The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

China’S Version Of Warframe And Exclusives

Lord_of_Time

Creating a custom warframe is incredibly expensive, more than most of you would believe. So that wont happen.

Exclusive skins (and a prime is basically a skin) are a real possibility though, mainly because the publisher pays for them to be made. That would be perfect world in china.

Also people seem to forget pc warframe had an exclusive frame no other version could get. Exc prime.

Knew someone would eventually refer to this.

The difference is that Excalibur Prime was available to any (as far as I'm aware) region and on the primary platform that existed at the time.

i wouldnt mind seeing a warframe movie, but warframe its supossed to be thousands of years in the future. Tony Stark has ark reactor but he wouldnt live for that long. Earth is destroyed and invaded by grineers, how will they do that? the only way is remaking warframe lore and then adding it to the avengers, but i doubt disney/marvel will even take this in consideration.

They're not. That information was most likely pulled out of their hineys. Don't worry so much, guys. Let the Chinese do what they want while we play good old Warframe we all know and love.

But that's exactly what's going to happen. They will have at least an exclusive warframe and weapon, being designed by a Marvel artist, according to them. It doesn't matter whether or not it's expensive. It won't be the current devs who are designing it, anyway. It will happen. They will also have their own little crossover thing. It's China. They do what they want. It doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense to the rest of the world. They're going to have their custom Warframe crossover with the Avengers, because the Avengers are popular.

Well if it's being designed out of house what's the big deal?  It's being made and paid for by PW.  It's not something that is being taken out of our game since we would never have it to begin with.  It's simple "I want that too" mentality, which is a bit silly.

I've played lots of games that get exclusive items in each region, why is this a big deal?  As I said, the publishers of the region PAYS for them to be made.  They don't belong to DE.

Chinese Warframe is totally seperate from ours anyway so outside of pictures nobody will see it and our versions will probably get exc items too.

The current Dev team don't have time to work on separate frames for Eastern and western markets so I doubt this is true. Unless of course China will get its own dev team, in which case who cares? Hek some good might even come from such an arrangement, imagine if the Chinese devs come up with some kick @$$ frames and weps, chances are they would be ported across at some point for us to use anyway.

Edited by (PS4)obsidiancurse

Think that's one of the issues. That they might not be ported over.

Well if they were developed over there we haven't lost anything have we?

But In all honesty I couldn't see DE not using viable assets to maximise profits. Sure depending how the "exclusives" are marketed over there they may need to tweak them slightly rather than direct ports but as as business they couldn't pass up the potential sales.

And this is why I ultimately feared DE selling out to an ASIAN CHICKEN COMPANY and allowing PW to have any form of publishing in China. We would have been ultimately better off if DE had chosen to stay 100% CANADIAN.

If I see ONE exclusive warframe or weapon released to the Chinese client that we do not own first on the Main (international) client, I will be demanding a full refund.

It's bullS#&$ to say the least. I didn't put down hundreds of dollars to support a near bankrupt company that was about to default completely to see bullS#&$ like this happen in the least.

Well if it's being designed out of house what's the big deal?  It's being made and paid for by PW.  It's not something that is being taken out of our game since we would never have it to begin with.  It's simple "I want that too" mentality, which is a bit silly.

I've played lots of games that get exclusive items in each region, why is this a big deal?  As I said, the publishers of the region PAYS for them to be made.  They don't belong to DE.

Chinese Warframe is totally seperate from ours anyway so outside of pictures nobody will see it and our versions will probably get exc items too.

Oh, I'm not saying I want it, just that, according to their news, that's what they are doing. I certainly don't think DE is calling the shots on this stuff. PW is going to want to make the Chinese community feel like this game is their own (they aren't going to want to feel like they're getting some Western export), and these sorts of things are the way in which they will accomplish that.

The current Dev team don't have time to work on separate frames for Eastern and western markets so I doubt this is true. Unless of course China will get its own dev team, in which case who cares? Hek some good might even come from such an arrangement, imagine if the Chinese devs come up with some kick @$$ frames and weps, chances are they would be ported across at some point for us to use anyway.

No, it's not likely at all that they will be ported over.

This is why you saw a outcry from people when it was annouced that DE was talking to PWI...

Really hope this is being horribly mixup, and DE will clarify if this is true or not....

And if it is true, get ready to watch your numbers drop.

ok, I think people need to calm down, what are all these come from? First of all, I'm a chinese, and that website they found, I've never heard about it in my life before the link, it's not even a major website in china, information accuracy in that site is at least doubtful. And DE works with Marvel? I mean really? Avergers works with Tennos to save the universe...........how much did it take for Marvel to negotiate with Sony to use spider-man which was originally theirs in their own movie and stuff? Now crossover with DE? Call me skeptical xD

And with all the censorship bullS#&$ the chinese government are pulling to digital products (I mean censoring Harry Potter, really?), if there is ever a seperate Chinese warframe, trust me, in no time all those actually good and kind chinese players will shift to international version in no time, and only the idiotic offensive kids who pay 100000000 RMB to buy revives will stay in that version, and trust me when I say you don't want them to play with you anyway.

So listen to a chinese, there is nothing to worry about.

ok, I think people need to calm down, what are all these come from? First of all, I'm a chinese, and that website they found, I've never heard about it in my life before the link, it's not even a major website in china, information accuracy in that site is at least doubtful. And DE works with Marvel? I mean really? Avergers works with Tennos to save the universe...........how much did it take for Marvel to negotiate with Sony to use spider-man which was originally theirs in their own movie and stuff? Now crossover with DE? Call me skeptical xD

And with all the censorship bullS#&$ the chinese government are pulling to digital products (I mean censoring Harry Potter, really?), if there is ever a seperate Chinese warframe, trust me, in no time all those actually good and kind chinese players will shift to international version in no time, and only the idiotic offensive kids who pay 100000000 RMB to buy revives will stay in that version, and trust me when I say you don't want them to play with you anyway.

So listen to a chinese, there is nothing to worry about.

Dude, people REALLY enjoy figuring out conspiracy theories doctored by the Illumina... khm, DE. This panicking and headless running around the forums will last for a week or so and then it'll all be fine again. I'm not worried in the slightest :)

Chinese are notorious for their propaganda. There was once an article defending their smog saying it was used to deter missile attacks. So take whatever comes out of China with a grain of salt.

And what is up with the people that want to quit just because the game is releasing in another country? Perfect World is one of the only ways to allow release into markets in China, and that is the only way DE can access the Chinese market. Heck, even Valve did it to release DOTA 2 for the CHinese market, yet that didn't affect gameplay in any way. 

Yeah.  PWE and DE had to work together due to chinese law to get it published in China. 

No.

Perfect World and DE had to work together to publish in China. Perfect World Entertainment has NOTHING to do with it.

But hey, why read the facts? Facts are boring when there is hate to spread.

No.

Perfect World and DE had to work together to publish in China. Perfect World Entertainment has NOTHING to do with it.

But hey, why read the facts? Facts are boring when there is hate to spread.

I know, right? I've been repeating this fact over and over and getting ignored almost every time.