The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

China’S Version Of Warframe And Exclusives

Lord_of_Time

I don't want to leave a creepy comment, believe me. 

But Rebecca is a  beautiful woman. Her face is too beautiful, Her smile and her red lips. Are just... Like , my mind is melted everytime i see her. Stop being cute Rebecca, STOP.

Edited by OkamiMilo

I like how the logo is placed exactly over Excalibro's junk.

wX2UTXC.gif

DE The Chinese just know how to get attention (I need to use that gif more often o3o ... sry if the "the Chinese" sounds racist, don't take it serious :3)

Edited by Fabpsi

Chinees are getting the fonders pack....go figure
I am ready for all the hate from all the non founders about how China is getting Excalibur Prime. 

I'd really like to know where people are getting this information from. Also, that poster with Excalibur Prime looks... off. The edges around the frame and the blown-up resolution feel of it (especially noticeable around the helmet/face) make it feel... very unofficial. Like it was an image taken from in game, blown up to a big size, and then had the Chinese Warframe logo placed on it.

That aside, as I've mentioned in the past, considering that it's getting a fairly large partnership/publishing announcement in China, my guess is that China will be getting a very specific flavor of the game, one that's been modified and approved for Chinese audiences; just like how a Korean MMO (let's take Tera as an example) gets picked up and heavily modified by Western publishing companies before being released to Western audiences; the final result is that although both games are "Tera", the two playerbases (Korean and US/EU) never intermingle and use different servers; the end result is that the Western copies will often have their own promotions and events individual from the Korean version  (i.e. St. Patricks Day events); basically the Western publishers are given free reign over how they manage and distribute the games' assets, items, etc to Western Audiences.

I can see something similar happening with the Chinese version of the game (even more so seeing as it has its own specific website, the lack of a Chinese international subforum on these forums, etc). Basically, the publisher is being given free reign with what's in the game; Excalibur Prime might be brought in and made obtainable by any Chinese player, there might not even be a "Founders Program" for China... but it wouldn't matter because if this were the case, it would indicate that there would be international segregation between the gaming communities--Chinese players would be restricted to the Chinese version of the game, and would not mingle or mix with the International players playing the game as it is directly from DE.

All in all, I'm adamant about holding DE to their promise that Excalibur Prime won't be returning... for their version of the game, the version we and the international community plays. The Chinese version of the game doesn't concern me at all; it's likely shaping up to be a heavily modified version of the game, and the publisher is, to a degree, "developing" the Chinese version of the game with DE's permission (and support).

Complaining about the Chinese version of the game getting things that the US version of the game won't is like Korean players complaining when the Westernized version of their MMOs get Western-exclusive cosmetics and events (St. Patricks Day, 4th of July, etc). It's a bit silly, because it's essentially two different games that don't cross over.

I'm curious as to how the chinese version is going to be treated from the publishers there. Are they going to genuinely do their best to make the game as enjoyable as possible for their playerbase, or are they just planning on turning the think into a cash cow that requires no effort on their part?

The website looks impressive and all, but they didn't even bother disabling the UI for half of the gameplay snippets in their trailer. That can't be a good sign.

If anything, the publishers there would try to make it as close to our Warframe as much as possible. But they don't have to and can even try to make it "better" for the people there. They know their audience and may even need to create another dev team as a DE's representative and face and speak Warframe in "Chinese" to the people there.

But keep in mind, DE and Warframe are not the only dev and game going to China, nor the last. Thousands other gaming companies and devs have been working in, and are going to, China already. If anything and we care about our beloved DE, we should hope for the best and fully support DE's venture and Warframe to have some "faces" against other gaming companies and their games there.

Edited by ndantony

wait... CHINA IS GETTING EXALIBUR PRIME?

WTF DE

there you got it

We don't even actually know if they are. For all we know that poster isn't legitimate and was made to try and rile/incense/troll players.

If they are getting Excal Prime, it would indicate that there's going to be a split in the playerbase based on the version of the game that they play; basically Chinese players and International players would not be mingling on the same servers, would not have the same website, could not log in on one another's versions of the game, etc. Much like the split between PC players and Console players currently (you can't use your PC account on a console or vice versa), except it would be a publisher split (DE as the publisher of the International version and PW or whoever the Chinese publisher for the game is for the Chinese version).

Said it in another thread and I'll say it here.

If the Chinese version of Warframe is getting Exclusive gear and items, then it is more than likely (I would bet a whole lot of bacon on it) that the playerbases are going to be split because... the games will be fundamentally different. And by fundamentally different I mean different in the same way that Korean Tera is vastly different from the Westernized version of the Korean MMO.

Basically, it would indicate that Chinese players would be limited to playing with other Chinese players, and would not interact/mingle/etc with International players (we, who are playing DE's version of the game). There would also likely be a version mismatch too, similar to the one that splits the PC and console versions... except instead of going through Sony/Microsoft certification it needs to go through certification/modification by the Chinese publisher of the Chinese version of Warframe.

Basically, Chinese players won't be able to run up to us/we/you/me in game and dangle their exclusive gear because they'll be playing a fundamentally different game; their logins won't work on our game, and our logins won't work on theirs (like how Console players can't log into the PC version of the game and vice versa).

What the Chinese publisher decides to do with the Chinese version of the game (making Excal Prime available again, developing their own custom weapons, having their own events, skins, etc) is their prerogative; as long as what they decide to do with their version of the game doesn't impact the International version (DE's version) of the game, I really don't see what the problem is or why anyone has any reason to be upset.

We don't even actually know if they are. For all we know that poster isn't legitimate and was made to try and rile/incense/troll players.

Yepp , I think the poster is kinda...weird too (well not 100% fake, but really troll/fake-ish).. why?

Well look at all the other pictures in the album OP linked

e.g this one : http://photo.weibo.com/5381227225/talbum/detail/photo_id/3824315082925298/album_id/3783370223963751#3824315082727376

005Sb51vjw1eqi1mlo5q3j30hs0scq83.jpg

mhh, that looks wrong too...but sorta familiar, right? It is a part of this picture, made by a Warframe-fan on deviant-art :

warframe___immutable_madness_by_squiddyt

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-Immutable-Madness-425610649  SquiddyTreat <3

Soooo yea, the other posters (Excalibur and Zephyr) in the album look like older CODEX entries...

annnnd the Excalibur Prime picture looks like:

The Stalker Codex entry (found this picture online)

d4ema30.png

The camera moves over time.

soooo yea... every poster is just a fanmade thing.... the resolution could work on some Smartphones...

...mhhh..but he holds the Burston different... oh well... it still looks almost the same xD

Anyway, always funny to have those kinda threadsand pictures^^

oh and:

005Sb51vgw1eqhvjwsjflj306w0z0782.jpg

I have to keep the weird stuff going o3o

Edited by Fabpsi

well i think it'd be a given that china would get the founders program. aren't they going into closed beta to start? i do believe that when games are localized they go into closed beta before open....so there is that

The different website, the modified name of the game (the main name is "Star Armor" with "Warframe" as a veritable subtitle), and the extent necessary to bring the game to Chinese audiences indicates that it's more than just localization. It's likely going to be a heavily modified version of the game so that it's appropriate for Chinese audiences.

Also, we have no Chinese international subforums, indicating that they're likely going to have their own separate community from ours, meaning the playerbase is also more than likely going to be split and won't be interacting (they won't be able to log into DE's version of the game with their accounts, and we won't be able to log into the Chinese version of the game with our accounts).

Said it in another thread and I'll say it here.

If the Chinese version of Warframe is getting Exclusive gear and items, then it is more than likely (I would bet a whole lot of bacon on it) that the playerbases are going to be split because... the games will be fundamentally different. And by fundamentally different I mean different in the same way that Korean Tera is vastly different from the Westernized version of the Korean MMO.

Basically, it would indicate that Chinese players would be limited to playing with other Chinese players, and would not interact/mingle/etc with International players (we, who are playing DE's version of the game). There would also likely be a version mismatch too, similar to the one that splits the PC and console versions... except instead of going through Sony/Microsoft certification it needs to go through certification/modification by the Chinese publisher of the Chinese version of Warframe.

Basically, Chinese players won't be able to run up to us/we/you/me in game and dangle their exclusive gear because they'll be playing a fundamentally different game; their logins won't work on our game, and our logins won't work on theirs (like how Console players can't log into the PC version of the game and vice versa).

What the Chinese publisher decides to do with the Chinese version of the game (making Excal Prime available again, developing their own custom weapons, having their own events, skins, etc) is their prerogative; as long as what they decide to do with their version of the game doesn't impact the International version (DE's version) of the game, I really don't see what the problem is or why anyone has any reason to be upset.

Do we have any confirmation that the player base will be split so that the Chinese player base does not interact with the remaining player base?

And it's not DE's game anymore in China?

PS4 and XB1 also have founder or had it, so so far PC doesn't really have anything that i can remember that just for PC

i think PS4 had a tiny window where they could have gotten it? might be mistaken but XB1 never got the opportunity. also if a founder switched from PC to PS4 or XB1 then they lose their founder gear

Do we have any confirmation that the player base will be split so that the Chinese player base does not interact with the remaining player base?

like letter13's been saying alot. it should be fundamentally different because of chinese culture and censorship. it's near impossible for a foreign company to make any headway in china. that's why PW is publishing "Star Armor"

This is ridiculous. Butttt....

PC: Ecal Prime

PS4: obsidian excal skin

XB1: Jade excal skin

excal prime doesn't count as a pc exclusive. its an exclusive to a small group. the earlier vandals and wraiths that ps4 and xb1 didnt get are better examples

Edited by LordOfScrugging

DE are the primary developers, but a Chinese publisher is necessary in order to bring the game to China.

A separate website, the lack of a Chinese international subforum on these forums, a name change for the game (primary title: "Star Armor" with a subtitle of "Warframe") and the fact that a major Chinese publisher is being brought in indicates that the Chinese version of the game is going to be modified and made more appropriate for Chinese audiences.

Basically, the same way that Tera Online is published by Enmasse Entertainment in the west, the Western players and the Korean players do not play with one another because the versions of the game are different (the Western release is modified for Western audiences).

What DE develops will still make its way to the Chinese version (like fixes, new frames, new weapons, maybe even quests, etc), but it will need to go through certification by the Chinese publisher before it gets deployed to the Chinese version of the game (similar to how the current content patches need to go through Sony/Microsoft cert before their deployment on consoles), but all signs point to the likelihood that the Chinese publisher will be in charge of the Chinese version of the game (similar to how Enmasse Entertainment is in charge of the North American version of Tera Online, and not the EU version or Korean version of Tera).

like letter13's been saying alot. it should be fundamentally different because of chinese culture and censorship. it's near impossible for a foreign company to make any headway in china. that's why PW is publishing "Star Armor"

excal prime doesn't count as a pc exclusive. its an exclusive to a small group. the earlier vandals and wraiths that ps4 and xb1 didnt get are better examples

Pretty much this.  But on the topic of PC Exclusive/time exclusive gear, weapons and frames... they are exclusive gear in respect to DE's version (the international version) of Warframe. Whether the Chinese publisher decides to make them exclusive or not in the Chinese version of the game is their prerogative, assuming DE is giving them free reign over how they deploy/release the game and its content to Chinese players.

Chinese peasants have to use VPN to stably connect to International servers. So yeah, the two versions will be running on completely separated servers. 

Also /sarcasm the Chinese government will track you down and put you in jail if you try to mingle with dem evil capitalism foreigners. 

Any word on the Exclusives being legitimate? Thanks for clarifying, by the way, just saw some of Letter13's posts.

DE are the primary developers, but a Chinese publisher is necessary in order to bring the game to China.

A separate website, the lack of a Chinese international subforum on these forums, a name change for the game (primary title: "Star Armor" with a subtitle of "Warframe") and the fact that a major Chinese publisher is being brought in indicates that the Chinese version of the game is going to be modified and made more appropriate for Chinese audiences.

Basically, the same way that Tera Online is published by Enmasse Entertainment in the west, the Western players and the Korean players do not play with one another because the versions of the game are different (the Western release is modified for Western audiences).

What DE develops will still make its way to the Chinese version (like fixes, new frames, new weapons, maybe even quests, etc), but it will need to go through certification by the Chinese publisher before it gets deployed to the Chinese version of the game (similar to how the current content patches need to go through Sony/Microsoft cert before their deployment on consoles), but all signs point to the likelihood that the Chinese publisher will be in charge of the Chinese version of the game (similar to how Enmasse Entertainment is in charge of the North American version of Tera Online, and not the EU version or Korean version of Tera).

Ah I see. But wouldn't it be a break of agreement if Excal Prime is re-released? He isn't just a PC exclusive, after all, he's an exclusive to those who founded the game.

Not to mention, any legitimate word from DE on the China version getting exclusives not limited of cosmetics?

Edited by AlphaHorseman