The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe Slowly Becoming Pay To Win?

Yazeth

More like Pay2GetBoredExtremelyFast. Buy buying prime access (with weapon like last one with Soma Prime) or just Boltor Prime from trade chat you severally reduce playtime as you get strait to DPS maximum point instead slowly progressing through market and clan dojo research weapons.

DE should add more cosmetic stuff like different ship cephalons instead of Ordis, color palletes with colors that affect material itself (reflectivity etc.), more skins that are not retextures (like excalibur proto skin)

It is somewhere in between, paynot2beboredbygrind, and pay2skipthegame.

Cosmetics are what should be monetized in the first place, but it seem DE chosen different path. They are monetizing on player2player trade.

Question - Paid for maxed rare 10 mods, common , uncommon and maxed primed mods. Is that pay to win or pay to grind less or pay to be ahead guys?

Abit confused cause paying to grind less does grind ALOT less then without paying. And also paying to be ahead. Im 500hrs in, and my hornet strike and other mods are still not maxed yet so being ahead is just....incomparable.

Edited by Kz.Prime

ive seen lots of people here that dont know what pay to win is..

THIS IS PAY TO WIN:

-Game makes you use ingame cash to actually win on the game 

-Enhance your gear to actually survive and do damage

-To enhance you need cash items or you will fail the enchance or loose your item

-Use your ingame cash to win on pvp

Like others said.. this game is only pay to skip or be *fabulous* with accesories

Edited by xDesconocidox

this subject comes up every update or two. nothing as really changed. people just get fed up with the current system, and they go on the forums and say "warframe is becoming pay 2 win!" buy all the plat you want, get all the weapons, warframes, cosmetics, sentinels, whatever. if you're bad at the game, you're bad at the game. i, and many others, buy plat to support DE. i bought prime access because i love loki, and bo and i had some extra dough. Pay 2 Win means that you have the upper hand if you use real money to buy stuff. but in warframe it doesn't matter, really. i see people waltzing around with a boltor prime, not even getting 12% of the damage.

tldr: No.

Syandanas are freely obtainable with a small grind for one syndicate. The boosters have always been there. Complaining about the effect it has on syndicate weapons is the same as complaining that people are getting credits too quickly. A booster is a booster. The helmets are inexpensive enough that a few trades in the market or cash out of pocket can make attaining the desired helmet obtainable easily enough.

It's not. It hasn't. It (hopefully) never will be. End of story. No, and every time I see one of these threads, I want to curl up into a ball of sadness and despair because literally every week there is a thread about this stuff.

It's pay to skip, not pay to win. Honestly, do you even know what pay to win means?

NOOOOO IT'S NOOO0o0o0o0oOO0o0o0oTTT!!!!

lol'd

But really if I were to compare the situation in which the game was when I joined (around the Zephyr update), things are kind of ok right now. Arcanes from raids are not at all crucial or game changing which in my opinion should give you plenty of time to farm for prime parts and get some plat. In regards to R5 fusion cores I have to bring up the Zephyr update once again; there was no such thing as fusion cores packs, so really we're having it easy now. 

The only real problem I'm noticing are the credits. Everyone who's been playing since the void gave ridonculous amounts of credits will most likely never run into cash shortage issues while everyone else most certainly will (arcane enhancements=200k, void trader= anywhere from 100k to 400k, maxing out R10 mods=roughly 2mill credits). So what do you do to face this issue? buy a credit booster, or wait for DE to give them for free on a weekend.

Edited by osheroth

You see, kid, pay to win is like these examples:

- Law of Retribution key is platinum-purchase, cannot be refunded, consumed upon entering, sucks to be a wood-PC host that crashes every hour.

- Stat cosmetics obtained from random-item-generating item purchased through cash only, not plat which means it ignores plat trading. set bonus when you wore them all.

- Fusing mods can now cause a failure of upgrading, purchase certain items that nullifies the breaking chance. Imagine your oh-so-lucky rank 9 legendary-grade mod suddenly turns to dust after attempting to go rank 10.

- Polarity change will have chance to fail, purchase protective item to make the re-Forma successful. Chance of success decreases for every after each polarity change.

- Prime Warframes are only Prime Access purchasable. You can't farm them. Added with higher stats than its vanilla version.

- Events and Quests (Tethra Doom, Fomorian Sabotage, Grineer Informer, Stolen Dreams) are DLCs. Purchase them and get exclusive missions and items only obtainable with cash. No plat purchase.

I can think of more pay to win situations that are not in Warframe.

What is pay-to-win to the eyes of people who think this game has P2W system.

- OMG Nova Prime access too expensive! pay to win game! dead game!

- he 5-forma'd that weapon under 5 hours and I'm still on 2nd forma.

- his Vaykor blast proc'd twice as fast because he has XP booster, which is actually helpful. It staggers and cause damage to any enemy around.

- rich boy bought Primed Chamber for 1000p, now he's laminating the mod and turn it into a clock-heavy necklace.

- Man, these warframe parts are taking too long. I'm too impatient and think paying to rush the process is pay-to-win.

Edited by faustias

I see if they only release a weapon that is like a soma with 5 barrels that shoots rockets, that dont harm the user, and boltor prime bolts and its like Godly Primed and they sold it for 500 plat, and allowed it in PvP.....that's my version of pay to win.

- Law of Retribution key is platinum-purchase, cannot be refunded, consumed upon entering, sucks to be a wood-PC host that crashes every hour.

- Stat cosmetics obtained from random-item-generating item purchased through cash only, not plat which means it ignores plat trading. set bonus when you wore them all.

- Fusing mods can now cause a failure of upgrading, purchase certain items that nullifies the breaking chance. Imagine your oh-so-lucky rank 9 legendary-grade mod suddenly turns to dust after attempting to go rank 10.

- Polarity change will have chance to fail, purchase protective item to make the re-Forma successful. Chance of success decreases for every after each polarity change.

- Prime Warframes are only Prime Access purchasable. You can't farm them. Added with higher stats than its vanilla version.

- Events and Quests (Tethra Doom, Fomorian Sabotage, Grineer Informer, Stolen Dreams) are DLCs. Purchase them and get exclusive missions and items only obtainable with cash. No plat purchase.

- his Vaykor blast proc'd twice as fast because he has XP booster, which is actually helpful. It staggers and cause damage to any enemy around.

- rich boy bought Primed Chamber for 1000p, now he's laminating the mod and turn it into a clock-heavy necklace.

- Man, these warframe parts are taking too long. I'm too impatient and think paying to rush the process is pay-to-win.

QFT.

I think tihs post basicly ends discussion . 

well said mister 

Edited by Afx__

Seriously this game IS already pay to win.  How can you lose when you look so good?  Pay2Swag = P2W when you look so good with all that Primed bling on you, pay 1000$ and YOU too can swag as hard as me: \/

bWZI2rX.gif

[psst.  I know jokes sometimes don't translate well to people well, but um... I'm joking.]

Edited by achromos

/thread

Seriously this game IS already pay to win.  How can you lose when you look so good?  Pay2Swag = P2W when you look so good with all that Primed bling on you, pay 1000$ and YOU too can swag as hard as me: \/

bWZI2rX.gif

[psst.  I know jokes sometimes don't translate well to people well, but um... I'm joking.]

Xerxes Prime.

oh man, imagine we get a Prime accessory hinting those chains and golds wore by Xerxes.

its pay to not grind for a few hours.

get out.

At this point it's more pay to not wait than pay to not grind, honestly.

Kubrows? Pay to not wait. Applies in a lot of ways, most importantly for stasis stuff, since that's not a matter of having a new dog.

9 piece building chroma? Pay to not wait.

Mirage and Limbo? Pay to not wait. (or do the Limbo quests with randoms instead of in the quest line, breaks your progression though)

1. There are, currently, at least 8 completely free syandanas--6 from syndicates, 1 from void trader, 1 from an event.

2. Boosters do *not* affect the rate at which your syndicate virtue fires off.

3. Enchantments are pretty hard core, but only for the hard core.

4. "If trading didn't exist" isn't an argument, as it does, and has for over a year and a half. It's one of the oldest features of the game.

The syndicate system is borderline p2w, especially given the power and health regens.

Orokin reactors and catalysts are rationed hardcore, they are always needed for frame and weapon progression yet they put them on the syndicate rank system.

Blatant and i guarantee this caused a massive increase in cash shop sales of those items.