The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

China’S Version Of Warframe And Exclusives

Lord_of_Time

You're right, they won't, because PWE isn't involved. They haven't ever been nor will they be, because they're a North American publishing company. The game has already been published, and now it's being published in China, where it had not been available previously.

Thanks for finding that. That pretty much dismisses all doubts and issues.

84581dc7a4b6fce37db00a3ae5692c21.png

It's now confirmed folks, the Chinese version of Warframe is going to be segregated from the International version (the one we currently play), meaning that they won't be waggling any exclusives they might get in our faces in game, and vice versa.

Basically, Chinese Warframe exclusives are being added on their end, not DE's (although DE will probably lend the publisher some assistance if/when they want to design their own stuff for their version of the game). The Chinese publisher likely has full managing/operating prerogative in regards to what content they want to make available to Chinese players.

To be quite honest, I have absolutely no idea why people thought we'd be playing the same game anyway. On top of all the other evidence & examples seen with other games, it's even being rebranded. They're calling it "Star Armor" or "Interstellar Armor," whichever. It's not Warframe over there. No clue why it was a concern. Not to mention the entitlement that seems to be rampant like the flu in those that were upset about China getting exclusives.  

Edited by Rexlars

To be quite honest, I have absolutely no idea why people thought we'd be playing the same game anyway. On top of all the other evidence & examples seen with other games, it's even being rebranded. They're calling it "Star Armor" or "Interstellar Armor," whichever. It's not Warframe over there. No clue why it was a concern. Not to mention the entitlement that seems to be rampant like the flu in those that were upset about China getting exclusives.  

It's because people are people. They're predictable, panicky finicky creatures and have a penchant for overreacting without checking facts or cross referencing/comparing what's going on with what has happened in the past with other situations (i.e. other MMOs that are brought to China, or vice versa, regarding how foreign publishers need to get involved in order to modify a product for specific foreign markets).

It's like anti-vaxxers, who claim vaccines cause autism even though the one doctor who made that claim was actually arrested, had his license revoked and has admitted to falsifying the data; there is literally no supporting evidence, yet people are adamant that vaccines cause autism, and they're throwing up a panic about it.

What it really boils down to is that this community suffers from an extreme case of herd/mob mentality, and although there are a few people who separate themselves from said herd/mob by playing skeptic/devil's advocate and demonstrate interest in finding out what's really going on, these few persons are eclipsed by the herd's panic.

Ever since the deal with PW last year, I had a very strong feeling that this was going to be the outcome. It's not some "PW bought DE" or "All hail our new Chinese overlords" bullcrap, it's literally just a partnership agreement for the sake of publishing the game in China. I said it time and time again, people refused to listen, people continued to panic, people still think PWE is involved (they really aren't, check your facts folks!)... Sadly no amount of "Hey, I told you so!" will work because people are stubborn, and when they have their mind set on something, no matter how astronomically wrong they are, no matter how much it's proven to be incorrect, they'll still blindly run down the path they've been set upon.

tl;dr - Because people will be people. A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. 

They can have Ex Prime and AkLato Primes as STARTING GEAR, doesn't bother me in the LEAST!

All I care about is that their 'teaser video' is absolutely amazing!!! Great Music too!    If you haven't seen it look it up!

Link?

• 3 months later...