The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Campers

BlutAdler

What is going on after 40 minute mark? I am quite sure you can still kill mobs easily without 4 CPs and camping, you just need to know what you are doing.

Insinuating that camping needs skill is saying like you need a college degree just to breathe.

The issue with the 60 minute mark is stupid armor and HP. With CP you can equip Viral/Radiation to better deal with the oncoming hoarde and keep the life support flowing. Without CP you need to use some brain power and use specific strategys with people you can trust not to run for the exit and the first death. If you can't keep a consistant Kills per minute tally you won't stand a chance even with a Nekros.

Survival camping isn't bad, per se, but I see how it would kill the fun for some players. It's a matter of choice though, and not really a loot cave since the rewards are the same no matter what you do. I don't know what the OP is getting at. Viver (or what I know of it) and E Gate were exploits. Survival camping is not.

Sitting in a corner for 40 mintues is a tactic? And you're calling it effecient/effective. 

It kills the game. And I'm saying you're shooting yourself in the foot its because when DE changes something in the game that EFFECTS EVERYONE then you all swoop to forums to cry out your hearts.

This new trend of finding the laziest way to play a game mode is getting old.

you still dont understand...

camping is an effective way of having constant spawns for Oxygen... dunno about you but just about ever random group i join for void survival everyone is hippidie hopping around the map killing mobs just to get oxygen witch in in-efficient and they have to result to towers so early in game 

you can go 40 mins without having to use a single tower if you do the effective group build for camping!

camping is the best efficient way of getting it done right and quicker.. id rather vortex a corridor and just stay there instead if having to copter around the dam map trying to desecrate all the mobs that die. and considering no one has heard of staying in the same soom so spawns are consistent and are not being disrupted.

yeah.... now you see why camping is the best option

you still dont understand...

camping is an effective way of having constant spawns for Oxygen... dunno about you but just about ever random group i join for void survival everyone is hippidie hopping around the map killing mobs just to get oxygen witch in in-efficient and they have to result to towers so early in game 

you can go 40 mins without having to use a single tower if you do the effective group build for camping!

camping is the best efficient way of getting it done right and quicker.. id rather vortex a corridor and just stay there instead if having to copter around the dam map trying to desecrate all the mobs that die. and considering no one has heard of staying in the same soom so spawns are consistent and are not being disrupted.

yeah.... now you see why camping is the best option

How does 40 minutes goes faster when you camp? You found black hole or something?

let people play how they want. if they are killing enough things so that they dont have to leave that room, whats the problem?

lets hope that people learn that there are more ways to play the game than their own.

leave people alone ffs.

and no I dont camp survival.

How does 40 minutes goes faster when you camp? You found black hole or something?

I can easily do 40 minutes on my own using a Loki Disarm in a room and just kill in that room, i don't need to camp in one small area to kill things.

I just put on some Nightcore while playing survival, Camping to me is just being lazy but hey that's my opinion.

Edited by Hisophonic

let people play how they want. if they are killing enough things so that they dont have to leave that room, whats the problem?

lets hope that people learn that there are more ways to play the game than their own.

leave people alone ffs.

and no I dont camp survival.

Problem is not when you are sitting in one room for more spawns. Greedy Mag camp runs are the real issue.

People camp at one corridor and just do what they did at Viver and Draco, spam one power. Then DE comes and adds LoS to powers of those camping frames.

The last few posts before this and some more along the thread show clearly that the end rewards and the mission reward rotations are more powerful motivators than the possibility to find a rare mod or two from the map itself... 

If DE should change something it would be the possibility to find something REALLY rewarding if you explore the map. Then again, everything put in the game is and will be abused. Usually in ways that the developers didn't even dream about.

The last few posts before this and some more along the thread show clearly that the end rewards and the mission reward rotations are more powerful motivators than the possibility to find a rare mod or two from the map itself... 

If DE should change something it would be the possibility to find something REALLY rewarding if you explore the map. Then again, everything put in the game is and will be abused. Usually in ways that the developers didn't even dream about.

I am still confused why Survival doesnt have Loot Caches as Sabotage does.

Its a legitimate strategy.

For some it is and for some it isn't.

Camping is more of a "Personal" Tactic as some people find it easier staying in a tiny room as opposed to staying a big room and kill there.

Camping is both efficient and boring but that's how i see it, I prefer to stand in a big room and cast disarm and kill enemies that way besides i never go beyond 40 minutes.

Also you don't need a Nekros to go over 40+ minutes, all a Nekros does is soften the LS depletion.

Here's to hoping the DE addresses this new fad of "farming" in the void.

Had someone tell me the best way to get to 40 minutes in Survival was to use this new method of "camping" in the voids. 

People don't learn from Viver and E-Gate that people are shooting themselves in the foot. 

Ridiculous.

Specious argument is specious...

People have been playing survival like that since before Viver and E-gate.

And the simple fact of the matter is that it's a smarter, more reliable, and altogether more profitable way to run a survival mission than 4 people running around like chickens with their heads cut off after a certain point in survival missions.

If such style is not to your liking, then don't play with people who use that style or only run Void Survivals with your own key so you can set your own pace.

Problem solved.

Judging others for their method of attaining engagement (the goal of the game) is high handed, at best.

OP is just silly, swapping the cause and outcome.

L55NdAR.gif

First there is RNG, then there is grind wall, what come next is frames that can climb through the wall get hit by the nerfhammer, with more walls building up. After this DE made a staircase straight pass the wall named prime access. So keep climbing ,so take the stairs. So more hammer incoming.

Not thing to do with farm, Nerf just happens when de need money.

Edited by themartinc123

I am still confused why Survival doesnt have Loot Caches as Sabotage does.

Now THAT would be a great idea for DE to implement!! I have always wondered what is the point of Survivals (yea, yea, to distract the bad mobs so 'our' agent can dig deeper into their pockets) because Tenno do not have to do anything concrete to pull those missions through. Add a rewarding element which would require at least some co-operation to be achieved would be somewhat better than the current one which promotes camping strategies.

Well though, sir!

C out

If you don't like it, don't do it, go run across the map, die and enjoy as the other player carry you and send you pms afterwards that you left them alone without contributing to the team.

If you want to run around and do things less efficiently, then do it, find other players just like you and do that.

Make sure to find a slow nova and a rhino to help you out.

For some it is and for some it isn't.

Camping is more of a "Personal" Tactic as some people find it easier staying in a tiny room as opposed to staying a big room and kill there.

Camping is both efficient and boring but that's how i see it, I prefer to stand in a big room and cast disarm and kill enemies that way besides i never go beyond 40 minutes.

Also you don't need a Nekros to go over 40+ minutes, all a Nekros does is soften the LS depletion.

Actually, it's just a good strategy over all...

Every military tactician will assert that controlling the egress of an opponent and having adequate logistical support is key to winning an engagement.

The larger the space, the less control you have over either of those factors...

On Loki...

Loki's methods don't really apply because Loki's abilities are insane to begin with, tbh.

Having a 4 person cell with a well played/equipped Loki in it is the functional equivalent of having two 4 person cells in that match.

The only thing a Loki needs 3 other people for in survival is the DPS (and only barely even then)

Having a player able to:

Stand amongst those herds at will.

Remove the strongest asset those herds have indefinitely.

Move that herd in any direction they please at will.

Is the literal equivalent of god mode.

Using Loki as an argument or referencing Loki as a frame of tactical relevance is unsound. I'd suggest avoiding it as it creates an argument that Loki can only lose, imo.

Actually, it's just a good strategy over all...

Every military tactician will assert that controlling the egress of an opponent and having adequate logistical support is key to winning an engagement.

The larger the space, the less control you have over either of those factors...

On Loki...

Loki's methods don't really apply because Loki's abilities are insane to begin with, tbh.

Having a 4 person cell with a well played/equipped Loki in it is the functional equivalent of having two 4 person cells in that match.

The only thing a Loki needs 3 other people for in survival is the DPS (and only barely even then)

Having a player able to:

Stand amongst those herds at will.

Remove the strongest asset those herds have indefinitely.

Move that herd in any direction they please at will.

Is the literal equivalent of god mode.

Using Loki as an argument or referencing Loki as a frame of tactical relevance is unsound. I'd suggest avoiding it as it creates an argument that Loki can only lose, imo.

Well realistically yeah it's a good tactic but when i play games i play to have fun so i dislike the idea of "Camping", I prefer to be in the thick of the action doing something because usually doing something so daunting makes me fall asleep which is why i don't do Rep farms or Greedy Lazy Pull runs.

In Survival i usually prefer to be active and running with or without a Loki any frame that can avoid gun fire is good either way, if i stay in one spot not moving i just end up thinking "What am i even doing here if i all i do is stand here like i normally do in the Liset". 

I rather not add more mind numbing additions to the already boring grind.

Edited by Hisophonic

Well realistically yeah it's a good tactic but when i play games i play to have fun so i dislike the idea of "Camping", I prefer to be in the thick of the action doing something because usually doing something so daunting makes me fall asleep which is why i don't do Rep farms or Greedy Lazy Pull runs.

In Survival i usually prefer to be active and running with or without a Loki any frame that can avoid gun fire is good either way, if i stay in one spot not moving i just end up thinking "What am i even doing here if i all i do is stand here like i normally do in the Liset". 

I don't bother with those types of runs either because they are a perversion of the game itself.

Sadly, DE created that mess themselves.

But that doesn't assert that holding a chokepoint and driving them enemy through it is bad strategy or a bad play practice.

The two are not the same.

That "standing still" method you speak of is a garbage tactic, tbh.

IF DE were to get better at both:

Spotting Botters

Banning Botters

They would have a better game overall.

The problem is that DE would also have to create a more rewarding game experience in order to help foster the level of engagement needed to get people to actually play the game.

Evidence suggests that they do not know how to do that.

Actually, the only frame that can reliably avoid gunfire is Loki as all of his skills trend in that direction.

Loki is always a bad support for any argument of this type.

If that's what you read you need better comprehension skills. If that's what i was complaining about it'd be stupid since I don't have to play with people who do this. 

And I don't. I solved that quick fast in a hurry. This thread's purpose is stated directly at the start. " Here's to DE hoping that they address it"

"they don't play my way so let's nerf it"

thats what i read

I don't bother with those types of runs either because they are a perversion of the game itself.

Sadly, DE created that mess themselves.

But that doesn't assert that holding a chokepoint and driving them enemy through it is bad strategy or a bad play practice.

The two are not the same.

That "standing still" method you speak of is a garbage tactic, tbh.

IF DE were to get better at both:

Spotting Botters

Banning Botters

They would have a better game overall.

The problem is that DE would also have to create a more rewarding game experience in order to help foster the level of engagement needed to get people to actually play the game.

Evidence suggests that they do not know how to do that.

Actually, the only frame that can reliably avoid gunfire is Loki as all of his skills trend in that direction.

Loki is always a bad support for any argument of this type.

Just move some items from Rotation C then it should be all gravy.

Can people stop getting on the bandwagon of hating on survival camping because they think they appear "cooler" to constantly nag about it? It is SURVIVAL, you survive by camping. It is a strategy. DE will change something in retaliation, a new strategy will be developed. If the change is ridiculous, the community will give their feedback (or revolt whichever).