I apologize profusely if I've offended you! I admit that sometimes I can be... blunt.

I did notice the channeling textures, which do give it a very unique feel. Really cool circuitry, too!

I really don't mind if the weapon isn't animated, or even if the weapon is drawn instead. If you gave it implied movement as you did with the sniper rifle, that would be spectacular for getting the point across. But as it is your work, that is entirely up to you. Either way, I do appreciate that you gave it a shot!

EDIT: i just looked at those images...that is not a hammer of any kind,thats an oversized fist mounted battering ram

Perhaps that's a better description (although jackhammers aren't really hammers either, but, details).

The original reference images for a "pile bunker" that I was given were the following: one, two and three.

They're pretty diverse, it's a little difficult to get a feel for what makes one and what doesn't.

Edited by Archwizard

I apologize profusely if I've offended you! I admit that sometimes I can be... blunt.

I did notice the channeling textures, which do give it a very unique feel. Really cool circuitry, too!

I really don't mind if the weapon isn't animated, or even if the weapon is drawn instead. If you gave it implied movement as you did with the sniper rifle, that would be spectacular for getting the point across. But as it is your work, that is entirely up to you. Either way, I do appreciate that you gave it a shot!

Perhaps that's a better description (although jackhammers aren't really hammers either, but, details).

The original reference images for a "pile bunker" that I was given were the following: one, two and three.

They're pretty diverse, it's a little difficult to get a feel for what makes one and what doesn't.

just give me afew minutes,have to relocate my computer....

good news,apparently i can do special effects...

the video is about 1/3rd of the way complete

EDIT: 2/3rd of the way complete

Edited by GunDownGrace

well,i looked at all of the reference images you gave..including the action blueprint

and i took a whack at combining them all

i hope you like(crosses fingers)

i apoligize for the image tearing early in the video.tempermental programs and all

Edited by GunDownGrace

well,i looked at all of the reference images you gave..including the action blueprint

and i took a whack at combining them all

i hope you like(crosses fingers)

Yeeeeeezzz, eeeeexcellent. Now we're on the right track.

And animation at the end! *squees off in the corner*

My main criticism now is that there's very little to the design that matches the Tenno style. It definitely fits the Grineer design, of course, and in some ways even looks like stone, which is great for Tremor. Just seems a bit odd to have a Grineer weapon as the signature for a Tenno who predates the Empire.

Still, it will be wonderful to see Tremor have one on his arm regardless.

Edited by Archwizard