The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor [Nerf Needs Revisiting]

Immortal

Ok, I have looked through many threads looking for someone to mention this about the Synoid Gammacor, and barely anyone has mentioned it. Starting from U16-U16.1.2 there has been no note change saying that the damage went from 220 base damage to 28. Example DE_Adam's U16 Thread Post here:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/420448-warframe-sanctuary/

Weapon Changes:

• Synoid Gammacor now consumes 7.5x more ammunition.
  • Synoid Gammacor magazine capacity has been reduced.

Everyone just keeps talking about the ammo consumption. Yes i get the nerf was needed but from 220 base damage down to 28 was a little excessive. I think the weapon nerf needs to be revisited and well noted on the changes.

Please let me know your thoughts about the Synoid Gammacor nerf and if you feel as well it should be revisited.

Edited by Imortel

Only the ammo consumption was changed. Just treat it as a handheld SMG, and it's still better than Cestra, Furis, and Viper series weapons. Synoid Gammacor has no recoil, no travel time, and perfect accuracy. Most other SMGs deal less damage while suffering from any of the above problems.

Previous damage: 210 and 2 fire rate. 420 damage.

New damage: 28 at 15 fire rate. 420 damage.

Yes 28 damage with a fire rate of 15 equals an overal damage of 420 per 15 bullets but thing is the synoid gammacor doesn't fire 15 bullets per click it fires 2 bullets per click unless held.

Edited by Imortel

DE could have lowered fire-rate from 2 to 1.5 and magazine reduced to 20 and it would have been a large enough nerf. 

I would have much preferred that its nerf only targeted its sustained DPS and burst and not its ammo.

Edited by LazyKnight

The nerf was needed, a little excessive yes, but it was badly needed, there's plenty of other OP sidearms out there like the Brakk or Marelok, will it really kill people to try out different weapons?

I am using my lex prime and having tons of fun, at least more than with a laser pointer. Vaykor and Ballistica are fun too, although i feel ballistica (despite the awessome charged dmg) doesnt really fit my game satyle.

i see some others have already corrected your failure to math. reduction of Damage wasn't mentioned in a Changelog because it wasn't reduced.

as for actually constructive things:

i would have chosen 40 * 9, a Magazine of 40, and an Ammo Pool of 280 if it had been my choice for the Weapon.

by the way, things aren't Megathreads just because you decide to be a special internet snowflake and add a Megathread tag to it. it's only a Megathread once it is one.

i.e. has a buttload of posts in it.

The nerf was needed, a little excessive yes, but it was badly needed, there's plenty of other OP sidearms out there like the Brakk or Marelok, will it really kill people to try out different weapons?

I myself have switched back to the pyrana, yes there is plently of other OP sidearms to switch to and use. The purpose of this thread was to not whine about its nerf but to have a more clear stated note to its nerf. 

Yes 28 damage with a fire rate of 15 equals an overal damage of 420 per 15 bullets but thing is the synoid gammacor doesn't fire 15 bullets per click it fires 2 bullets per click unless held.

Only pointing out that the DPS is still the same. They mentioned it consumes more ammo, that is exactly what it does. The damage it does wasn't nerfed. It just blows through ammo faster than it can reload lol.

I don't agree with the nerf by the way. This one was exceptionally bad. I had two propositions for the nerf.

1. Keep the fire rate the same and reduce base damage down to 190. Reduce the ammo reserve back to that of the original gammacore.

or...

2. Set fire rate to the same as the original gammacore at 5. Make base damage 76. This would reduce the confusion on exactly how much more powerful the Synoid version was over the regular. Still reduce the ammo pool back down to same reserves the original had.

In my opinion that would have been enough to bring it down. If DE sees it as needing to be brought down further than that then it means that the other weapons need a buff instead. This weapon (along with all the other Syndicate weapons) should by all means be a top tier weapon due to just how long it takes to get it. 

i see some others have already corrected your failure to math. reduction of Damage wasn't mentioned in a Changelog because it wasn't reduced.

Damage per bullet was reduced but not damage done in a sec (DPS).Old fire-rate was what 2? So it when from 210 to 28 per bullet.