Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Distributed Nat Proxies

[DE]Glen

Iv been getting alot of disruptions/disconnections to warframe in the last few days, is this latest cascade of server issues the possible cause? As my problems are specifically:

- losing connection to chat

- losing connection to host

- several random "auto-logoff" when completing a mission

If not, should I be making a support ticket about these issues?

I'm sorry but this sounds like you have internet problems -- the fact that you're having trouble reaching three different servers strongly suggests that you've got local issues.

Hey Glen, Ive noticed since the last patch that when I first enter the game, it is very slow to show me who is online in my clan and friends section in the communications section. I have to wait now ~10-15 seconds before it starts to show me people online.

Is this a result of the tweaking and changes? This hasnt happened to me before ever until the last hotfix or possibly the one before it.

I'm not sure if this is implemented but would it be possible that squad forming is established based on the player who has the best connection/latency?

While I personally haven't had any issue, I've had numerous times experienced latency issue because of host internet being not good. Also, I believe the loot pick up bug could be caused by latency issue from host.

Hey Glen, Ive noticed since the last patch that when I first enter the game, it is very slow to show me who is online in my clan and friends section in the communications section. I have to wait now ~10-15 seconds before it starts to show me people online.

Is this a result of the tweaking and changes? This hasnt happened to me before ever until the last hotfix or possibly the one before it.

If this is right after you log in this could be it still scanning for UPnP or NAT-PMP; what does network analysis say? If it doesn't report that it's using either you can turn them both off in the settings to reduce boot up time.

I'm not sure if this is implemented but would it be possible that squad forming is established based on the player who has the best connection/latency?

While I personally haven't had any issue, I've had numerous times experienced latency issue because of host internet being not good. Also, I believe the loot pick up bug could be caused by latency issue from host.

It already does this.

It already does this.

To elaborate, it takes more than just your connection into account. "Host score" is based on latency, bandwidth and your computer configuration (it prefers more powerful machines, there's a performance overhead when hosting, so ideally we choose 4+ core machine which can run most of the networking code in the background). This happens when going back from a lobby, though, if you join in progress it'll keep the current host. If you ever run into a situation where you think it didn't select the best possible host, please send me your EE.log, I'll try to investigate.

my specs is Dual core E5700 3ghz intel CPU and 4 gigs of ram.. the only plus I have for me personally is 3G internet so I have good download speeds (I'm in south africa so I dont have that super awesome internet like the rest of the 1st world has, so 3G is rather good here) anyway I connect from South africa to EU, meaning most of the people I play with is from the EU.. now how does my PC and my Connection win the HOST award 90% of the time? when I join them I don't have noticeable lag, but let them join on me and we're all in lagsville, I take a noticeable hit due to the extra workload and they have to connect to me having awesome Download speeds but not so grand upload speed.... warframe has to start taking 3G into account when choosing the best host

Edit: refined some of my awesome engrish from thinking ahead while typing

Edited by Sibernetika

I'm back with more news;

The same thing is happening to me again which was never a problem before and has only recently became a problem. It can't be the connection as I can join the first squad perfectly fine, anything after that It always comes back with a Host Unavaliable problem or Host not found. I tried Disabling DX 11 and 10 but that didn't seem to make things better, tried a router reset, that also didn't work. My connection DOES work fine on other games, and by analysing the network in the Warframe options it says all systems nominal. So i'm not sure what the problem is here.

I'll say again, First squad is perfectly fine joining and doing missions with no lag whatsoever, the NEXT squad I join ALWAYS results in host not found.

Nevermind, Portforwarded a few times and everything seems to be back to normal, no idea why it decided to do that.

Edited by Latiac

my specs is Dual core E5700 3ghz intel CPU and 4 gigs of ram.. the only plus I have for me personally is 3G internet so I have good download speeds (I'm in south africa so I dont have that super awesome internet the rest of the 1st world has to so 3G is rather good here) anyway I connect from South africa to EU, meaning most of the people I play with is from the EU.. now how does my PC and my Connection win the HOST award 90% of the time? when I join them they dont have lag, and I dont have noticeable lag, but let them goin on me and we all in lagsvill I take a noticeable hit due to the extra work and then have to connect to me having awesome Download speeds but no so grand upload speed.... warframe has to start taking 3G into account when choosing the best host

The problem is that the latency and bandwidth of 3G is good enough to not be a problem, but saturation is a problem. The tests to determine the host are run when the connection is in low use, before the game begins. At that point your connection appears good, so it picks you. Then the game starts so you have to deal with massive numbers of communications and, no matter how small they are, your connection gets bogged down.

When saturation is an issue, lag usually gets worse as the game goes on as well.

I don't want to spam Glen's topic too much, host election is an unrelated matter. If there's enough interest, I'm glad to discuss the details elsewhere.

Sibernetika - as I a said before - please send me logs from the run when you were selected the host, we can see what's going on exactly, from the sounds of it, you're not that great host candidate.

Host election process is not based on lobby traffic (which is laughable), it tries to simulate in-game conditions (and not kill your connection, so it doesn't go insanely high and backs off if needed).