The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

China’S Version Of Warframe And Exclusives

Lord_of_Time

it's only exclusive for limited time(yes i know some insider). cill out bros. DE is smart enough to figure out how exclusive things only for Chinese warframe is bad for players around world.

Edited by Eric1738

You guys understand that the fact DE got their game in China is a miracle, and a half. I am not surprised. Their version of Warframe is basically a new game.

Star armor is its name, its not really Warframe its really just a spin off in China. :/

Also just a heads up, saying anything to do with PWE is very insensitive to the mods. -.- They had to spend so much of THEIR time cleaning up those threads during that storm. So please don't make those jokes or blame them when they have no involvement its not funny.

PWE = America 

PW = China.

PW is in partner with DE, not PWE. Please don't make jokes.

Edited by Feallike

Normally the west/international editions lose out when localized outside of Asia.

This is literally the reverse and somehow the west/international is still losing out.

Not that there will be much to lose out. Its highly likely they will completely monetize the game to be super heavy rental microtransaction based.  Its like the craze and rave of most Korean/Chinese MMO markets. 

lol, westerners beg for foreign games like Black Desert and MHO to come to them. Now a western game is releasing in a foreign country and you guys start S#&$ting your pants. If they get exclusive stuff i'm sure DE would do something to make up for it.

Okay, that translation supposidly reads "the Tenno will work with the Avengers to save the universe". That just REEKS of bullS#&$, sorry.

im mean hey why can't iron man hangout with vauban? i bet they would hit it off great /sarcasm

the warframe time line and the avengers timeline to far apart for this to happen so maybe it was mistranslated? unless China also wants to change the storyline of warframe............

lol, westerners beg for foreign games like Black Desert and MHO to come to them. Now a western game is releasing in a foreign country and you guys start S#&$ting your pants. If they get exclusive stuff i'm sure DE would do something to make up for it.

The problem is how it can possibly affect the core gameplay (MR). Unless it was a skin or two sure lots wouldn't mind (but I'd love to get dat X-Cal skin). Atm we have 3 different platforms and tell me one where one is getting the current advantage over the other. Excal P doesn't count because a small minority of PC users have it.

im mean hey why can't iron man hangout with vauban? i bet they would hit it off great /sarcasm

the warframe time line and the avengers timeline to far apart for this to happen so maybe it was mistranslated? unless China also wants to change the storyline of warframe............

that's basically a fancy way to say they will work with Marvel artists. it doesnt really mean warframes will be in the avengers or the avengers will come to warframe universe.

The problem is how it can possibly affect the core gameplay (MR). Unless it was a skin or two sure lots wouldn't mind (but I'd love to get dat X-Cal skin). Atm we have 3 different platforms and tell me one where one is getting the current advantage over the other. Excal P doesn't count because a small minority of PC users have it.

I'm pretty sure DE can do something to compensate if they get exclusive items for MR. 

Excal is a white guy, and apparently our suits are some leathery substance instead of metal

DzPXbnt.jpg

Yea, because a full metal skintight suit would bend perfectly well.

Also, It's China, and they can do whatever the hell they want.

Why does everyone even care? It's in China. Never seen such totally trivial whinging before over what a country thousands of kilometers away wants to do TO A GAME of all things.

Please explain to me what effect China having a Frame we can't get to your personal life. The answer is none. Zero. Zilch.

China could get handed "Warframe 2" and STILL it will have no effect.

It's a damn FREE game. You all need to get over this psychological thing you seem to have with "other kids have things I don't have".

Just like the Excal P ideas they don't want a different compensation, they want that not this.

Didn't you say the problem was MR? DE could add a western exclusive item to make up for it. It's not like the chinese version going to get hundreds of exclusive MR items.

Didn't you say the problem was MR? DE could add a western exclusive item to make up for it. It's not like the chinese version going to get hundreds of exclusive MR items.

And if they were to get that item exclusively than this side gets another one side will get too greedy wanting more and more exclusives. So if we didn't get any exclusives that affect core gameplay than there won't be a problem. Knowing DE, let's say there were to be an Excal Prime... PRIME but even the founders get it making them still in the lead.

Edit: But there's no solid proof of such things besides a shady website link. Unless it were to be from DE or Datamined the thread should be locked.

Edited by izzatuw

The racism here is strong. Requesting lock before more idiots say ignorant things.

^^ This

Many posts are assuming many things about the Chinese market and especially Chinese people and culture. I suggest moderators look into these.

Also, Google Translate is bad with Chinese words and grammar in general. 

Edited by BreadCutter

that's basically a fancy way to say they will work with Marvel artists. it doesnt really mean warframes will be in the avengers or the avengers will come to warframe universe.

i truly hope so but a side of me sorta wants to see the marvel universe meet the warframe universe............idk why but i think it would be interesting to see. :P

the game is still developed by DE, which means we will get access to all the content released to PW to publish, which means we should be okay.

what I just read on one of the sites linked is not okay though... they called Saryn a SUPPORT frame... /.\  there literally isnt a single support option with saryn... 

the game is still developed by DE, which means we will get access to all the content released to PW to publish, which means we should be okay.

what I just read on one of the sites linked is not okay though... they called Saryn a SUPPORT frame... /.\  there literally isnt a single support option with saryn... 

changyou is not PW. they are two different companies.

and i checked their website, i'm pretty sure they didnt call saryn support. yes they used a saryn picture under "support" section, but they are not saying this warframe is a support.  also saryn does have a support option: venom augment.

Or they just release "exclusive" frames. Read: our regular frames with a different name and paintjob to fit chinese mythology.

For example: Loki the norse god of lies, trickery and deception will be painted red and they call him ching chang ping pong after the chinese god of deception, trickery and lies.

very well, that doesnt give em reason to enjoy more than we do. are chinese people special and they need more frames than we do? or do they have some kind of mental problem and they need some type of special frame designed for them? this isnt plain fair. nobody can justify that. Its like giving a better medicine to china just because its china, hey the medicine got late here but its better than in the rest of the world. China isnt a place that needs special attention. 

Chinese games are notorious for making things "exclusive" for their region because they have some sort of egotism. Their country's name comes from that too. They thought their country was the center of the whole world and lived with pride. They still do to some degree.

Everything from the Western civilization they try to change it or copy it and rename it in their own way. Twitter is a great example as they have their own "Twitter" just for them.

Warframe is just gonna be a different game in China. It's just the way China works.

And this is why I ultimately feared DE selling out to an ASIAN CHICKEN COMPANY and allowing PW to have any form of publishing in China. We would have been ultimately better off if DE had chosen to stay 100% CANADIAN.

If I see ONE exclusive warframe or weapon released to the Chinese client that we do not own first on the Main (international) client, I will be demanding a full refund.

It's bullS#&$ to say the least. I didn't put down hundreds of dollars to support a near bankrupt company that was about to default completely to see bullS#&$ like this happen in the least.

Making ill-founded conclusions on the Chinese video game market is not the way to go. Also, making stereotypical and derogatory assumptions about Chinese people is not contributing to any sort of discussion on this topic.

Edited by BreadCutter

changyou is not PW. they are two different companies.

and i checked their website, i'm pretty sure they didnt call saryn support. yes they used a saryn picture under "support" section, but they are not saying this warframe is a support.  also saryn does have a support option: venom augment.

ah, I didnt realise PW wasnt publishing WFc for them, and idk, when I look at it it seems like they are calling her support, maybe they just wanna use her picture for that...

And this is why I ultimately feared DE selling out to an ASIAN CHICKEN COMPANY and allowing PW to have any form of publishing in China. We would have been ultimately better off if DE had chosen to stay 100% CANADIAN.

If I see ONE exclusive warframe or weapon released to the Chinese client that we do not own first on the Main (international) client, I will be demanding a full refund.

It's bullS#&$ to say the least. I didn't put down hundreds of dollars to support a near bankrupt company that was about to default completely to see bullS#&$ like this happen in the least.

have fun with your demand, you wont get anything back.

thats not how this works. unless you can get the entire player base to work on a class action lawsuit, which you cant, you wont get a penny back from them. read the ToS and EULA.

you mean like the attack on titan/ avengers cross over............that should have never happened yet it did

Who the heck came up with the idea to begin with? The titans only seem strong because they fought humans in the manga but when you bring a guy that has super human abilities, a crazy person capable of destroying islands with ease their's no point.