The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

China’S Version Of Warframe And Exclusives

Lord_of_Time

This is still DE's game. The China Publisher is still just the publisher. Making some assets unavailable sounds like a good way for them to keep their word.

But in the end you should ask yourself: Does it really matter?

As far as anybody here knows, the game might be completely rewritten and unrecognizable. It's an entirely separate entity. How I look at it, it would be like getting mad at people using the Excalibur Prime mesh as a character model in GMOD.

Do we have any confirmation that the player base will be split so that the Chinese player base does not interact with the remaining player base?

And it's not DE's game anymore in China?

It is fundamentally impossible for different versions of games to be connected due to the mechanical differences.

Even back in the time when I play Age of Empires, versions with the slightest difference won't be able to connect.

So yes.

Source? Its just that excal p was exclusive to those who funded the game. chinese players wont be funding nothing so they shouldnt receive excal p, and you cant say now that because its another region they can have it. Cmon DE if this is true release europa warframe and name it Star galaxy armor or whatever you want but give excal p. just joking, cuz no one rather than the founders can have excal, their money helped in releasing and making warframe, chinese money will only work in polishing it. I also helped in polishing warframe, and everyone in here did sometime, if with 5 euros or whatever. Excal P, lato P and Skana P is for founders, no other should have them. Its just my opinion though, but they already made it bad enough with the stealth nerfs, if they are going to dishonor their word making a "founder exclusive" frame available to everyone from a region, well that cant be good for community's trust toward them.

Once again people, this is JUST my opinion, I may be very very wrong, maybe they wont release excal P in china but if they do, those are my thoughts on it.

I was kidding, some guy from China already saw this thread and took the idea >_>

Surprised you took it seriously.

This is still DE's game. The China Publisher is still just the publisher. Making some assets unavailable sounds like a good way for them to keep their word.

Well, Darksector wasn't Warframe meant to be, thanks to the publishers... until DE went independent and Steve was able to make Warframe.

PWE WILL NEVER HAVE US!! NEVER!!!!~

You're right, they won't, because PWE isn't involved. They haven't ever been nor will they be, because they're a North American publishing company. The game has already been published, and now it's being published in China, where it had not been available previously.

-snip-

Thanks for finding that. That pretty much dismisses all doubts and issues.

84581dc7a4b6fce37db00a3ae5692c21.png

It's now confirmed folks, the Chinese version of Warframe is going to be segregated from the International version (the one we currently play), meaning that they won't be waggling any exclusives they might get in our faces in game, and vice versa.

Basically, Chinese Warframe exclusives are being added on their end, not DE's (although DE will probably lend the publisher some assistance if/when they want to design their own stuff for their version of the game). The Chinese publisher likely has full managing/operating prerogative in regards to what content they want to make available to Chinese players.

You're right, they won't, because PWE isn't involved. They haven't ever been nor will they be, because they're a North American publishing company. The game has already been published, and now it's being published in China, where it had not been available previously.

It's now confirmed folks, the Chinese version of Warframe is going to be segregated from the International version (the one we currently play), meaning that they won't be waggling any exclusives they might get in our faces in game, and vice versa.

Basically, Chinese Warframe exclusives are being added on their end, not DE's (although DE will probably lend the publisher some assistance if/when they want to design their own stuff for their version of the game). The Chinese publisher likely has full managing/operating prerogative in regards to what content they want to make available to Chinese players.

So... I won the internet?

China is probably going to make WF into a kickass MMO that we would all want to play.

China is probably going to make WF into a kickass MMO that we would all want to play.

Or a hardcore p2w lootcrate fest that you will be afraid of mentioning anywhere near DE's eyes and ears.

Imagine farming for parts in void but they are locked or sealed and you need to farm or buy keys to unseal them. That's how asian games work :P

Edited by kiteohatto

Or a hardcore p2w lootcrate fest that you will be afraid of mentioning anywhere near DE's eyes and ears.

Imagine farming for parts in void but they are locked or sealed and you need to farm or buy keys to unseal them. That's how asian games work :P

Indeed. Ha, let them have at it!

I doubt anything like this happens.Unless PWE put their hands into it.

Anyhow, the implementation of such idea is feeble minded.

Skins - I do not mind. Exclusive warframes/weapons - highly unlikely.

PWE=/= PW. For the millionth time, check your facts.

I just have a feeling China may end up producing some awesome looking frames, especially ninja oriented ones. Not cool.

D:

I don't think they will be producing anything. That article isn't considered reliable, and [DE]Steve said that the game is going to be packaged like it is for console each update. So, the China market is getting virtually the exact same game. Just localized voice work, and maybe some market specific exclusives, likely along the lines each consoles and Steam gets (accessory stuff), but that last part I am speculating on.

I don't think they will be producing anything. That article isn't considered reliable, and [DE]Steve said that the game is going to be packaged like it is for console each update. So, the China market is getting virtually the exact same game. Just localized voice work, and maybe some market specific exclusives, likely along the lines each consoles and Steam gets (accessory stuff), but that last part I am speculating on.

Hmm. Just need some more information then I guess as even Steve's reply is reasonably vague. This is kind of what happened with the PW incident, tons of speculation and a rather late response from DE.

This...i think.

There are 2 things that might happen:

1. The CH version of the game is on it's own, the only thing DE does is give them a base to work with. They will need to come up with their own stuff and they fully manage the game, whatever it might be.

or

2. DE updates this game as normal and then sends the updates to the consoles/CH version. The CH version has its own system on how their economy works, what goes on offer, experience values, drop tables, etc. DE just gives them the content(frames, weapons, tilesets), but they manage it themselves.

No.2 seems like a more reasonable situation, because it might be hard trying to match artistic feel of the game using another artist.

Edited by kiteohatto

Hmm. Just need some more information then I guess as even Steve's reply is reasonably vague. This is kind of what happened with the PW incident, tons of speculation and a rather late response from DE.

They're being vague on purpose. I think whether the people who work at DE like the share merge/buyout deal thingy, they're not allowed to talk about it because of confidentiality contracts, and proffesionalism. This is not to say that I agree nor do I enjoy this vagueness but at least we can understand why they're like this.

But what if these exclusive/cosmetic actually look cool and the rest of the world wants it?

Yes I know that reddit isn't the most reliable source ever but its quoted from a pr/new site from china at this link: http://news.17173.com/content/2015-03-25/20150325001659350_all.shtml (link has NSFW content as ads) I didn't say anything about the secondar paragraph, which I could care less about.

Damn, Chinese ads are weird. Also, that one picture looks like Ash is jacking off the Nunchuks, just saying.

I believe there's no need for us to worry about whether or not will China get their own exclusive warframes which is different from what we have now. If you guys notice in the video ads you will see the same warframes showcased there.

It's localization meaning that there are minor changes compared to the international version, which doesn't mean that the China version will have different warframes.