The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe Slowly Becoming Pay To Win?

Yazeth

The syndicate system is borderline p2w, especially given the power and health regens.

Orokin reactors and catalysts are rationed hardcore, they are always needed for frame and weapon progression yet they put them on the syndicate rank system.

Blatant and i guarantee this caused a massive increase in cash shop sales of those items.

but now you can only do it once.

if you want to up-and-down with any syndicate for some reason (like new OP weapon on a syndicate but you're -2 Rank), you can only clear the offerings once. Unless, I miss something about this.

Your only problem now is dealing with daily rep cap.

Edited by faustias

if you want to up-and-down with any syndicate for some reason (like new OP weapon on a syndicate but you're -2 Rank), you can only clear the offerings once. Unless, I miss something about this.

Copy & Paste for clarity:

• Syndicates no longer require multiple sacrifices if players drop from a higher tier to a lower one.  Players will only need to make one sacrifice ever when moving between tiers.

Your only problem now is dealing with daily rep cap.

True they did seem to fix it, it was there for a while though.

warframe is pay-to-gain-faster

and it is not problem for me

also you could have like 6 syandanas this year for no plat

Problem are recent nerfs,afk timer that steal your mana and similiar qality of live downgrades 

Now i really want just to afk-farm but it is result of this farm-nerfing that does not seems to ever stop

i think DE needs to take one long looong step back take 1 huge breath and think about 2 minutes about ''is it really best idea to constantly nerf things and make ppl sad without fixing game-breaking bugs''

I think nerfing e-gate was good thing 

but nerfing all game modes , many builds n S#&$?

for example I can not play nyx anymore because of afk timer

some time ago it was cool deffense frame and now She droped from top-tier into low-tier with ember 

this is resulting in this:

ppl want:loki,trinity,vauban and for survival add nekro

leaving all frames ingame behind

not because they were bad but because they were nerfed on the GROOOOOOOUND

Wait, What? Bro, the fact that you think Nyx is low tier because of the AFK system is really, really sad. If the AFK system is making it hard for you, that doesnt mean Nyx is bad, it means YOU are bad.

True they did seem to fix it, it was there for a while though.

yeah... sucks to be those players who went up-and-down with syndicates and rushed the sacrifices with plat purchases.

looking on the bright side, it was there not too long. glad DE changed it to one-time sacrifice only.

Edited by faustias

OP, try some of the real PtW games first then come back to Warframe. It seems people get spoiled by DE:(

True. They seem to have NO clue what they are talking about. Try World of Tanks/World of Warplanes, LOL or ANYTHING by Ubisoft these days if you want to see REAL Pay2Win.

Pay2Win in WARFRAME?????

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

@OP

I do not see Warframe going that way.

Warframe is Pay4Convenience (That SO needs to go into Internet slang somewhere)

Edited by Kalenath

It's always been this way and it's the reason most people complain about nerfs and stuff.

Sadly the other half of the community that 'loves' their 1000 hour grind for a single frame always have smartass remarks to it.

So they got what they wanted. 

Let me clear something for you, every time we pay for something in life, we win something, even when gambling, we pay for the thrill, wherever there is money, there is something to be won.

Now I'm sorry the DE staff and rest of eastern civilization are not communists or slaves who work free of charge for you.

Also, everything some1 pay for in this game can be acquired by a non paying person at an obvious slower pace, and that's what you gain: Time.

You pay for time in this game, because presumably you already lost some in real life to earn this very money. If you're not satisfied, go 'lose' more time in real life to be able to 'lose' less time in a game.

Only way I could see WF being a pay to win is if the prime frames/weapons are vastly better then their normal counterparts.  And while both nova and volt prime have broken the trend DE set with prime frames you can still farm to get these.

Pay to win only applies when you can't get said OP item without buying it.

Even if it WAS tied to Market only Syandanas (Which its NOT) all Market Syandanas are CHEAP and the plat needed can easily be made by trading mods and prime parts, you don't need to pay a CENT for this game if you really don't want to..

Syndicate Syans, Void Trader Syans,
Helmets can also be used and are regularly up FREE as alerts...

Here's an idea!  spend 5 mins researching this stuff before posting huh?