The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

China’S Version Of Warframe And Exclusives

Lord_of_Time

I am a Chinese player and seriously I'm not going to play Warframe in China server because ChangYou runs them.

If you guys have no idea how this company looks like, you can try their "New Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils". Trust me it totally sucks.

They have already ruined Battlefield Online with series ideas about Pay-to-Win, and I DON'T want Warframe to be the next.

We are crying for that 2 days ago, but no official reply or clarification. Due to the A-team is on trip.

Though via MODs , we get some info that de have no idea about this. And It doesn't tend to happen.

Guys don't get mad... We will never play with China players anyway unless maybe... they open up to the world and stop having this stupid governmental system they have.... Sorry, I just hate their government... China is fine, but I hate how they run the place.

Star Armor will be its own little game that is a basic Copy/paste of Warframe we never mention because we won't care about China. I would care if China players actually had the ability to play with us.

we dont give a single damn about playing with them, we are mad because we are missing contents which, as players, we deserve to enjoy like everyone else playing this game despite our region

we dont give a single damn about playing with them, we are mad because we are missing contents which, as players, we deserve to enjoy like everyone else playing this game despite our region

What content exactly are we missing at this point? You're making assumptions which is not helpful in the slightest.

I am a Chinese player and seriously I'm not going to play Warframe in China server because ChangYou runs them.

If you guys have no idea how this company looks like, you can try their "New Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils". Trust me it totally sucks.

They have already ruined Battlefield Online with series ideas about Pay-to-Win, and I DON'T want Warframe to be the next.

Glad to see you playing Warframe. Fight on Tenno.

Edited by Kalenath

Forget exclusives and Marvel!

Russia is getting Halo on the PEEEEE CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

But seriously, is this real of fake?

BlhVCo7.jpg

Cause this is the very first detail look inside a frame and that looks like normal skin.

Dont listen to others, this is a fact. excalibur for example is based on hayden tenno and i may say that excal is hayden tenno. Warframe armor is actually the technocyte virus, the same virus that infesteds are made of (hence lephantis saying we are one). In the lore they said they took the few that returned from the void and constructed a frame around them

Since some of us go on the warframe subreddit and some of us follow up with warframe news, I felt that I would need to make a post regarding this. Here’s the reddit post I’m referring to: http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/30kztl/chinese_warframe_players_will_get_exclusive/

So the post with translation states that China’s version of warframe is going to get exclusive warframes, weapons and possibly other gadgets based on Chinese mythology. I personally don’t like what they’re doing here, they may or may not be deliberately splitting the player base here.

Problems:

- If you starting making exclusive content that isn’t cosmetic it’s going to affect gameplay. We all know that not all the current warframes ingame are balanced for endgame content(as stated in devstream 49), so unless they have a completely separate team working on these exclusives it’s going to drain resources.

- If these warframes/weapons are even remotely interesting which I think they will be since its Chinese mythology, it’s going to make players in the other parts of the world want it because it looks nice and is special. Unless they give us a way to obtain these as skins or something I don’t see this going well.

- Why does every game company that goes into china have to have changes to core gameplay?(this is rhetorical, don’t answer this in the comments) Having exclusive cosmetics is fine even though it feeds China their mentality that they are special(which they’re not). When we have exclusive warframes and weapons that are such an integral part of gameplay it makes me wonder are we missing out on something. Also I want to point out that other countries/regions of the world do not get regional exclusive anything(between consoles is a different thing), cosmetic or not. If China gets exclusive anything why can’t other countries/region get them too?

Essentially having exclusive cosmetics for China’s version is fine but why can’t other countries/region have that as well, and if they get exclusive warframes/weapons why can’t we(the rest of the world) have them as well(different exclusives)? As I have said above if all our warframes were balanced for endgame play then I would feel slightly better, but whats to stop them from making a cool Chinese dragon from myth warframe.

Lastly I want to make clear that although I do bash China a lot, that doesn’t mean that I hate the country, on the contrary I rather enjoy China and Chinese things(I’m Chinese). I just really hate it when companies have to make exclusive things for china because of the feeding, because of the possibility of core gameplay changes.

Sorry if this post sounds a little ranty and opinionated but China exclusives just hit hard to home. Also of course its too early to tell since it hasn't been released yet and we don't have more info so I may just be spewing rubbish.

EDIT: Heres the website thats quoted in the reddit post for the lazy: http://news.17173.com/content/2015-03-25/20150325001659350_all.shtml (warning contains NSFW ad content). Even if all this is just some PR stunt the idea of localization exclusives need to be talked about. Please keep discussion on topic and not go on a tangent about racism.

Treat the China release exactly like another Console... what's the problem?

I do not worry about the special editions and special weapon.

I care about that chinese edition may take large numbers of chinese player enter this Warframe,Interfere the normal operation of Support.
guys ,you know network of China is not good Connect to DE's service.(because i'm chinese ,i know that)---problem with loot disappear

and the special habit of players may be misunderstand(I'm trying to Clarify Transaction Ban for Support with large-platinum-gift to same-game-community's friend).God, 7 months ago warframe without gift function.

Another question:China currently no game ratings,you may meet some kids,even if they do not have the enough ability to distinguish and communicate.

at last i'm happy that more people play Warframe, but do not wanna differentiated treatment.
skin is ok,but not a special-abilities warframe
Edited by RageDurian

People, the site is full of S#&$.

The Tenno will work with the Avengers to save the universe? No way that's happening.

And some of those images used? Warframe fanart. That one with Valkyr especially uses Blacklight Retribution soldiers in it, things that aren't even IN Warframe and likely never will be!

Don't take this "exclusives" talk too seriously, they're talking out of their &#!.

People, the site is full of S#&$.

The Tenno will work with the Avengers to save the universe? No way that's happening.

And some of those images used? Warframe fanart. That one with Valkyr especially uses Blacklight Retribution soldiers in it, things that aren't even IN Warframe and likely never will be!

Don't take this "exclusives" talk too seriously, they're talking out of their !.

I'd like to hear DE's statement on this pile of BS.

I mean.. is it even any of their concern now that basically pw owns the rights for chinaland?

Or did I get this wrong?

questions, questions...

Can we not let them chat in our region? This is not because of race, I just don't want even MORE people asking "where do I find plastids?" "What is egate?" "How do i type?".

That isn't a regional thing. New players will always need help anywhere.

Blacklight Retribution soldiers in it, things that aren't even IN Warframe and likely never will be!

You know, unless PW went and infiltrated DE's offices and allow chinese players to play as their favorite online unnamed soldiers from PW themselves.

Great, now I'M talking out of my @$$.

Edited by Public_Stalker

You know, unless PW went and infiltrated DE's offices and allow chinese players to play as their favorite online unnamed soldiers from PW themselves.

Great, now I'M talking out of my @$$.

Indeed. We REALLY need to stop spreading the misinformation this post spreads and look at the facts: a lot of what's on the site is very clearly NOT going to relate to Warframe, anything that site says SHOULD NOT be considered fact.

The racism be strong in this thread.

We got a saying in Spain: Culo veo, culo quiero (a$$ I see, a$$ I want). As in wanting the things others get despite them not being necessarily good.

I think that applies perfectly here.

That website is full of BS, in any case.