Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Distributed Nat Proxies

[DE]Glen

Ok, if turning them off hangs that definitely supports the theory that one or the other is going bad. 

Bazools I see your log here and it doesn't look like anything hung -- it looks perfectly normal?

Trying something else now. The thing is i'm not the only one in my clan that can't join up in the same squad and is getting the error. I'll report back in a few.

EDIT: Yep... done. After disabling NAT_PMP i can invite and my clannies can invite me 2. Solved. Thanks Glen.

Edited by Bazools

I'm about to verify that the analyse network will finish after 20mins myself. (I haven't been patient enough to leave it that long and have been alt f4ing after a max of 5mins)

Well I ran the analyse network for a little over 20mins It never finished in that time so alt f4d and sent log.

To be clear: if analyze network hangs this will mean that you show offline to everyone. When you login we run an analysis pass under the hood -- this also selects which MM server is best for you to use. We actually run it twice:

1) Analyze Network quickly; pick best MM server if possible

2) Run port forwarding stuff (UPnP, NAT-PMP) to make it even better

3) Analyze Network again more thoroughly; pick best MM server if none selected already, report errors to user if found (Strict NAT, firewall etc).

In most cases step 1 will find a server and you will appear online.

In some cases port forwarding is absolutely required and you don't get a MM server until step 3; if UPnP hangs in this case you'd be stuck offline.

If you run analyze and all systems nominal, and your friend runs analyze, all systems nominal, and you STILL appear offline we got bigger problems.

I can send another log with me attempting to switch the UPnP settings and it hanging if that's any help

I'm looking at the code now; trying to figure out how UPnP could hang.

You can disable it the hard way by editing %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe\EE.cfg and right under

[Windows_Config,/EE/Types/Base/Config]

Add the line:

Net.EnableUPnP=0

You can disable it the hard way by editing %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe\EE.cfg and right under

Add the line:

Net.EnableUPnP=0

awesome! that worked.

cheers boss.

Well I ran the analyse network for a little over 20mins It never finished in that time so alt f4d and sent log.

Ok I see your logs now. Both the hang on shutdown and the endless analysis are the same thing; looks like hanging in UPnP initialization. I'll try to get something in for hotfix now that will let you disable it even if it's hung.

Add the line:

Net.EnableUPnP=0

One of my clannies still can't join. We've been trying the tips given here to no success. Hes sent in a EE.log with the following number  Request #329888 

I tried a few things including forcing my machine to use servers that don't exist to fake long analysis -- nothing I have done here has made it take a long time. One possibility is UPnP or NAT-PM is getting stuck. Can you please try disabling one or both? My suspicion is that it's UPnP since the NAT-PMP code is very simple (and we wrote it) whereas the UPnP stuff is all in the bowels of Windows.

One thing that happens now that didn't happen before is we actually wait for these port-forwarding services to complete before going forward with the analysis (this is better because you don't want to gripe at users about problems that may be fixed when the forwarding is complete). It's possible that forwarding gets stuck, analysis never completes as a result, and you don't pick a matchmaking server as a result.

Even trying to disable these hangs my WF client and leaves me having to alt F4 out.

One of my clannies still can't join. We've been trying the tips given here to no success. Hes sent in a EE.log with the following number  Request #329888 

Ok, in his case when he runs Analyze Network it tells him to open ports -- this is because he can only seem to reach 2 out of the 4 matchmaking servers. If he can't reach all matchmaking servers things aren't going to work. Judging from his log the only thing I can think of is exactly what the error message says: check your firewall.

Edit: I scanned the server logs for his IP address and found no errors.

Ok, in his case when he runs Analyze Network it tells him to open ports -- this is because he can only seem to reach 2 out of the 4 matchmaking servers. If he can't reach all matchmaking servers things aren't going to work. Judging from his log the only thing I can think of is exactly what the error message says: check your firewall.

Edit: I scanned the server logs for his IP address and found no errors.

Ok... I'll relay your answer. Thank you once again. Keep fighting that good fight. :)

Next hotfix turning off UPnP or NAT-PMP shouldn't hang (it'll wait up to 30 seconds and then give up). I've also improved the logging for UPnP setup so that maybe we can get some logs to hint where it's getting stuck.

Thank you so much Glen. This has helped tremendously!

My bf watched some YouTube videos and had disabled his DirectX. He was able to run in PUGs for the first time in months. I still couldn't see him online, so he tried disabling the UPnP, but it hung and he had to force close. I walked him through the steps from here on how to disable it in the EE.cfg file and he was able to do it that way. Re-started WF and we've run two missions so far where I can actually host! It's amazing!

Thank you so much for your dedication. This was my one great complaint for so long and now I'm one happy girl! Can we have a Glen statue in the relays? You've earned it!

Best,

DJT

LOL, I stand on the Rhino statue sometimes.

Next hotfix will have a 60 second timeout for UPnP in case of extreme crappiness, turning off in settings wait at most 30 seconds instead of waiting forever, and Analyze Network will gripe about UPnP hangs -- if it gripes you probably want to turn it off (or upgrade firmware if you can).

I appear offline again after the hot fix.  I was able to invite 1 person to a lobby and do an alert. But no random pubs joined the mission and one of the people I tried to invite appeared offlline. 

It's actually worse now because not only can't I invite or be invited I cant get random pub groups either.

Edited by Ghogiel

Well after the hotfix, i could see most of my friends online, but i couldnt join them when they invited me (host unreachable).Did the following steps on comment 56 and it just got worse, now i just see 3 friends online. I have other friends namely clan mates trying to invite but i get no invites.

Request number 330066

Edited by SlashD17