Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Distributed Nat Proxies

[DE]Glen

The roll back didn't return it into a working state, not had a single team on any node since it was rolled back.  Plus analyse network just runs constantly requiring a Alt F4 to close warframe.  Normally it would come back in less than a second as nominal, as I don't suffer from strictnat since getting a better router other than when the matchmaking server is having a bad day

I second this. It seems that the rollback broke something along the way...

I'm using an IPFire router, everything was running smoothly until yesterday.

There are two systems here that run warframe. One is on the default ports (4950 & 4955) the other is on the next set (4960 & 4965)

Both are forwarded properly from the router and both have automated forwarding systems disabled in warframe.

However, the system on the default ports, whomever logs in doesn't show as being online. (the system using 4950 & 4955) the other works more-or-less properly.

Needless to say, this is a frustration.

If any logging and/or network details are needed by the devs to help troubleshoot, I'd be happy to provide.

edit:

additionally, running "analyze network" results in an endless analysis. (both systems just sit there until warframe is manually closed)

edit:

hotfix 6.1.4 fixed this for me.

Edited by xethier

hmm, ever since the server upgrade i've been experiencing relatively bad connectivity issues. Finding a public party takes extremely long now and ends up not even matching me up. (even on a currently very popular node) Sometimes i enter the solar map navigation and the 'please wait' note stays there for minutes on end, to the point of me having to force-quit the game. Perhaps my connectivity to the Singapore servers is worse than the old one at the west coast? >_>

The new cluster is live -- we're seeing far fewer people connecting through NY than expected and Amsterdam is running pretty hot. We may deploy an additional server in Europe after we see how the cluster handles things moving forward.

My bf is having the same issue. Matchmaking hasn't worked right for us since the Mesa update. He's in the UK and I'm in the States. He, nor I are behind strict NAT, but I (nor any of my friends in Canada or the US) can host any game for him. He has to host all the games. Once in a great while, if I remove him entirely from my friends/clan list and re-add, I can host one mission for him, then it's broken again. We're spending a fortune in credits trading keys back and forth just so he can host.

After this latest update, however, he doesn't even show up on my friends/clan list. He's listed as offline, yet I can still see him in the clan chat. He re-verified the game's files through Steam, re-started the game countless times, tried different settings and nothing worked. Finally, he used WF's Network Analyzer Tool (it took over 15 minutes to complete), and we managed to run one mission. It wouldn't work again after that. 

Out of curiosity, I was wondering what kind of drain the new "Flying Ships" loading screen is causing. I have noticed many matchmaking issues (with other friends as well) seem to have started after this animation. We never had issues when it was just entering a mission and dropping through ceiling tiles. Not nearly as aesthetic, I know, but it does seem to increase the glitches.

Thank you for all the work you are doing to try and resolve this mess. We're being patient, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

Respectfully,

DJT

Analyze Network should give up very quickly -- like after a minute -- if something is very wrong. If it runs forever that is a problem -- it may be helpful to get a log of this sent to support. Boot game, run Analyze, wait a few minutes, then alt-f4, send log in.

Analyze Network should give up very quickly -- like after a minute -- if something is very wrong. If it runs forever that is a problem -- it may be helpful to get a log of this sent to support. Boot game, run Analyze, wait a few minutes, then alt-f4, send log in.

Will try that. Thanks Glen. 

According to 2 other people and a person in this thread, apparently if you leave it run for a long time, 15-20mins, it will actually report the network is fine, and then inviting/recieving invites to lobbies works. But after that 1 mission it'll return to reporting the user is offline again back to square one.

Oddly random pub lobbies work seemingly normal. It's just impossible to do void or raids or play with clan/friends.

I'm about to verify that the analyse network will finish after 20mins myself. (I haven't been patient enough to leave it that long and have been alt f4ing after a max of 5mins)

I tried a few things including forcing my machine to use servers that don't exist to fake long analysis -- nothing I have done here has made it take a long time. One possibility is UPnP or NAT-PM is getting stuck. Can you please try disabling one or both? My suspicion is that it's UPnP since the NAT-PMP code is very simple (and we wrote it) whereas the UPnP stuff is all in the bowels of Windows.

One thing that happens now that didn't happen before is we actually wait for these port-forwarding services to complete before going forward with the analysis (this is better because you don't want to gripe at users about problems that may be fixed when the forwarding is complete). It's possible that forwarding gets stuck, analysis never completes as a result, and you don't pick a matchmaking server as a result.

I tried a few things including forcing my machine to use servers that don't exist to fake long analysis -- nothing I have done here has made it take a long time. One possibility is UPnP or NAT-PM is getting stuck. Can you please try disabling one or both? My suspicion is that it's UPnP since the NAT-PMP code is very simple (and we wrote it) whereas the UPnP stuff is all in the bowels of Windows.

One thing that happens now that didn't happen before is we actually wait for these port-forwarding services to complete before going forward with the analysis (this is better because you don't want to gripe at users about problems that may be fixed when the forwarding is complete). It's possible that forwarding gets stuck, analysis never completes as a result, and you don't pick a matchmaking server as a result.

As has been reported it's impossible to switch UPnP setting or NAT-PM in game options and then save because it hangs the client if you do.

Just sent an EE.log. Still not able to connect with friends.