The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

China’S Version Of Warframe And Exclusives

Lord_of_Time

either way, they have no control over DE's decisions and Warframe. So these screaming lunatics blaming any change to warframe on PWE / PW are flat-out wrong. -- and that is the root of most of these FUD threads.

They lose the development control in china. Marvelframe is what in china.

I've heard chinese do not directly use English stuffs.....

I guess exclusive means adjusting warframes into chinese style....

Just change names and some effects... just like CocaCola turned into 可口可樂 (similar pronunciation but has unique meaning ...)

可口可樂 looks like angriest emotiji ever, like, "I'll set your house on fire" kind

China doesn't like any games come directly from the west into their country. So DE has to build a new game, starting from the ground up right on Chinese soils, this time with collaboration with other companies in China. It may use some Warframes in our game and have some similar mechanics but it may not be called Warframe

It's more that they simply won't let a foreign company publish in China without having a Chinese Publisher, IE: It's about creating local jobs. It's kinda like how a lot of people in the US go on and on about "American Made" and "Only Buying American."  Only in this case it's an actual regulation, if you want to get published in China, you have to partner with a Chinese publishing company, Canadians (DE) need not apply.

Edited by Gelkor

So basically these Chinese thinks they are "special snowflakes" and can get wathever they want right?

In an overly simplistic, non-reality based view, yes.

Seriously though, check out the megathread. It has translations of the Chinese press release and other tidbits of info that will help you understand some of the differences between the international version of Warframe and the Chinese version (Star Armor).

It's more that they simply won't let a foreign company publish in China without having a Chinese Publisher, ie: creating local jobs. It's kinda like how a lot of people in the US go on and on about "American Made" and "Only Buying American."  Only in this case it's an actual regulation, if you want to get published in China, you have to partner with a Chinese publishing company, Canadians (DE) need not apply.

You may think so. But DE wouldn't go through those troubles if they don't have to.

In an overly simplistic, non-reality based view, yes.

Seriously though, check out the megathread. It has translations of the Chinese press release and other tidbits of info that will help you understand some of the differences between the international version of Warframe and the Chinese version (Star Armor).

Yes I checked... I don't understand everything right for now, but since DE didn't said anything about it...

You may think so. But DE wouldn't go through those troubles if they don't have to.

I'm not sure I follow.  They wanted to expand into the Chinese market, and to do so they had to partner, that's the reason they made the partnership with Sumpo and PW, it was even mentioned several times in the partnership agreement that that's what PW would be doing, handling the Chinese distribution.

I'm not sure I follow. They wanted to expand into the Chinese market, and to do so they had to partner, that's the reason they made the partnership with Sumpo and PW, it was even mentioned several times in the partnership agreement that that's what PW would be doing, handling the Chinese distribution.

That's a legal writing for us. But to actually having people in China playing the game is another story.

IF they get the exclusive stuff, they better stay away from everyone else. If China will get China-exclusive items, they should be region locked and they can stay the hell away from everyone else if they are not willing to share. Especially considering it is not just skins.

That's absolutely rich coming from someone with Excalibur prime. 

I think people are looking at the Chinese "exclusives" the wrong way.

China in particular is known for revising games marketed in the country to suit their population. This can range from business model to in game assets and mechanics.

These "exclusives" people keep bring up aren't like that of Excalibur Prime or a wraith/vandal. Chinese Warframe will essentially be an entirely separate game from the Western version. Hek, DE probably won't even be working on content for the Chinese version much of the time.

What the Chinese players will be getting out of their localized warframe has nothing to do with DE rewarding them, but more the game is being changed into something else.

That's bs... I mean not that it won't happen, just that it's unbelievable

China laws force foreign companies into opening Chinese bound companies, so they can open production factories in China. It is not a bad law in general, tho it limits companies with less investment powers.

So, I don't know if there has been any thread about this recently, but someone found a video on YouTube (which was non-listed) about a certain Warframe China thing...

The video belongs to the chinese Warframe page.

http://wf.changyou.com/

One of the few things I can read is IGN: 8.0, which I'm pretty sure is a lie. :)

Edited by SilentCircle

China doesn't like any games come directly from the west into their country. So DE has to build a new game, starting from the ground up right on Chinese soils, this time with collaboration with other companies in China. It may use some Warframes in our game and have some similar mechanics but it may not be called Warframe

It's more that they simply won't let a foreign company publish in China without having a Chinese Publisher, IE: It's about creating local jobs. It's kinda like how a lot of people in the US go on and on about "American Made" and "Only Buying American."  Only in this case it's an actual regulation, if you want to get published in China, you have to partner with a Chinese publishing company, Canadians (DE) need not apply.

The U.S. does many things to protect its market as well. The specifics of it are not clear to me, but the right of a nation to dictate the terms of foreign business within its border is their prerogative. If they do so in a way that is not good could be true, but is also subjective, just as I mention that the U.S. does many things to protect its markets, not all of it is good. Even for the U.S. 

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

The U.S. does many things to protect its market as well. The specifics of it are not clear to me, but the right of a nation to dictate the terms of foreign business within its border is their prerogative. If they do so in a way that is not good could be true, but is also subjective, just as I mention that the U.S. does many things to protect its markets, not all of it is good. Even for the U.S. 

The US could stand to do a bit more IMO, I get kinda irritated when a "US" company gets benefits and US government contracts, only to outsource it's labor to other countries.

I don't even care... That's... china only so... why would I care?

Well, that is just the thing, for anyone outside the China market, this barely even registers. People are freaking out about unconfirmed reports that China might get exclusives that the outside Warframe community won't get. This is not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. 

Some people are concerned that do many changes, again from unconfirmed reports, are being made to the conception of Warframe to tailor it for the Chinese market. Why is that an issue? Because if the game becomes hugely popular and the China market becomes a greater priority, it could effect the development of our Warframe. Also, they are concerned about the game being turned into a Pay2Win or Hyper-Grind Monster and that leaking over to our Warframe. 

As far as the concern of the thematic changes, I am not worried. The China market is sequestered and if terms changed and they merge with our Warframe, the China Warframe will just get retconned. If it turns out to be more popular and pressure the outside market, well I just don't see that happening. As for the changes to the business model, who knows, I don't see changes being successful outside of the China Market. 

The rest is fear, ignorance, and prejudice.

Well, that is just the thing, for anyone outside the China market, this barely even registers. People are freaking out about unconfirmed reports that China might get exclusives that the outside Warframe community won't get. This is not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. 

Some people are concerned that do many changes, again from unconfirmed reports, are being made to the conception of Warframe to tailor it for the Chinese market. Why is that an issue? Because if the game becomes hugely popular and the China market becomes a greater priority, it could effect the development of our Warframe. Also, they are concerned about the game being turned into a Pay2Win or Hyper-Grind Monster and that leaking over to our Warframe. 

As far as the concern of the thematic changes, I am not worried. The China market is sequestered and if terms changed and they merge with our Warframe, the China Warframe will just get retconned. If it turns out to be more popular and pressure the outside market, well I just don't see that happening. As for the changes to the business model, who knows, I don't see changes being successful outside of the China Market. 

The rest is fear, ignorance, and prejudice.

Oh.. I don't think that their WF will afffect ours in any way... Why? dunno... I just don't believe it.

Well... There is one thing I might eventually be worried about: If they really do some f**ked up crossover thing, that would really show that they don't give a damn about lore and so.

But as you pointed out... it's just unconfirmed stuff and... as I said... I hope and I believe that their chinese... stuff won't affect our warframe.

Not a big fan of china.... I mean... why can't they just play our game? Because of some political BS.

I'm curious as to how the chinese version is going to be treated from the publishers there. Are they going to genuinely do their best to make the game as enjoyable as possible for their playerbase, or are they just planning on turning the think into a cash cow that requires no effort on their part?

The website looks impressive and all, but they didn't even bother disabling the UI for half of the gameplay snippets in their trailer. That can't be a good sign.

Edited by SortaRandom

Haha, thanks for the pics xD

mhhh...that poster...looks.. squishy? Something doesn't fit...

Now that I get a new look at the Burston, it really looks...Idk...it just doesn't look good in my opinion^^

(y no Braton ;A;)

but that Stalker (?) looks kinda good.... :3 

Edited by Fabpsi