The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Campers

BlutAdler

Here's to hoping the DE addresses this new fad of "farming" in the void.

Had someone tell me the best way to get to 40 minutes in Survival was to use this new method of "camping" in the voids. 

People don't learn from Viver and E-Gate that people are shooting themselves in the foot. 

Ridiculous.

New???? ó.Ò (Play it this way for more than a year i think)

"Camping" in one Room is more logical as running around like stupid pigs. Who says that we have to move all the time over the whole Map. Our Mission is it to get time for our "Agents" that are searching for treasures thats all. This is a Coop game most games of that kind are Tactical Warframe is the same. A good Squad that works together is a better gameplay than four guys running around and make there own thing.

See but like, farming isn't necessarily bad. It's when it becomes a thing of drastically changing game play then shunning those who don't agree or want to play that way. That's when it becomes a problem.

People shun you because you don't want to camp? I've never had that problem, whether camping or not. I always make sure to be precise when recruiting and most of the time I just run with clanmates. How is having two different ways to farm survival a bad thing? If the problem is in people not wanting to play like you do (and vice versa) then I don't think that warrants a change that'll make it impossible to camp. You have the tools to avoid the other group while playing in an enjoyable way for the group you agree with. 

If DE doesn't want people to camp in their game, then I could understand it. But changes to the system need to be made, if that's the case. Farming and grinding is the same to me: Not very fun. I just play for the gameplay or to help others. What's the difference between grinding and farming?  

If DE doesn't want people to camp in their game, then I could understand it. But changes to the system need to be made, if that's the case. Farming and grinding is the same to me: Not very fun. I just play for the gameplay or to help others. What's the difference between grinding and farming?  

IMO farming is amassing guaranteed resources overtime by running the same thing.(like poly bundles, neurodes, etc)

Grinding is doing the same thing over and over hoping that something you want drops.(prime parts)

Edited by kiteohatto

I wont deny that staying in 1 place for maximum spawn rate is better than running around, the team sticks togheter and if someone goes down we can easily revive him/her/it, by running around we mess the spawns and LS starts being harder to come by as the enemies level.

Granted, I've never done it beyond 60 minutes and that (going to 60) was a moment of crazyness because we had a Loki just in case things went south he could extract alone. Normally up to 40 minutes.

OP, your problem is not the game, its the players. People want to play a certian way? Let them. I've heard of Draco and E-Gate and stayed away from those places. Viver, I'm guilty of, but was not bored there, I was tired! It was shore spamming 1 power all the time, so now I stay away from those things.

Again: staying in 1 place and "holding the fort" is a way people play, I wont hold that against them, so shouldnt you. It's efficient? Yes. Increases Survivability? Yes. Its fun? Depends of who you ask.

Just leave it be, you are making it seem (a lot) that you are condeming how some people play, and THAT draws hostility.

after countless runs in survival you will get bored running around the place at some point. right now i just want to get my volt p and then bounce. maybe ill play it again someday for fun and do it as usual with lotsa running around, but not after the amount of time and keys i burned lol

I just want to say that Warframe is an MMO since that acronym means Massively Multiplayer Online. The only way this wouldn't be an MMO is if DE made it strictly single-player with no squads or interaction with other people online.

and suddenly all games with multiplayer mode becomes MMO's....

These threads are pointless as DE's battle with efficient farming methods is as well. People will always find more efficient ways to beat the grind. It's not fun to do. It seems that people like OP are mostly try hard or newer people that still have that "awe" in their eyes when you first start playing a game.

Here's to hoping the DE addresses this new fad of "farming" in the void.

Had someone tell me the best way to get to 40 minutes in Survival was to use this new method of "camping" in the voids. 

People don't learn from Viver and E-Gate that people are shooting themselves in the foot. 

Ridiculous.

I read this as

"Stop having fun in a video game.  I do not like the way you are having fun."

and suddenly all games with multiplayer mode becomes MMO's....

Sadly people don't seem to understand the definition of certain acronyms and words, it's such a pity. They assume that MMO = RPG when it does not. 

MMO + RPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying game.

MMO + 3PS = Massively Multiplayer Online 3rd Person Shooter.

Warframe is the latter. It isn't hard to discern what makes a Game an MMO or not. Having multiplayer support =/= MMO.

Edited by EmptyDevil

So.. in the Void i can't lay down a campfire and roast some taters?

Well crap.. i've always wanted to have a outing with Captain Vor.

Oh man, i can just imagine Vor spawning, doing his typical speech and then looks at the group of tenno camping in one place.....and asks "What'cha cooking Tenno?"

Oh, nothing, just getting this orokin cell fueled camp fire going, waiting for stuff to drop.

Oh man, i can just imagine Vor spawning, doing his typical speech and then looks at the group of tenno camping in one place.....and asks "What'cha cooking Tenno?"

Oh, nothing, just getting this orokin cell fueled camp fire going, waiting for stuff to drop.

Vor would be like "Oh Hey there Tenno.. want to share my Janus key?" or... "Oh hey there.. I see you forgot the key to your tool lockbox, here take my Janus Key. It should open it right up."

You must hate Tower Defense missions, eh? Lol. 

Some frames are BASED around camping...so what's the big deal? And unlike Viver or E-Gate and so on you do not create unfair situations compared to people that do not use the same method as you. 

You still have to wait for that timer.

Hey, it's another anti-camping thread, great.

Apparently sticking together with your team on the same spot is a bad thing, because 100% of the XP gained and loot dropped are being shared and there's no need to run around the map like a headless chicken with a vacuum cleaner while asking "Did I pick up that Argon yet?" or "Why is that Nekros killing stuff on the opposing end of the map?" ;)

If only I got any more rewards by not camping in an hour of survival...

Edited by MartianJellyfish

Sitting in a corner for 40 mintues is a tactic? And you're calling it effecient/effective. 

It kills the game. And I'm saying you're shooting yourself in the foot its because when DE changes something in the game that EFFECTS EVERYONE then you all swoop to forums to cry out your hearts.

This new trend of finding the laziest way to play a game mode is getting old.

Looks like you've been playing T1 survi for maximum 20 minutes if you are showing this huge lack of what's-going-on-after-40th-minute-in-T3/T4.

Looks like you've been playing T1 survi for maximum 20 minutes if you are showing this huge lack of what's-going-on-after-40th-minute-in-T3/T4.

What is going on after 40 minute mark? I am quite sure you can still kill mobs easily without 4 CPs and camping, you just need to know what you are doing.

Insinuating that camping needs skill is saying like you need a college degree just to breathe.

Well, depends on what you mean by camping?

Finding a nice room with good spawns and staying there killing enemies is pretty good tactic that's been present since the very start of survival. You can still run around and have fun this way (provided it's decent sized room).

Then there's the camping in a tight spot or a pipe with your sights on the entrance, cuting down anything that enters. That's... ehm... ok, whatever works for ya.

And then there's having Greedy Mag/Vauban and sitting in one single spot spamming single button for 40 minutes. Just Pull+Some Nuke+Desecrate. Now this is just sad... if you're so burnt out on the game that you're willing to do this mind numbing thing... just do yourself a favor and play something else, or go outside and get some air.

The last thing is certainly new fad. There was no H TXS camp before, there was just H TXS. People didn't demand this atrocious playstyle. People do this on T1S. WTF? I can solo that running around and all... why? You're not being efficient as survival is time based, you're not saving time. What? Do you need some alloy plates?

I miss the syndicate key rewards. People were running around, having fun, there was no pressure as those keys were readily available. It was nice... now it's back to the grind... efficiency.

Yeah, F*** that.

I recently ran T1S with some newer players. They were running around, using their abilities, melee, shooting. We made it to 40 minutes. Sure they got downed often as the enemies were starting to reach lvl 50. But I was kinda proud of them, just watching them play the game.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I think the fact that it gets boring fast is the issue. The goal (hopefully) is to have fun.

Camping is a symptom of a problem. The problem behind this symptom should be addressed.

Bro if it's boring to you, don't play the mode, or go solo, or host your own survival and make your own rules. Camping Survival has been in the game before Trinity's nerf, and DE actually increased the spawn rate in survival multiple times. I don't think you get it, in survival mode you try to get the most value out of it. And the safest way to do it is group up and camp. If you are down 100 meters away from me you're on your own

Well, depends on what you mean by camping?

Finding a nice room with good spawns and staying there killing enemies is pretty good tactic that's been present since the very start of survival. You can still run around and have fun this way (provided it's decent sized room).

Then there's the camping in a tight spot or a pipe with your sights on the entrance, cuting down anything that enters. That's... ehm... ok, whatever works for ya.

And then there's having Greedy Mag/Vauban and sitting in one single spot spamming single button for 40 minutes. Just Pull+Some Nuke+Desecrate. Now this is just sad... if you're so burnt out on the game that you're willing to do this mind numbing thing... just do yourself a favor and play something else, or go outside and get some air.

The last thing is certainly new fad. There was no H TXS camp before, there was just H TXS. People didn't demand this atrocious playstyle. People do this on T1S. WTF? I can solo that running around and all... why? You're not being efficient as survival is time based, you're not saving time. What? Do you need some alloy plates?

I miss the syndicate key rewards. People were running around, having fun, there was no pressure as those keys were readily available. It was nice... now it's back to the grind... efficiency.

Yeah, F*** that.

I recently ran T1S with some newer players. They were running around, using their abilities, melee, shooting. We made it to 40 minutes. Sure they got downed often as the enemies were starting to reach lvl 50. But I was kinda proud of them, just watching them play the game.

Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it?

What it comes down to - for me at least - is the fact that ruined WoW and many other MMO's for me. Player base is changing rapidly into "I want it all right now" type, which means that if they do not pay for plat to buy things, they play the game 24/7 just to get that one piece of shiny. This - in turn - turns the actual game a grind fest, powered by the mighty RNG and scewered loot table.

Instead of playing the game as a game to pass time, have fun and progress by its own.

This same discussion could be turned to one about speed running, without a problem. Some play it to win (which, as a MMO, cannot be won per se), some to have fun (which can be done and can be coupled with the will to win the current mission). Sadly endless mission types do not cater for the stuff mentioned in the second one.

In Survival I would do anything to make the mission easier and more efficient. Up to 40 min mark, where I would have passed all three rotations. Intercept the same. 

But then again, your mileage may vary. A lot.

C out