Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To The People Arguing About The Synoid Nerf

DarkLordX2

And? Are you trying to say we shouldn't be unhappy when DE overnerfs a weapon that people like?

Because for me, at least, the S.gamma is not the first time they've done that. I quit playing for over a year because of that and I know I'm not the only one in that camp.

You want to promote diversity in weapon selection? Buff some weapons and/or mods for other weapons. Problem solved. I'm not saying everything needs to pull 35k dps however, don't think I am.

This.

Instead of the SudaCorex I fell in love with the Vaykor Marelok.

How long until its single-shot damage is deemed too powerful and theN "balanced"?.

Or worse yet, I get to have my 'Justice' effect "Balanced" and the armor buff it grants me becomes next to useless on higharmor frames.

It seems that the issue wasnt that the SudaCore was unbalanced.... it just got too popular. 

~I'll ask you to again read what you first quoted.  But I'll make things simple on you since you seem to lack the ability.  When I stated "S. gammacor works fine in normal content" I was referring to content that is below the 40 minute mark or 40 wave mark.  Basically where most of warframe community plays.  The raid and content past the 40 mark falls into "high end content" where the game is imbalanced.  This is because past this mark enemy level, health, and damage all scale much higher and faster then we do with our gear.

-When DE adds something that is not endless, we consider that to be an addition to the difficulty ceiling. Now DE has raised the ceiling to lvl 80, so we take it in our calculations to be within balanced endgame.40 minute mark can be quite subjective depending on what tier of mission you are talking about. And please tell me where you got the statistics that most of the community plays at that mark. What you call normal content is mid to late-game at max. It's okay to not have a weapon capable of endgame be overnerfed to not be viable anymore? It's ok to not rebalance it so that it's not OP, but powerful and sustainable? Well what can I say.

~Secondly i'm not asking for DE to rebalance raids or high end game content.  When you enter high level play in any game TONS of things become not viable.  Only a few small things become able to carry into that content.  Which imo is fine.  Because if everything worked amazing in all areas of content the game would be bland.

-Yeah, no. That is subjective. Your arguement would have been valid if all guns worked the same, but in Warframe the intense variety of weaponry we have can only add to the spice of things if more things become viable, not overpowered. I think running a raid now with a braton prime, then with a cernos, then with a dread, then with an ignis is much more fun than running a raid with boltor prime, soma prime, boltor prime, paris prime, and oh look boltor prime again.(not to say these are only ones viable, but just as an example). But taking away from that already limited variety does nothing to alleviate the blandness.

~I don't care how long you have been around.  Just like in real life I treat everyone the same.  I respect and hold everyone's word to the same degree unless said person has managed to do something to make me treat them differently.  In this case All your testing can and has been done by several other players.  And any and all information you could possibly have will be somewhere around the internet.  I can learn what took you 2 years to figure out in less then one weekend of intense study.  So telling me you've been around for 2 years doesn't mean anything at all to me.

-Respect is not something I think you can lay claim to have. I did nothing to insult you, simply reply to a post, yet your tone to me was clearly offensive. I am flattered. Then your pride kicks in and you trivialise experience. Okay, lol. I never meant my gametime to mean anything to you. I simply implied that I have stuck around long enough and played long enough  to know how things work here, so I can hope to be taken seriously when I voice an opinion, or when any old player states an opinion. Sure, you can figure it out. You can definitely be much better than me. But figuring something out and learning to use it are two different things.

But lets leave that aside. 

~My last point was that usually in high end content (which I have defined for you in this reply) most teams run large ammo/health/energy restores.  So your ammo consumption shouldn't be an issue.  And if you tell me that you shouldn't have to bring everything possible to be prepared in the most difficult content of the game then the fault lies on you and your team and not the game or nerfs.  Even in destiny (which most consider to have a poor example of raids) people bring ammo munitions in case the game doesn't grace them with enough drops.

-Polarising your gear multiple times, poring over their builds for hours and hours of play-testing is not preparation. Right. Taking ammo boxes to be dropped every-few minutes for 1 gun makes it totally alright. Okay. You are supposed to use ammo-boxes when the tide turns against you to the extreme and the requirements exceed that of the gun's capability.  Not to simply make it work like it is supposed to.

The synoid nerf is DE telling players to actually use your other guns.  It still does insane damage.  And the high level content argument is null either because a) there are still plenty of other weapons and frames you can use in end game and the synoid still works fine for a majority of content.

-Hey guys, they overnerfed one gun, but it's fine because other guns and warframes can do what it could do with a little bit rebalancing. So let's not give DE our opinions so they can take a second look, but leave it because it's still fine for most stuff that isn't high level.  Let's not care about people who might want it to perform at high levels again. The players who played with only the gammacor either enjoyed it that much or were simply min-maxers. But if they enjoy their game that way it is for no-one to tell them otherwise. Let them have their fun. Only thing this bad balancing did was nudge them back to their boltor primes or some primes for the DPS junkies. I'm sure that's making them try out all the guns in the game. Totally. You can bring a horse to the water, but YOU CAANNOT MAKE IT DRINK. People will play how they like. Forcing them to play as you see fit will only oush them away. If they feel interested enough in other guns they will check them out for themselves.  Neither you nor I needs to force them into it. No-one and nothing can stop burnout when guzzling on one gun. Long-term players know this, which is why most of them have a variety of weapons they love to use in addition to the one they spend their time perfecting.

OR b) in high level content it's best to be running with restores anyway, so the nerf it received isn't an issue.

-Since players run restores anyway, it's ok that the ammo economy is ridculous . No need for fix.

I called your skill into question because you referred to needing ammo restores in normal combat as being a bad thing.  And since you quoted my post where I CLEARLY defined normal content and even pointed out raids I assumed you were referring to my normal content.  I will take partial blame as I didn't understand what you meant by normal at first (since you left it completely vague and then bolded it in your reply to try and make me look foolish.  Not clever) But you still hold majority blame for misquoting.

It's not bad that the average player needs to burn through consumables to keep a gun going for moderate to slightly long periods of time ? The DEX FURIS, king of ammohogs, can be kept going with a mutation mod, and careful, controlled firing, yet the synoid gives you no control over its fire-rate. What does this tell you? We need the fire-rate to be adjusted around x4.5-x3.5 times the original ammo cost. hek even x2 would be fine. But let's weight it to be more ammo hungry, for balance's sake. I have tried to answer your arguements in your own post. My replies are preceded by a hypphen.

for clarity's sake it was never my intention to make you look foolish. The meaning of normal is the established difficulty ceiling outside of endless missions. That's Raid. Endgame if you will. And I think  it is fine for weapons to be viable endgame with effort and love.

I have a four forma'd Synoid Gammacor.  It wasn't just THE high level viable secondary.  It was THE weapon.  There wasn't anything comparable.  Soma prime, Boltor prime,  Amprex, Torid, other syndicate weapons, nothing came close to it.  Sure, you would bring a primary to offset its weak spots, but it was your bread and butter.  It is still the the best secondary, but now primaries are what they were supposed to be.  Your primary weapon.

True. But players were using it as a fallback weapon when the going got tough. Ammo consumption still needs to be large, but manageably large. Right now it's too awry for comfort.

Edited by Evanescent

Just drop some fire rate from your build.  It is still the best secondary.

Yes because clearly nobody has tried that solution. How revolutionary you are. Seriously, if it was as simple as that then people wouldn't be so upset about the nerf, the ammo consumption on the synoid currently is overboard, reduce fire rate, add a ammo mutation mod, it still empties out like nobodies business. 

It may be second or third best at normal tier missions, but it has been ruined for anything late game with the current ammo situation. And since that is where weapons really start to matter, it's basically useless. 

As I said in another thread complaining about the Synoid Nerf: the game does not revolve around one weapon.  

I was doing assassination missions last night (pre-emptively farming for chroma) and was able to fire a sustained blast from my Synoid for 35 seconds, and only drain half of my 105-round clip.  No weapon this powerful should be sustained for this long.  It needed a nerf.  

I literally yawn as I kill everything in sight.  That's a serious design problem because it reduces the game's strategy to a constant blare of BLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

You do realize the PS4 hasn't received this nerf yet right? Why are you trying to argue for it when you haven't even experienced it yet?

Am I missing something?

You do realize the PS4 hasn't received this nerf yet right? Why are you trying to argue for it when you haven't even experienced it yet?

Am I missing something?

Maybe he's hoping that if he argues for it, DE will somehow think they already patched it into PS4 and thus forget to actually do it.

Okay so basically it's okay for there to be end-game viable weapons but synoid gamamcor isn't allowed to be part of that because it's the synoid and you don't like it? I'm just puzzled, you argue for other weapons being end-game viable, yet also argue against people who want to know why a weapon that was very end-game viable went from that to not at all. 

and there is no secret message from de behind the nerf, they wanted to fix a broken weapon, they tried, the broke it another way. if they wanted players to have to swap between all their weapons all the time they'd make all weapons less ammo friendly, not a single weapon. but sure it's fine and dandy to bring ammo restores to high level content as a sort of remedy, but you shouldn't also have to bring an ammo mutation as well. if a gun needs two modes of ammo restoration to remain viable it isn't viable. 

Clearly you didn't actually read what I said.  And as far as I know nothing did near as much damage as the S. gammacor did.  It was THE weapon to have. That's a problem.  Second part of your post is redundant. 

Clearly you didn't actually read what I said.  And as far as I know nothing did near as much damage as the S. gammacor did.  It was THE weapon to have. That's a problem.  Second part of your post is redundant. 

So because it was THE weapon, it's okay for it now to be essentially nothing? I'm still not seeing your logic. Weapons can be quite powerful, but just not the synoid because it was too powerful once upon a time? Is that it? Got a bad taste of it so now it deserves to suck instead of being fixed. 

And how is it redundant, you keep trying to make up these excuses for the over nerf like some subtext meaning from the devs but there is nothing. You have no defense for how severe the nerf was. It wasn't some example, a display of what the devs don't care for, It was purely another "fix" de messed up on. Same with ammo, suggesting the solution is using ammo mutation plus ammo restores just shows how far the rebalance missed its mark. 

It's not bad that the average player needs to burn through consumables to keep a gun going for moderate to slightly long periods of time ? The DEX FURIS, king of ammohogs, can be kept going with a mutation mod, and careful, controlled firing, yet the synoid gives you no control over its fire-rate. What does this tell you? We need the fire-rate to be adjusted around x4.5-x3.5 times the original ammo cost. hek even x2 would be fine. But let's weight it to be more ammo hungry, for balance's sake. I have tried to answer your arguements in your own post. My replies are preceded by a hypphen.

for clarity's sake it was never my intention to make you look foolish. The meaning of normal is the established difficulty ceiling outside of endless missions. That's Raid. Endgame if you will. And I think  it is fine for weapons to be viable endgame with effort and love.

True. But players were using it as a fallback weapon when the going got tough. Ammo consumption still needs to be large, but manageably large. Right now it's too awry for comfort.

~ "We?"  I haven't heard anyone make this kind of claim besides you.  If it's one thing you should learn it's to not speak for others.  Also that's rather silly.  They had to jack up the enemy for raids because you could be potentially playing with more then 4 people.  That doesn't mean end game as a whole now starts at 80.  That's just nonsense.  Where did I get the statistic for 40 and where the community typically plays at?  From talking to experienced players and from the people I've watched on youtube.  I've typically heard that it's much better to just start over an endless after all rotations then to continue for the reset but with drastically vamped up enemies.

~ Calling things subjective in an argument gets you no where.  it's like saying "that's YOUR opinion"  it adds nothing.  As I have attempted to explain in the rest of my argument they synoid is still perfectly viable in end game content.  You just can't main it alone like you could before.

~ If you didn't intend for your playtime to mean anything significant then you shouldn't have brought it up.  I have no idea on what you mean by my "pride."  Typically people boast their experience to try and state that "I know what i'm talking about" if you challenge their opinion and call them wrong.  Which is what I thought you were doing.  Again, if you weren't trying to do something like that don't bring it up.  It had no place in the argument.  And i didn't say experience meant nothing.  I do respect people who've been through a lot.  But I'm not going to look at your side as being probably correct anymore then someone elses side.  When a point is to be made in a debate both sides are looked at evenly.  The only time i'd use experience over someone who is less is when it comes to something like designing a game or making art.  If you have more experience in that area you are obviously more qualified.

~ "supposed to?"  I'm sorry, when was it decided that you get to declare how something is supposed to be performing?  I'm pretty sure that's DE's job.

~ If you could point me to another gun that preformed nearly identical in both ammo conservation and damage output I'd be willing to accept that reply.  But you can't.  Because nothing was as good as it.  And if i've learned anything from other games and communities it's that force is needed at some points.  There are plenty of people out there who will try and use several weapons and frames.  There are reasonable people.  But usually the casual playbase of anygame looks for the strongest things and the easiest way to do things.  And the only way they learn to change is to take their sought after things away.  I have talked to enough synoid users that feel the gun is still fine to believe in my opinion.

Raid levels do not dictate normal levels because the raid is not normal play.  Therefore it's determined by other means.  In this case enemy level, health, and damage don't start scaling high and fast until around the 40 min/wave mark.  So it only makes sense to claim that is where normal content ends.  And I have heard this from several seasoned players.  So it's not like i'm making this up.

So because it was THE weapon, it's okay for it now to be essentially nothing? I'm still not seeing your logic. Weapons can be quite powerful, but just not the synoid because it was too powerful once upon a time? Is that it? Got a bad taste of it so now it deserves to suck instead of being fixed. 

And how is it redundant, you keep trying to make up these excuses for the over nerf like some subtext meaning from the devs but there is nothing. You have no defense for how severe the nerf was. It wasn't some example, a display of what the devs don't care for, It was purely another "fix" de messed up on. Same with ammo, suggesting the solution is using ammo mutation plus ammo restores just shows how far the rebalance missed its mark. 

It was the best.  There shouldn't be the best anything.  The logic is quite simple.  It was too strong.  Stronger then any other gun.  It needed a nerf.  And it's not nothing nor does it suck.  You are making hyperbullic statments to fill in the gaps of what little argument you have formed.  Since you can't actually debate and insist on using hyperbull and not actual counter points i'm no longer replying to you.

It was the best.  There shouldn't be the best anything.  The logic is quite simple.  It was too strong.  Stronger then any other gun.  It needed a nerf.  And it's not nothing nor does it suck.  You are making hyperbullic statments to fill in the gaps of what little argument you have formed.  Since you can't actually debate and insist on using hyperbull and not actual counter points i'm no longer replying to you.

that isn't what i said, i asked why it isn't allowed to be good now because it was great before? and you still haven't answered that, you just skip to some other situation entirely. but if you don't want to actually converse and address my points out of fear of being proven wrong, go ahead and leave the conversation. that gesture alone tells me volumes about how solid your argument is. 

If a game features any form of progression then there is always going to be a best. The attitude that nothing should be top dog so it should be nerfed is nonsensical because eventually using that logic everything will be equally bad.

So they nerfed the s.gamma and now what? Rakta? Vaykor? Soma P? Boltor P? Because those aren't far behind. When do we stop nerfing the few weapons people like and invested materials (and money) into instead of making less used weapons and mods better?

Please note that again, I'm not saying everything needs to or should do 35k dps.

Edited by f3llyn

Actually, in our version it still IS too strong. Since X1 and PS4 are on the same version, and my clan mates are reporting it hasn't changed, because I don't have it, I can only guess that the PC members are experiencing the highly nerfed version and the consoles are using the OP version.

From what I can tell from the comments on the wiki page the PC community have the same general complaint that though the S. Gammacor still has the same DPS they are claiming the ammo efficiency is so horrendous keeping in stocked requires mutation and pistol scavenger and they still say it takes a whole clip to kill a corrupt heavy gunner.

I don't have the gun either way, I'm just saying you're mileage might differ depending on what version of the game you're playing. I know the internet likes to exaggerate things but unless you played the PC version and used it, or crunched the numbers from the PC specs, can't really say if they are blowing it out of proportion or not...if you play on console.

If a game features any form of progression then there is always going to be a best. The attitude that nothing should be top dog so it should be nerfed is nonsensical because eventually using that logic everything will be equally bad.

So they nerfed the s.gamma and now what? Rakta? Vaykor? Soma P? Boltor P? Because those aren't far behind. When do we stop nerfing the few weapons people like and invested materials (and money) into instead of making less used weapons and mods better?

Please note that again, I'm not saying everything needs to or should do 35k dps.

You realise it was twice better than the next best? Now it's "only" one of the best. The balancing makes more weapon viable instead of the only a single outlier making everything else irrelevant.

Knight Raime, this arguement with you is doing nothing but derailing the topic. But I'd like to ask you a question.

HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY A NERF WHEN YOU HAVE NOT EVEN EXPERIENCED IT YET?

I have experienced it, as have the PC players who are talking about it. We have an idea of what we are talking about. 

So I'd like you to answer me how you can form an opinion of something you have not even experienced? Because frankly anything that does not agree with you is redundant, and you are going around pulling facts and opinions out of nowhere on a subject you have no idea about.

You realise it was twice better than the next best? Now it's "only" one of the best. The balancing makes more weapon viable instead of the only a single outlier making everything else irrelevant.

Nerfing one weapon has literally no affect on how viable anything else is. That doesn't make any sense. 

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

The biggest thing I liked about the synoid gammacor is being able to shoot for a long time before reloading. I also love its fast reload. I find that the most comfortable in a weapon. I would've preverred they flat out nerfed the damage instead of working it out to its current state. The high ammo consumption sucks.

You have a Primary and a Melee weapon.

No one should rely ONLY on their Secondary

Except there are secondaries that are efficient enough to be your "primary". Therefore, any that are not, are underpowered by comparison.  The painfully slow weapon switching is not conducive to a style of play where we transition between weapons a lot.

Also while there are still some really good primary weapons out there that can actually do something to missus [80] Corrupted Heavy Gunner Sanguine eximus, don't even dare to suggest we use melee in a "serious" mission.

Ah, no? Well, must tell my tonbo to stop downing lv90-100 eximi in 2 seconds flat then.

It's not the weapon, it's how you use it. Be a little more creative please. You can't use your OP FOTM gun? Well, S#&$. No other weapons out there amirite?

It isn't one of the best though, as people have mentioned while the nerf might not heavily impact mid to low trier levels, in the higher triers synoid is absolutely dead thanks to this nerf. It doesn't kill nearly fast enough as it needs to for replenishing its ammo, and unless you want to pop an ammo restore every few minutes or less it will have no ammo. 

Ah, no? Well, must tell my tonbo to stop downing lv90-100 eximi in 2 seconds flat then.

It's not the weapon, it's how you use it. Be a little more creative please. You can't use your OP FOTM gun? Well, S#&$. No other weapons out there amirite?

No matter how you use the synoid it is no good anymore for end-game anymore, so wrong. And how about de nerfs that tonbo of yours as well then, I mean why should your flavor of the month weapon get different treatment then ours? 

Another one of these threads? I'll bite.

Yes, it's a secondary. Yes, it's still high burst DPS. Believe it or not, not everyone used it because it was overpowered; some of us liked the ammo-efficient beam weapon. Instead of just nerfing its damage down to somewhere sensible, we've got a weapon that eats through your primary ammo even with ammo mutation -  that's not something a lot of us want to use.

We now have an extremely inefficient, short-range burst pistol with a nerfed syndicate proc effect - that's something that's not going to fit in many loadouts compared to the next secondary down the list that doesn't suffer from these drawbacks. Please look at the entire argument, and for the hundreds of other threads, before posting a thread to say stuff like this.

There is a difference between having one thing being the best versus a small amount of things being the best.  There are plenty of other good things in end game.  the synoid was just miles better then them.  There shouldn't be 1 go to thing.

Actually, in our version it still IS too strong. Since X1 and PS4 are on the same version, and my clan mates are reporting it hasn't changed, because I don't have it, I can only guess that the PC members are experiencing the highly nerfed version and the consoles are using the OP version.

From what I can tell from the comments on the wiki page the PC community have the same general complaint that though the S. Gammacor still has the same DPS they are claiming the ammo efficiency is so horrendous keeping in stocked requires mutation and pistol scavenger and they still say it takes a whole clip to kill a corrupt heavy gunner.

I don't have the gun either way, I'm just saying you're mileage might differ depending on what version of the game you're playing. I know the internet likes to exaggerate things but unless you played the PC version and used it, or crunched the numbers from the PC specs, can't really say if they are blowing it out of proportion or not...if you play on console.

I'm aware our version has yet to be nerfed.  My opinion is formed from my own understanding of the nerf, watching comparison videos, and gathering opinions from PC players on the forums.  There are plenty of them who think the nerf was fine just as I do.  I don't have to use it to understand it.  Which is what you imply.

Knight Raime, this arguement with you is doing nothing but derailing the topic. But I'd like to ask you a question.

HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY A NERF WHEN YOU HAVE NOT EVEN EXPERIENCED IT YET?

I have experienced it, as have the PC players who are talking about it. We have an idea of what we are talking about. 

So I'd like you to answer me how you can form an opinion of something you have not even experienced? Because frankly anything that does not agree with you is redundant, and you are going around pulling facts and opinions out of nowhere on a subject you have no idea about.

I don't understand why you are asking me this when I have mentioned in my replies before where i got my opinions.  So either you have forgotten or you are simply falling back on this weak reply because you don't have much to go on.  But i'll re state to make it easy for you.  My opinion around the nerf and what the end game content is and what a majority of players play all came from videos that I have seen and other players on the forums that play PC and from doing my own research.

You're acting like im ignorant and that I don't have a right to discuss the nerf simply because I haven't used it yet.  Which is stupid.  Experience is important and has it's place.  But it doesn't change factual data.  And it's fact that the gun still does crazy damage.  The only thing that has changed is that it can't be mained for a whole mission.  And nice assumption of me.  If you are going to continue to talk to me like this and make assumptions about me i'm not going to reply to you anymore.

It isn't one of the best though, as people have mentioned while the nerf might not heavily impact mid to low trier levels, in the higher triers synoid is absolutely dead thanks to this nerf. It doesn't kill nearly fast enough as it needs to for replenishing its ammo, and unless you want to pop an ammo restore every few minutes or less it will have no ammo. 

No matter how you use the synoid it is no good anymore for end-game anymore, so wrong. And how about de nerfs that tonbo of yours as well then, I mean why should your flavor of the month weapon get different treatment then ours? 

What's your high level? It obliterates raid's lvl 80s in few seconds with reasonable ammo usage, (unless you cant mod, cant aim or cant let go off the trigger). It's still top tier weapon.

Nerfing one weapon has literally no affect on how viable anything else is. That doesn't make any sense. 

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

Balance is relative, if one weapon is twice better than everything else, only this one weapon will be used, making everything else a mastery fodder. As we've seen with Synoid. 

What's your high level? It obliterates raid's lvl 80s in few seconds with reasonable ammo usage, (unless you cant mod, cant aim or cant let go off the trigger). It's still top tier weapon.

Balance is relative, if one weapon is twice better than everything else, only this one weapon will be used, making everything else a mastery fodder. As we've seen with Synoid. 

It's a fallacy to think that because one thing isn't as good as it used to be other things will be used more.