Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Volt Prime's Design.....

Zeoknight_

Well Warframe..... you've managed to take my favorite warframe and make a prime version of him in which there are about 6 minute differences. I took my volt prime, and changed his appearance settings to match my regular Volt's appearance, and I only saw a few un-noticeable differences: You took the little hangy-things on the small of his back and changed them, you took his shoulders and added these little things that stick up, you changed his knees, and on his neck, you added some metal rings.... *sigh* Look. When I hear "Prime Warframe", I expect there to be a very prominent and noticeable defference. Even if I were to add cosmetics. I'm just very underwhelmed. I've been looking forward to an epic primed version of Volt since I first got him. I'm not saying that you didn't put any effort into him, its just that the only thing that actually makes him any different is his helmet...*cough, cough* Excalibur Prime *cough, cough*......But yeah.....that's all I have to say. Thank you for your time. (if you even read this at all)

and? are you upset that they made him not so radically changed that he no longer looks like volt? volt prime looks good, man. his abilities have additional ascetics, and in the void he becomes incredibly useful with his death orb deal. have you channeled with him yet?  are you honestly complaining that they stuck to what already looked good, and didnt muck it up? 

You intentionally made the prime look like the standard one and complain that it looks like the standard one?

Try making the standard one look like the default prime, and if you can manage that, then you can complain. Maybe. A little.

I was quite disappointed with how they designed volt prime, to me he looks too similar to the regular volt, just a bit more elderly with little screw glued parts, but that's just me. I just don't like horns...... Horn fetish......... Warframe..... Yep......

you must remember one thing. appart of excalibur, every regular frame is copied from its primed version. So its not prime volt that looks like regular volt, but regular volt that looks like prime volt. There can't be too many differences, these frames were inspired in their prime version, so as an inspiration, they are mostly equal. Ofc helm is different, colors, materials, but design is mostly the same

Volt Prime looks like all Primes did with the excepction of Loki and Nyx which went really over the top. Mag looks good and has the same kind of additions, Rhino had his helmet changed (Volt does, too. Check again his default one) with an Excalibur Prime like design (Void Key, Orokin) on the face and Nova is in kind of a mid spot.

He's fine. I understand why you'd expect an over-the-top model, but he's fine.

I never said that he is a bad warframe, and yes, I've managed to make him look almost identical to my volt in every combo (including the default one) I love Volt, I've channeled with him, got him to rank 30 and already used a forma on him once. He is amazing, I'm just complaining that he doesn't look different enough from regular Volt. He is amazing for void and other defense missions. I love volt. Do you honestly think that I'm going be the guy that says he sucks because he didn't look like I imagined him? No. I'm just a little upset that he doesn't look different enough from the original, that's all.

and? are you upset that they made him not so radically changed that he no longer looks like volt? volt prime looks good, man. his abilities have additional ascetics, and in the void he becomes incredibly useful with his death orb deal. have you channeled with him yet?  are you honestly complaining that they stuck to what already looked good, and didnt muck it up? 

His channel animations are the same, on his fingers and on feet, and in between the openings on his back. (hardly noticeable).

If im not mistaken, shock has a zeus bolt from the sky of the 1st target hit, no more flair. Was honestly expecting shield to be an easy target from prime flair. 

You intentionally made the prime look like the standard one and complain that it looks like the standard one?

Try making the standard one look like the default prime, and if you can manage that, then you can complain. Maybe. A little.

Color Loki P or Nova P or even Nyx p the same as the base version and you will STILL see huge differences. 

you must remember one thing. appart of excalibur, every regular frame is copied from its primed version. So its not prime volt that looks like regular volt, but regular volt that looks like prime volt. There can't be too many differences, these frames were inspired in their prime version, so as an inspiration, they are mostly equal. Ofc helm is different, colors, materials, but design is mostly the same

You're right! I didn't take that into account. I should probably just say, I don't like it's long huge nose horned beak.

Volt Prime looks like all Primes did with the excepction of Loki and Nyx which went really over the top. Mag looks good and has the same kind of additions, Rhino had his helmet changed (Volt does, too. Check again his default one) with an Excalibur Prime like design (Void Key, Orokin) on the face and Nova is in kind of a mid spot.

He's fine. I understand why you'd expect an over-the-top model, but he's fine.

This is ironic considering you payed at least 80 for loki prime (for dem avatars)

Loki, Nyx, and Nova Prime set high expectations unfortunately. 

Edited by armedpoop

I kind of agree with OP as well. Loki and Nova prime look wholly different from their originals, whereas Volt prime is rather underwhelming. 

VoltPrimeLarge.png

VoltNewLook.png

Wow, his metal actually looks metallic in that image. I wonder what happened to the actual model. 

I'm kind of new to the whole Forums thing...was just pretty upset about this and wanted some responses. BTW, does OP stand for Origional Poster or something?

Correct in this instance. 

It also can stand for OverPowered. 

Edited by armedpoop

As far as I noticed Volt Prime has actually a lot of details that differs from the original Volt.

A bit more gold on the chest near the shoulders. Shoulder armor heavily changed. Knees are longer, goldener, with more details. The neck has some golden parts added. Foots are heavily changed too. And the sort of knot like thing in Volt's back is much bigger with much more details added. Let's not forget the small skin arrangements. Saying that Volt Prime has few or no differences with the original skin is more or less a lie.